One Step at a Time - April 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - April 2019

Oh Liz - I am so sorry to hear that about your niece. I don't remember, have TS & BIL met this person? Do they still play that online game? You are right, your niece has to live her own life and learn from her experiences. But, it's easier to say that than it is to give up the worry over her. My heart hurts for your sister & BIL. I'm sure that this is so hard for them.
    I'm sorry that today was a tough one. Do you have any plans to go visit CJ again soon? I am sure that Logan does wear you out at times.
    Glad that you still found a smile today.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - you must have been wired on the med to get up and do your closets in the middle of the night. :rotlf: How long do you have to take it? I hope you get some sleep tonight.
      You mentioned that the garden must have grown 6 inches overnight. You can tell that it's Spring here because all the dandelions are filling my yard. Plus, next to my driveway at my neighbor's house, there are some weeds. I don't care, I only notice it when I drive up and they'll take care of it. But, the funny thing is that when I drove in the driveway yesterday, I could have sworn that the weeds grew a foot tall overnight.

Pauly - is Romeo taking more steps? I think that is so exciting. Oh my gosh, I just remembered when I was thinking about Romeo. Last night when we were FaceTiming with the kids, Savannah raised up into a crouch on 2 feet without holding onto anything. She didn't stay that way long before she sat back down but it was so cool to see. We only see them every couple of weeks so I miss all that stuff.
      Hey, how are things going at your work? Is it better since they got rid of that one person?

Rusty - are you back home yet or are you still driving? Hope you had a great visit.

Glassie, NoSugar, Techie and everyone who stops by :checkin:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello friends,just a quick hello from me this morning,back after work, wishing us all a happy AF Wednesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday.
          Let's make it over the hump. :welldone:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
            Still going wide open here, 6 days on these pills but haven't been taking all of them cuz too jumpy so maybe just one more day. Dd1 freaking out about job applications and doesn't want to move away, which all are out of state, think she will end up staying here for summer and work local out of her field, then go for a fall internship. Working outside today, pool temp 70, gotta get it cleaned up now......Liz, that must be hard being away from kids for so long. Lucky for skype and ft. Hope your niece does ok with the marriage. Dd1 and her bf play games like crazy, I never see them talk much.....Nora, that is great you got to see Savannah raise up on ft. Good timing..I have decided to leave all my dandylions this year and just mow the edges and a path through. The dandys are edible too. I just hate to cut down flowers....waves to Paulie, Rusty and Glassie...

Comment

Was thinking about your niece Liz and really there's not much difference between meeting on a game and meeting someone on a internet dating site? These kids do things so different these days anyways,Kells BF didn't hafta work tonight so no boys for me, feel a bit sad about it tbh,Rome did come by for a bit cuz I watch him while BF picks up Lou but I was taken by surprise when he picked him up and left,oh well at least I can mop the floor in peace now haha,Bird,70 degrees sounds good I love a warm pool and won't even bother with a cold one brrrrr

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello Friends!

Pauly-I loved the pics of Rome on FB. Such a cutie!

Liz-I loved the pic of you and hubs...and Logan, of course! :-). So sorry to hear your niece has decided to move to Ohio to be with the gaming guy. I think I mentioned that Fortnite is the newest and biggest addiction in the UK, according to The Fix. Yes, she has to live her life. I know you miss CJ...is there any way you and hubs could go visit soon?

Nora-Savannah is at such a fun age. I wish you could see her more often.
                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-what I wouldn't give for 70 degree weather....we had snow again today! YUCK! Prednisone had the same effect on me that it has had on you. :-(

Hello to our Classy Glassy, sweet triathlete [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and our ever supportive [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]....I hope everything is going well in your world.

Working in IL tomorrow so long commute and long work day but I will try and check in tomorrow evening.

It was a great AF Hump Day!

Comment

Hi folks - nothing new to report. Another day at paradise (work). Ha, ha
                  Pauly - I need to mop my floor but I'm not going to do it today.
                  Rusty - glad you are back. Did you have fun? I know most of it was work but I meant the part with your friend & mom.
                  Bird - I hope that dd1 doesn't get too much anxiety. Hopefully she finds something in the area.
                  Pool sounds wonderful. I am totally with you though, Pauly. It's got to be warm or forget it.

C was sick over the weekend. He thought he had food poisoning. Now J is sick and Savannah has thrown up 5 times today. They are at the Doctor right now. I want to go help them but I am worried that I would bring it back into the house and get mom sick. Don't you just hate when the little ones are sick?
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh and a just something I want to share............

I was at 7-Eleven and the guy in front of me bought one tall Modelo. And as I'm looking at him putting his one beer up on the counter, I thought............wow, only one?

Yes - still to this day, my brain jumps to making sure there is eough. I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER want to be trapped in that nightmare of alcohol......always thinking about it, plotting, scheming, hiding, shame, regret, depression and on & on. That's not even getting into the way I felt physically. No thank you - not for me.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora that one beer purchase always baffles me too,I guess it never goes away, probably people who just like the taste not the effects,Rusty,be safe going to IL, actually you're probably already there was having the stupid feeling of feeling like I'm missing out by not drinking yesterday and how it's unfair that I can't sometimes,I really hate when I have that thought/feeling it's ugly plus that stupid old bartender I used to see on a daily basis is coming in today for her highlights I hate seeing her! Too many bad memories and last time she came in I got so worked up I drank,why can't she go somewhere else? Ugh.Bird,what's up for today? Are you feeling better? Liz,what's up with your day, anything fun? Wishing us all a happy AF Thursday!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], Remembering that cycle and knowing that there is “never enough” (hope you like the book, [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]), is a big part of what keeps me on this path. I always notice the people who slowly drink ONE glass of wine. Like you, I absolutely can’t relate!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                          Morning friends,Nora that one beer purchase always baffles me too,I guess it never goes away, probably people who just like the taste not the effects,Rusty,be safe going to IL, actually you're probably already there was having the stupid feeling of feeling like I'm missing out by not drinking yesterday and how it's unfair that I can't sometimes,I really hate when I have that thought/feeling it's ugly plus that stupid old bartender I used to see on a daily basis is coming in today for her highlights I hate seeing her! Too many bad memories and last time she came in I got so worked up I drank,why can't she go somewhere else? Ugh.Bird,what's up for today? Are you feeling better? Liz,what's up with your day, anything fun? Wishing us all a happy AF Thursday!
                          Don’t drink AT that bartender! Think how far you’ve come from where she is. And I promise you, you are missing nothing but regret, shame, a headache, and the overall self-loathing that I bet everyone here has experienced many times. No drink is possibly worth all that!

Take care of YOU. xx, NS

Comment

Nora, OMG yes I'd dint get the one beer thing either! Went out to dinner the other night for work, wine was flowing freely. The girls across from me left with their glasses half empty! Seriously, I could never do that. Pauly, funny you should mention that stupid feeling like you're missing out on something. It's been going through my head a lot lately too. Not a good thing but I remember a lot of fun times with al involved and I miss that. Just being honest here.
                            Rusty hope you're having a good day in Illinois. It's not snowing is it? Cold here today, but I still switched out my winter clothes to summer, with Logan's help:egad:
                            BIrd, the pool is a lot of work, I know, but I just love mine! I hope your daughter finds something. It takes awhile sometimes, I speak from experience with my kids. I hope you know you need to taper off the prednisone, right? Is it at least helping?
                            Went out to dinner last night with my girl friend and got home kinda late. Felt bad I didn't post but I was so tired! We were outside after work with Logan, he keeps us on our toes.
                            Pauly, glad you got to sweep the floor. We do that a lot now since Lucy isn't around. Funny, we didn't need to do it so much then. Logan is napping now, so I figured I'd post. My time is limited. I am going to aWFS meeting tonight. It's been awhile.
                            So yes TS and BIL have met my nieces fiancé. TBH we are not how sure how to address this individual. She is a female who identifies as a male. Not transgender, just assumed the role of a male, name change and all. It's a tough pill to swallow and we are confused. Sigh. . .
                            Yeah, so if you guys have any input, I'd be ok hearing it.
                            Waves to you all and I hope you're having a good AF Thursday.

Comment

I guess we all still get some of those thoughts sometimes. There were fun times but the bad times were so much more.
                              I know that now it just feels like a foreign thing to me. It's like I haven't eaten meat in 20 years and every great once in a while, I'll think oh I miss a pastrami sandwich or a tuna sandwich. Random thought out of the blue. But, I'm not going to go out and eat one.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - I agree with NS. Take care of you.

Liz - thanks for explaining about your niece's relationship. I wish that I had some good advice. I guess the main thing is to keep the lines of communication open. They love their daughter and though this might not be the life they had planned for her, it seems like this is the life she has chosen.
                                This is not the same situation but my cousin was gay. His parents were never able to accept that. And he was never able to bring his partner around even though they were together for years. It was never even admitted to the family that he was gay. It was like it was a big secret. It was a sad situation. I know that my cousin would have given anything to be able to bring his partner to meet his parents.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X