May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Bloody hell that is scary. I really feel for him. Do they know why it happened now? Could it really be a mobility scooter??? What can they do to ensure this doesnt happen again?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
      Bloody hell that is scary. I really feel for him. Do they know why it happened now? Could it really be a mobility scooter??? What can they do to ensure this doesnt happen again?
      They just shove it back in again. Lol.
      It was just a freak accident. It's unlikely to happen again. They were the prognosis if it wasn't done. He'll be getting the other done in a few years.
      And he's not bothered one jot.
      Before he had it done he went to a support group with people that had been through it. Out of the 6 new hippsters not one of them regretted it.
      I'm in my kindle so apologies for spelling mistakes.
      It's something you'll never regret.
      Last edited by JackieClaire; May 5, 2019, 08:57 AM.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good to know its a once off [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] and glad to hear he's not worried at all, which I hope you are too :happy2:

Good point Starty on the definition of a drug. And Satz, you know better than most unfortunately.
        The other thing that scares me about drugs now, is the potency apparently has gone through the roof. So even if they dabble and smoke a joint, the risk of a psychotic episode or developing depression is way higher than what it was 20 years ago. I did plenty of 'dabbling' as a young adult and I know how easy it is to get caught up in the party. Then I feel like a hypocrite when Im laying the conversational seeds about the risks of drugs etc etc.. (My son thinks hes an expert on the subject and I'm clueless.. if only he knew - although I probably am clueless and things have changed so much).

I'll be doing the pickup too Rustop. I know what to look out for!

Having a quite hour. Gaggle of buddies on the way over shortly, which will feel like fifty 13 year olds. Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god.... x 1000

Later....
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          They just shove it back in again. Lol.
          It was just a freak accident. It's unlikely to happen again. They were the prognosis if it wasn't done. He'll be getting the other done in a few years.
          And he's not bothered one jot.
          Before he had it done he went to a support group with people that had been through it. Out of the 6 new hippsters not one of them regretted it.
          I'm in my kindle so apologies for spelling mistakes.
          It's something you'll never regret.

Ohhhhhhh I was thinking that is what would happen now that his hip had popped out!!! I have been watching hip replacements on you tube. think I could probably do my own now :haha:
          The aftercare seems a bit intense. Apparently no bending, crossing legs, sitting with knees any higher than 90 degrees to the hip for 6 weeks.

Mary I too was a dabbler and took it way too far and for too long, I dread to think how I would react or overreact as a parent. You have the hardest job in the world

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
            Ohhhhhhh I was thinking that is what would happen now that his hip had popped out!!! I have been watching hip replacements on you tube. think I could probably do my own now :haha:
            The aftercare seems a bit intense. Apparently no bending, crossing legs, sitting with knees any higher than 90 degrees to the hip for 6 weeks.

Mary I too was a dabbler and took it way too far and for too long, I dread to think how I would react or overreact as a parent. You have the hardest job in the world
            And no stilletto heels for 12 weeks.....he was heartbroken
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning guys,

Sorry Mr JC could not wear his stilleto's for a while. That must have been tough

Yesterday I went for a lovely 7.5 mile hike with my friend and dogger, then did housework and gardening. This is not a huge deal except for the fact that I had the energy to do it all. Had I been drinking or using, no way would all that have happened. Grateful.com

In work today not until 10 though, so off for a shortish hike in the country park this morning before the madness of the office

Have a good one all

Comment

Morning,
                Grumpy beggar here as Mr JC snored all night and I ended up in the spare bed and I could still hear him......in fact.....I could have been on the moon and still heard him. I'm surprised there wasn't an earthquake warning........he may die if it happens again tonight. Hopefully I get a woman judge.
                I'm as grumpy as f**k.
                This week involves a mammogram............such fun.
                But this time next week we'll be off to Scotland for 4 days. Nice apartment just over the border with plenty of restaurants nearby.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Loves.
                  Just popping in and wishing everyone the best - esp Mr JC.
                  There's a few ugly things going on in Chez Jones at the moment. Very stressful indeed and will be going on for the next few weeks.
                  If it's OK with you lot I will just pop in when I can and do my best. That's all we can ever expect of ourselves, I suppose.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

:hug::hug: Bridget, thanks for letting us know, we worry about people when they disappear. Hope you get it sorted. Bank holiday here so no work. Had a really lazy morning, read a book and ate. That was about it. Think I’ll spend the afternoon in the garden. Nana nap recommended JC, waves to everyone else.

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........come here a minute........:huggers:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        Hello Loves.
                        There's a few ugly things going on in Chez Jones at the moment. Very stressful indeed and will be going on for the next few weeks.
                        If it's OK with you lot I will just pop in when I can and do my best. That's all we can ever expect of ourselves, I suppose.
                        Jonesy. I'm around if i can be of any use. Don't be shy yapping about your worries.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                          Hello Loves.
                          We are always here Bridge, jump on anytime for a virtual scream. You mind yourself :hug:

I am no gardener, but it is so satisfying when I do make an effort. Mr M loves the company, his idea of a hot date :makeup: , although I could weed for hours. I just keep forgetting to water the plants every day.. thats me done until the June bank holiday!
                          Last edited by IamMary; May 6, 2019, 05:14 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
                            Slept in the spare bed again by prior arrangement not because I wanted to kill Mr. JC. He got a good night sleep and so did I. Its not permanent but a good few solid hours sleep has left both of us not wanting to strangle each other.
                            S&H and his fiance arrived safely in Florida about 10pm our time. Got a whatsapp about midnight to say it was still 30C......you can go off some people.
                            Off to get a sunbed today.......... I don't do it often but need some Vit D and then get my hair cut.
                            Mr JC driving himself to work today. The little glitch with the hip left him very sore so was getting lifts for 3 days.

Was having a read of the Newbies Nest and saw this definition of a SLIP, sobriety loses its priority.......rather good...take a bow [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION]

And another beaut from our Satzuma on the Shouty thread.
                            Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            2142 days of freedom.
                            Although alcohol doesn't cause all the stresses in our lives - cutting it out sure does make things easier to handle.
                            I've come to realise alcohol compounded any strife I had going on through the years.
                            Its been a treat watching you grow, Satz.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              @byebyebridgetjones.........come here a minute........:huggers:
                              Please don't make me cry, mother JC.
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                                Jonesy. I'm around if i can be of any use. Don't be shy yapping about your worries.
                                Thank you, betrothed. It's just really full on shit at the mo. We knew it was coming some time ago but here it is upon us.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X