One Step at a Time - April 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - April 2019

Hi everyone and happy hump day! Rusty, I can't even imagine how much an implant costs if this one is 3k off! Scary stuff. My mom is having all kinds of trouble with her teeth. My sister has a cracked tooth now too. I guess we are just at that age? I have always been fortunate with my teeth, but things are starting to break down. CJ is 29 and has never had a cavity! Nice you're doing brunch for Easter! That's my idea of a perfect way to celebrate.
    BIrd, sometimes these rash things just need to work themselves out. It's hard to get a definitive diagnosis. Hope it just heals and that's that. Pauly, hope you get less groggy as the day goes along.
    Nora, I often forget what I am going to say. There's a lot going on up there in our heads. Will you see Savannah for Easter?
    So is anyone else watching jeopardy? This guy has been on for about a week now and he is breaking all kind of records. He is a professional gambler and plays the game well, but boy he's getting on my nerves now. Erin had to get a rental car because now the door on her car doesn't close properly. What a headache. I'm thinking the kid needs to drive a tank or something!

Comment

I'll tell you what, Casey has had so many accidents that it's not even funny. Once he & my niece were in his car waiting at a signal to pull onto the freeway. Somebody ran into him.....not bad, but hit him. My niece looks at him in shock and he just shrugged. Always something happening. He has said that when he is rich, he'll have a chauffeur. LOL
      I messaged with a friend last night. They are having to take $18,000 out of their retirement money to pay for all her dental work. Scary. Very glad that you checked that with that other periodontist.

I think that Rusty hit the nail on the head with life being 'lifey' comment. That is the way it is right now. Life is "lifey". Nothing big but lots and lots of little things. So many others have real issues and all my stuff isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

On a brighter note, we are planning Savannah's 1st birthday party. Can you believe it. She will be 9 months on Monday.

Bird - good job on getting rid of some books. That is hard to do. Ha ha Do you think it could be a plant that you are touching that could be causing the rash? It is so strange that it moves from place to place.

Pauly - did you ever wake up? I'll bet you did if you had Romeo today.

Liz - I haven't been watching Jeapardy. Is the guy being a jerk?
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I hope you can figure out what is causing the rash! Gosh, that must be annoying! Is it painful?

[MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I hope all is well with you, love!

Just wanted to jump back on here and let you all know that I am working in Chicago tomorrow and I have a very long commute in the morning so I probably won't post til tomorrow night.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I understand how life can seem lifey and I agree...I feel just really blah sometimes for NO reason!

I do have one piece of new good news...my new consulting client whom I met with yesterday is going to give me much more work and I am delighted because I beat my competition for this guy's business. My competition is a very cocky guy and I have to work with him from time to time....but the next time I see him, I think I will tell him the wonderful news. MEOW! HAHAHAAH!

Night might everyone, I am off to bed!

Comment

How was everyone's Thursday? I don't even know where this day went. Went to moms this afternoon with Logan and Erin picked him up there. We ended up staying a couple of hours and I'm sure my mom will sleep well tonight. She got such a kick out of how much more he is talking now!
          rusty, congrats on getting that new client and more work. That must be so gratifying. You do work so hard.
          Nora, how fun planning savannahs first birthday! That did go fast. Logan is 22 months today.
          bird and Pauly, waves and hope you're doing ok.
          No work or baby tomorrow. Think I'll get cj''s care package out in the mail. I wish the weather forecast was better, but it looks like rain for the next few days. I wanted to go to a flea market, but it's not looking good.

Comment

Hi all - where is everyone today?

Liz - so glad that your Mom enjoyed Logan so much. I'll bet he did wear her out. LOL My kiddos called me up & invited me out to lunch today and brought me flowers. I only have a half hour lunch so I stretched it into 45 minutes. That was fun. Savannah is just growing like a weed.

It's been a really long day so I'll see you all tomorrow.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
              Went hiking yest out towards Columbus, there is a good state park there, wore myself out. Nice trail with some small waterfalls. Rash is a lot better, eating really clean, sure would like some cheese though, but cutting the dairy for now. Taking dd1 shopping for a dress at lunch, no school today. Storms moving in but should be clearing out by then. ....Nora, that is so nice the kids brought you flowers! Fun you are planning the party already.......Liz, glad you are off today, hope you find something fun to do. Saw the pic with your mom, looked happy......Rusty, that is good news you got more work from the client. Safe travels....waves to Paulie and Glassie

Comment

Morning friends,Nora and Liz glad you both got time with your babies and loved ones yesterday Bird, sounds like a nice hike,have fun dress shopping,I hate shopping with Kell cuz she stops and looks at everything! The other two aren't so bad so we're in,and out but that girl sheesh,Rusty,great on the extra work nothing much going on here,boys are both feeling yucky,just a cold but still hard to see them so miserable, supposed to hit 90 today so maybe that'll kill some of these allergans and cold bugs,wishes for a Fab AF Friday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bird, your hike sounds lovely. I happen to love shopping, Pauly and Bird. CJ is more of an in and out type, but Erin enjoys the hunt and we have fun together. Don't get the chance so much now with Logan.
                  Nora, how nice you had lunch and flowers with the kids! Anything to brighten your work day.
                  Day started out kinda quiet. Nothing really on the agenda, so I cleaned a bit, took cjs package to the post office and then shopped just a bit. Actually more like a lap or two around the mall. Pulled in my driveway and the mailman was just walking up. I took the mail from him and chatted briefly. Hubby and I sat down in the kitchen and talked just a bit when the doorbell rang. Figured the mailman had another pkg for us. I open the door and Mark was standing there:egad: I was so surprised, I couldn't even process him being here. Hubby was equally shocked. OMG! What a wonderful surprise. He's just here a few days, but he pulled it off. I have been on cloud nine ever since. I called Erin to tell her I had a surprise for her could she come over. LOgan was beside himself. Marks gf took a video of how he ran over And hugged Mark.
                  I haven't been this excited and happy since I don't know when. Truly the best surprise ever. He had some time off work and had free miles, so here he his!:yay:
                  Last edited by Lizann; April 19, 2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Oh Liz that's a wonderful surprise! Enjoy your time with your family! Waves to all and have a happy AF Saturday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm smiling from ear to ear for you Liz!!!!!

Hiya Pauly - how are the boys feeling? We're all overcast here again. Such strange weather.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                        Liz, that is very exciting!!! So happy for you and it made me smile too!......Nora, it is overcast here too...chilly and I even had to turn the heater on for a few..........Paulie, hope the boys are feeling better. I don't like 90, but it is better than 100......been sorting the shop today. I want to get rid of a lot of stuff in there, I have way too many tools. Having a problem with a stray cat, so gonna keep my cats in tonight and set the live trap. Hope I get it and not the fox that I saw this morning in the driveway. Sometimes I see a possum too, but I just want the cat. It shit on my porch and fights with my cats.....waves to Rusty and Glassie

Comment

BIrd, I hope you get that pesky cat. Hubby catches animals too, chipmunks raccoon and the occassional skunk. They eat is garden! Oh and those darn ground hogs!
                          Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday! I took Mark shopping for snacks to take back home with him. We ended up going to a local animal shelter and saw some dogs. They didn't really have much and those they did have had anxiety issues and weren't recommended to be in a home with young children. Not that we were going to bring one home, just checking out our options. Mark went to the city tonight with friends. I was able to bake for tomorrow and get my chicken dish prepared. I will also bring the veggies.
                          Waves, to you Rusty, Nora and Pauly.

Comment

One sentence out of a an e-mail from Belle really resonates with me so I thought I would share........

i've tried drinking, i know what happens.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - good luck getting the cat. I hate those cat fights.

Liz - I was telling hubby today about Mark coming home. I'm still so happy for you.

Rusty - I hope that you are enjoying your weekend with family.

Pauly - what are you going to do tomorrow? Hiding eggs for the boys? I didn't even get Savannah a basket or anything!!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Aww, Nora, thanks! It's such a wonderful surprise. I called my mom and told her today! She couldn't believe it either. She asked Mark if I passed out, lol? Savannah is still so young. She won't know if you get her a basket or not. If her parents are anything like Erin, less is better for now. Once they figure it out, well that's another story.
                                Goodnight guys, have a great AF night.

Comment

Working...
                                X