One Step at a Time - April 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - April 2019

Pauly, yes my greys are covered! I love when I get my hair washed at the salon, it's amazing! Got a mani today and it's, of all colors, grey! Hubby says it looks like battleship grey! Actually it's a purply grey! Glad Romeo didn't eat a lot of that nail polish, but boy do I know how fast those little ones move.
    RUsty, are you back to work yet? Bird, what fun things did you do today? Nora, how's things by you, Mom ok? GLassie, how is HRH doing? Just wondering how your room redo came out? I was supposed to get my shade today for the living room window, but it never came. Maybe tomorrow. Having company this weekend and wanted to have it up for then, Busy day today, OMG! Still, a busy day at this office is still manageable. Not like at the hospital. I actually dreamt I was working there again last night. I woke up tired!

Comment

Hi all,
      Not much happening. Went to hobby lobby yest and got some stuff for pine needle baskets, I am gonna try and make some nice ones like I have seen on a fb group I joined. Maybe I could sell them if I had enough to set up a table. Went to the river park, still kinda sore from that waterfall hike over the weekend. Today and tomorrow is bear day at the university, stuff going on and the kids presenting their research. Dd1s bf presents today, I might go, I don't think his parents could come. Tomorrow my kids, and honors convocation for dd2, she is getting something from the philosophy dept..dd1 applied for an internship in Iowa, getting down to the crunch now and most internships are closed, hope she gets this one...Nora, glad your mom is better....Liz, I have never had a manicure. I used to hate it when I was little and my mom would cut my nails and file them and squish my hands so tight, maybe that is why hehe..Logan is looking so big these days....Paulie, glad Romeo didn't get the polish into him. He is so cute I want to pick him up and hug.....waves to Glassie and Rusty......

Comment

Morning friends,Bird I hope your basket turns out good this time,I remember you weren't happy with your last try, practice makes perfect I think you can try and pick up Romeo but he is HEAVY! Lou actually feels lighter haha,Liz I'll bet it's a nice color on your nails,men just don't get it! They seem to only like reds or pinks haha I like to step outside the box on nail color too except one time I bought some shiny green and when it dried it reminded me of dried boogers so I tossed it Nora,how's your mom doing? Rusty hope all is well, probably getting back into your routine,Glassy hope all is well, wishing us all a happy AF Thursday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone. Let's have a happy day!
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I need my grays covered bad. Except mine is white not gray.

I hope that everyone is doing great. Bird, so exciting about your girls. Busy times. When does your daughter find out if she gets that internship? Pauly - you were pretty quick to get the nail polish from Romeo before he got more of it. Close your eyes for a second and they are into something.

I went to the rheumatologist yesterday. Have to go have blood drawn (a lot of blood) and go back in 3 weeks. Might do a cortisone shot in my knee. I go for some type of nerve conductivity test in my arms tomorrow. I am a mess.

Have a happy day.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              I need my grays covered bad. Except mine is white not gray.
              Since my eyes are going at the same time, mine look like highlights to me :haha:!

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], lol. My mom told us a story awhile ago that after my dad had is cataract surgery he came home and she found him in the bathroom scrubbing his head with multiple shampoos in the sink. She asked him what the heck he was doing. He said his hair was so dirty and dusty and not coming clean. They finally figured out that after he had his eyes fixed he could really see his gray hair. It had been that way for awhile.

Nora, you do have alot going on health wise. I hope whatever they are doing will help. Are you in pain constantly or does it come and go?
                Pauly that green nail polish does sound nasty! I don't think I've ever had green nails. I usually stay pretty benign with colors, but this time I wanted something springy.
                BIrd, busy, busy! Hope those basket turn out nicely, better yet hope you enjoy making them. Those girls are keeping you busy! Enjoy, time just flies and I cannot believe how long my kids have been out of school already!
                Went to my moms today with Logan. He takes her by the hand now and drags her all over her house. Mom just eats it up! She's got this huge bay window in her living room and Logan loves sitting on that window sill and wait for Mama!
                GLassie and Rusty, hope you guys are ok. Have a great AF night!

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

Sorry I have been MIA. I was working locally this week but working long hours. I am home today. :-).
                  [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-are you having a fibro flare-up? That must be so painful! I got all my greys covered, too. :-) Why look older than you are, right??
                  [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-cute picture of you, LB and Rome on FB. I know you miss her a lot. :-( What are you up to today?
                  [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Glassie-I am delighted the sleepover with little HRH went well...I knew it would. ;-) When do you find out whether your thesis has been accepted?
                  [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-what a cute story about your dad. Grey hair is supposed to make men look distinguished. Just the opposite for women!
                  [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-good to see you!

What's everybody up to this weekend? I am picking up my rental car tomorrow as on Sunday, I will be driving to Minnesota for a 1-day assignment on Monday. I will be stopping near the MN border as my dear friend lives there, and Sunday is her birthday, so I am taking her 80-year-old mother with me. She's delightful. She and I will help her daughter celebrate her birthday on Sunday. It's a boring 6 hr. drive to MN so it will be nice to have company.

Happy AF Friday to all!
                  Last edited by Rusty; April 5, 2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I forgot to mention that I am fascinated by a pine needle basket! I have never seen one so please post pics of it. Wow, you are really on the move! You never let grass grow under your feet. :-)
                    Last edited by Rusty; April 5, 2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Today is my busy day with the kids, dd1 has her presentation at 10, dd2 at 12, then there is a concert, honors at 4 and something after that I don't remember. Excited about it all..I have this spot on my knuckle, looks like eczema or something, been there a long time, my old doc thought it might have something to do with my welding glove, but now it is getting worse and itches like crazy. I have put everything under the sun on it but not much help. Now getting one on my neck. I sure don't wear a welding glove there huh? Guess I will have to go to the doc.....Nora, I hope the doc can help you with your pain.One of my band mom friends has fybro so bad she had to quit her job......Paulie, that green polish sounds weird. I bet Rom is heavy, dd2 was a big round baby like that........Rusty, have fun in Mn. You have a wonderful social life, I am envious......Liz, I think I have seen that bay window on your pics. Funny story about your dads hair!. I don't bother with mine. Just cut it all off and put a hat on hahaha....
                      Last edited by bird; April 5, 2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty have a nice time,fun you get to have a road trip buddy Bird,better get that checked out just to make sure it's nothing serious,might be fungal? Found out yesterday that my dad's mom passed away felt sad mostly for him and my sibs but tried calling him and messaging him on FB and nothing,he's like me tho and hates phone calls but still. I've decided my family including myself are all a little weird but I guess that ok,Liz,Nora Glassy hope we all have a Fab AF Friday!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I enjoyed your pictures today. I always loved those busy school days with the kids. You've got a lot to be proud of. I may be assuming too much here, but did you raise them mostly on your own? Pauly could be right, fungal? It's probably not a great idea to google it? I know I would. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], how nice that you will have a traveling companion to MN. That'll make the time pass quickly. Nice that you were working close to home. I think I would enjoy the different work schedule. How nice that you'll be celebrating your friends birthday with her. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], sorry to hear out your dads mom passing. I hope your dad is ok. Does he live far from you? I guess everyone has their way of dealing with loss.
                          Nora and Glassie, how are you both today? I've got a neck/headache that woke me up last night. I've taken Advil and gotten an adjustment and it's still there. Not sure what's up with that, but think I'll just get to bed early tonight.

Comment

Good Morning!

Rushing as usual here but I wanted to say to [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] that you must be so proud of your daughters! They are true achievers....I am happy for them and for you!
                            [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly, so sad to hear about your dad's mom passing away.:hug:

Big hellos to [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], and anyone I missed...Happy AF Saturday!

Comment

G'day to the lovely lasses on the Steppers thread! Hmmm, we have a [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] here, the leader of this great thread. And I see that [MENTION=24361]NoraB[/MENTION] just joined our fantastic little forum. This has got to be a thread you can relate to [MENTION=24361]NoraB[/MENTION], don't be shy and join in with the rest of the Steppers!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi all,
                                Such a long day yest and didn't get home til after 6. Honors convocation was very long and all this stuff very emotional. Going out tonight again, dd1 wants to go to a play downtown. No news on the Iowa thing yet. In answer to your question Liz, I did raise my kids completely alone, I was working with their dad in FL, I moved to GA and then he wanted to move here, went to work with me, I got preg with dd1, he went back to FL, came back up once and I got preg with dd2, he went back to FL, died in 07. The kids don't remember him, he only came up once to visit for a couple hours.....so my basket making stuff will be here today. Kinda excited about that.......Paulie, sorry about your dads mom. He probably doesn't want to answer the phone. Where does he live?.....Liz, hope your neck is better today. I have a lot of trouble with mine and use icy hot......Rusty, thank you, I am very proud of my girls!.....waves to Nora and Glassie.....I might have to go back to bed hehehe feeling beat....b

Comment

Working...
                                X