One Step at a Time - April 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - April 2019

Happy Sunday / Monday - wherever you may be in the world.

Bird - did you get your pool all up & running now? Liz -is your pool up now?

Mom is stable right now. Thanks for asking. She is relatively healthy for a 91 year old. Still able to walk with her walker. Usually we have to help her get up but she still has those moments of getting up without her walker when you least expect it. Lucky that she hasn't fallen. She still has some words but is almost completely deaf.
    It's just hard to explain the way things are. We are lucky that she hasn't declined more. We are still able to take care of her here. She can still feed herself and go to the bathroom. She isn't in pain. She just is like a toddler in so many ways. Yesterday she was awake all day long so it was a good thing it was a Saturday and I was home. Today she is very antsy but is back to normal, sleeping for periods and then waking up and repeat.
    Anyway, things are going fine right now, thankfully.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

THanks for the compliments on the living room. I am happy with the way it turned out and even happier that it's complete.
      Nora, glad things are going well with your mom. Can't believe she's 91.
      Pauly, I'm surprised they gave Romeo steroids. I know it shortens how long you are sick and really relieves some of the symptoms. I guess it's something new they're doing. My kids were never given steroid and thinking back there were times they probably would've benefitted. I think I know who you're talking about from MWO that is drinking seemingly in a normal manner. I pretty sure that'll never be me.
      Bird, how brave of you to get the pool. I really just enjoy floating on my raft reading. Now that I'm thinking about it I never drank will I was relaxing in the pool. Hmm, I don't know why or why that just popped into my head.
      hubby and I went to a park with cherry blossoms today. It's about half hour away and super crowded! I've never been there before and really wanted to see the cherry blossoms. Not what I expected, but pretty anyway.

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-you are so cultured! I loved the pics of the Chinese opera! You stay soooo busy...taking care of your daughters and doing such fun cultural things as well. Good for you!
        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-when and where did you post pics of your living room??? I want to see it! I bet it is lovely.
        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-wow, your mom is 91. My mom will be 92 next month. I hope you had a relaxing Sunday before having to go back to work today. :-( I wish you didn't work in such a toxic environment.
        [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y-how is Rome feeling?

Big hellos to everyone else. I am at home today but I will be busy with lots of busy tasks.

Happy AF Monday to all!

Comment

Morning friends,Techie congrats on 9 years! I seen the correction and was waiting to say my congrats until I could see you run,swim by haha,Rusty, Romeo got the pred back in December when he had the flu he's fine but Lou was saying he felt sick yesterday,grrr but Kell said he was fine later so who knows,Bird,the Chinese opera looked cool,they have something like that here once a year Shen Yun,I've never been tho but it looks awesome! My cousin did a makeover on my mom the other night and my mom was having a hard time figuring out how to post it on Facebook so her old high school BF could see it so I posted it haha,she looks good for a 68 year old but she was drinking in the pic and I wonder if she stopped she'd look even better,were talking on the Army about how mwo could be made better,I have no clue just if I was new I'd feel lost, nobody really talks about it much except in the nest,anyhoo waves to Liz and Nora,Glassy wishes for a happy AF Monday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
            A bit chilly this morn, had to put on a sweatshirt, took the truck and trailer out, dd2 had bought a couple bookcases. Will put them in her house tonight. The Chinese opera was very good and had some boxes on the sides of the stage with subtitles. It was Romeo and Juliet type story. Dinner with dd1 and bf. Going out to the mounds, last week all messed up on those stupid pills....Paulie, I saw that pic with your Mom, thought it looked good. As for mwo, it doesn't seem to have any management to me. Look at Smart Recovery and WFS, lots of stuff going on , book studies, moderated meetings, lots and lots of info on those sites. Easy to get lost in the crowd though, I like to post here for day to day stuff.....Rusty, that is nice you are home for a change......Liz, glad you got to see the cherry blossoms. I saw the pics, nice. I don't think I've ever drank in the pool either. Drinking and swimming doesn't sound good........Nora, your mom sure is doing good for her age.God she can still get around on her own and has not fallen. I've a friend in her 90s, she moved into assisted living after falling a few times. I think my mom is 81, not sure.....later

Comment

Rusty, I will try to post pics here of the living room tomorrow. Funny you should mention that tonight, I just downloaded all my photos to the computer as I was running out of storage on my phone. I had a feeling someone was going to ask me for a picture now that my gallery is empty. "Murphy's Law"!
              Bird, how exciting your daughter got published! It was chilly here too today.
              Pauly, I think it would be great to make MWO better. I think bird is right, there doesn't seem to be much management, Did anyone on the army thread have any ideas? I have never been on the smart recovery one and may look into that one. WFS is huge and I think it would be difficult to really get to know a particular group of women there.
              Nora and Glassie, hope you're doing well.
              Last edited by Lizann; April 15, 2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], the living roomimage.jpg
                Last edited by Lizann; April 15, 2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Morning friends,Bird how exciting about your daughter!! She should be proud of herself Liz,I don't know how mwo could be made better,I think this site was founded on the program that the long gone Roberta Jewell had followed and it was about selling that program and products remember? I know I found this place by hearing about kudzu,I was googling and threads had popped up so I joined,now I never hear of the herb anymore anywhere haha,I agree wfs is so big I don't think I'd be able to bond with anyone like the people o have here hubs is re-tiling my shower,it's all in demolition mode right now so I'm using the main bathroom to shower and Brady is messy!! He's the one who mostly uses it cuz we all use the downstairs bathroom and he's just got stuff everywhere,I need to clean it up,sheesh,live somewhere and don't notice until you hafta use it, anyways waves to Nora,Rusty and Glassy hope everyone has a happy AF Tuesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                    Well went and got dd2s bookshelves yest(heavy), lucky we have a dolly but still. Had to carry them partway. The lady she bought them from had a lot of stuff for sale, I bought a little lamp with a dimmer, very nice....my neck broke out again last night again and my knuckle a little. Seems better this morning, gotta figure out what is causing that, maybe nerves, but I am thinking food.....Paulie, I tried that kudzu, it grows here, I guess it didn't work very well for me. Nice you are getting your shower fixed up, wish I had the energy to take on some home projects like that.....Liz, your LR is so nice, think I said that already but say it again.....got dd2s bike out yest and rode it some. Boy did I find out how out of shape I am trying to ride up the little hill in the yard. Had to walk it hahahaha.....I have made a few friends on wfs, but it is not like here with the same people everyday, I am very thankful for this thread.....waves to all

Comment

image.jpgBIrd and Pauly, I am very thankful for this thread and my friends here too! Pauly, how nice the shower is getting redone. Mark was never very neat with his bathroom when he was home either. I do not miss cleaning it at all! We FaceTimed him last night when he got an email from the powers that be at his company. His "repatriation" will be June 17th! I had to google that word, it means he is being returned to his country of origin:congratulatory: lol! I will be cleaning that bathroom again before you know it. He says it is bittersweet for him. He loves living in the UK, but doesn't love the job he is doing there. It apparently is quite stressful, but he has learned a lot.
                      Bird, I haven't been on a bike in years. I just feel like my balance isn't what it used to be? Good job on the book shelves.
                      Erin had a car accident coming home from school. Thank God she's ok, and the baby was still here with us. Someone backed out of a parking space and backed right into her. the woman backed into Erin's driver side and back door. Backed up into on coming traffic? Obviously not Erin's fault but she was pretty shaken up. It is drive able, but she can't open the back door. I brought Logan home, so she didn't have to drive any extra.
                      Nora, hope you are feeling ok. I worry when you are quiet. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I took another picture of the living room with my iPad, but the colors aren't great. How's your work week going? Are you off Friday for the holiday?
                      Anyone doing anything for Easter? We will be going to TS and BIL side of the family will be there too. I look forward to it.
                      Hope you all have a great AF night!
                      Last edited by Lizann; April 16, 2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Hello, hello

I had so much I was going to say but now I forget. Ha, ha It's my fault for not typing it while I was thinking about it.

Liz - so sorry that Erin got hit. Thank goodness she is ok. Things happen so quickly.
                        I love your living room. How pretty it is. Yippee on Mark coming home.

Bird - That is so cool all the stuff you do. That Chinese opera sounds so fun. Oh and riding a bike. Good job. I'm with Liz on the balance issue though. I think I'd be crashing more than actually riding. LOL Maybe you just needed more of a head start to be able to pedal up that hill.
                        Maybe they should refer you to a dermatologist. I hope it starts feeling better.

Rusty - are you home all week or just yesterday? How is your Mom doing? Where will you be for Easter?

Pauly - fun that your cousin was doing a makeover for your Mom. I laughed at you talking about Brady's bathroom. Imagine how I felt when I had to use the restroom at his fraternity house. :egad:
                        I wish that I had the magic answer about helping MWO. It just has slowed down so much.

Glassie - you are missed young lady.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Liz sorry Erin got hit! Even a small fender bender is startling and scary,glad you guys had the baby. Nora,there you are hope you're doing well,did it rain there yesterday? Still groggy this morning think I slept ok but maybe not haha so I'll just give a wave to Rusty,Glassy and Bird back later and wishes for a happy and AF Wednesday!

Comment

Good Morning/Evening, Friends!

I am home today, work in Chicago tomorrow and then I am home through next Tuesday. Ooh la la. I will spend Easter with my mom and my sister and her family. Church and brunch on Sunday works for me...and the only thing I have to bring is Mom. Haha!
                            [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-wow, I am so glad Erin wasn't hurt and you had Logan! Jeez, but how scary for Erin! Your living room is beautiful, and I love the Roman shade. I bet you are so happy that Mark will be returning to the mothership. Does he know where he will be located on his next assignment?
                            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-is there somewhere we can access your daughter's publication so we might be able to read it? Congratulations to her again. I spent a lot of money on a bike a few years ago and I've only ridden it a few times, and it's because my doctor scared the daylights out of me when I bought it. She said I had to ride only on trails because two of her patients....one died...by a driver who was texting and ran that patient over while this patient biked on the road. I live in a beautiful area but I don't want to be confined to trails. I bike all the time when I am in SC with my friends and sister. The sidewalks in my sister's neighborhood there are red-brick and very wide and you absolutely can ride your bike on them. That's my idea of biking...hahah!
                            [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-your mom is really pretty! I see that's where you get your beauty. Lucky girl!
                            [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I worry about you when you don't post, too. I know life gets way too "lifey" for you at times with that toxic workplace and caring for your mom and hubs. I don't know how you do it all and do it well, too.

Regarding the future of MWO, I think there is way more management of it now then there was several years ago. Maybe we should ask [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] if he/she has any idea on how we can attract new members? I also think that most rehabs push the 12-step method and do not at all encourage online forums, which is a shame. Also, a lot of people find F2F interaction so important to their sobriety. Just a few random thoughts of mine. ;-)

I have some good news in the tooth implant department. I saw my BIL's periodontist and he can do the implant for $3K less than the oral surgeon. I am so relieved. I will have my implant done next month.

Off to do some computer work. I hope we are all having a lovely AF Hump Day!

Comment

Oops, NoraC, to answer your question about my mom....she is so, so busy with life at the assisted-living facility, and the only negative is she has a torn rotator cuff...where she got that, nobody knows. Her shoulder really starts to hurt towards evening. Other than that, she is wonderful and thank you for asking!:heartbeat:

Comment

Hi all,
                                Nothing happening here. Went through all my books today and got rid of a few. Rode bike a bit in yard again. Rash gone from neck, but now on arms:eek-new:. I may have to get referred to a dermatologist, but I don't have any insurance, I know its gonna be high. Trying not to eat anything weird, sugar or other bad stuff, but still rash..Nora, sorry you forgot what you were gonna talk about. That happens to me too....Liz, that is wonderful about Mark! Glad Erin is ok, that is very frightening...Pauly, hope you had a good day...Rusty, that is good news about the implant! I like to ride my bike in parks, but it has been awhile. No sidewalks here, they will run over you. Too bad about your moms rotator cuff. Wonder how it happened...as for dd2s article, is not available online yet, but you can see a little of it on that pic I posted, the one on the right...later

Comment

Working...
                                X