Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    Thank you, betrothed. It's just really full on shit at the mo. We knew it was coming some time ago but here it is upon us.
    Bridge take care :hug:

Come & talk when you feel able - it's only us

& remember ............

BAby Cape.jpg

Comment

Evening everyone. Love �� that Satz, thanks for sharing. Short working week for me. It’s absolutely freezing here and I don’t think tomorrow is promised very good. On the plus side no weed pulling. Take care of yourself Bridget. We are all in your corner.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        Please don't make me cry, mother JC.
        I have many handkerchiefs, got a spare bed here (we're dog-friendly) but if you want to be alone the shed's still empty.
        Lovely picture, our Satz.
        Nighty night lovelies.:hug::hug:
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Was having a read of the Newbies Nest and saw this definition of a SLIP, sobriety loses its priority.......rather good...take a bow [MENTION=24351]New Sunrise[/MENTION]
          I like that!
          Also thought was Satz said on the Shouty thread was worth a chat here, 'alcohol compounded any strife I had going on through the years'. I always blamed Mr M for years when we would have a humdinger of an row, really thought he was the asshole, picking arguments, not agreeing with me (the horror!).. When I stopped drinking, he cut right back naturally and the bickering and nasty drunken fights dissolved. Funny that.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all,

Bridgey, I am so sorry you are having a shit time just now. I hope it passes shortly for you :hug:

I can agree with satz re when my drinking stops Mr S doesnt drink nearly so much. Everything is much more relaxed and peaceful. I have been listening to Annie Grace (This Naked Mind) on You tube. {She makes a lot of sense and I like her style.

Off to the smoke today (London) to take Mr S for his cataract operation. Poor man is very nervous. I just cannot wait for it to be done so he can see properly again

Comment

Good morning everyone. Best of luck to Mr S. I like Annie Grace too, heard her interviewed on radio here and looked her up, makes a lot of sense. Awake since silly o’clock and had walk planned but it is bucketing it down so we have postponed. Oh well, longer to read etc, can always manage to keep myself occupied. You are right about the drunken arguments Mary, life is a lot better.

Comment

Morning,
                Wish there was a dress code for mammograbs.....so I've layered. I think chocolate eclairs are the treat of the day.

We still have good auld rows but at least I know I'm definitely right now I'm sober
                Seriously there's a calm in this house...........Mr JC doesn't dread coming home anymore. Bless him he never knew the state I'd be in when he got home from work........could have been hyper, argumentative or passed out. No way to live.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...big hugs to Mr S but a necessary evil. He'll not know himself in a few days.

Right better get the Huskies strapped to the sled..........its Baltic out there.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.
                  Great craic here -
                  Yesterday I was on the verge of taking Rosie to the vet. Lolling around & just not herself. Not eating & falling asleep all the time.
                  She had also been very restless during the night...
                  As she wasn't being sick or anything I used my 'Mammy' instinct & let her sleep & sleep & sleep giving her droppers of water every now & then.
                  About 2pm she jumped up and started playing. Ate a big dinner & went for her usual walk - not a bother. It was sheer exhaustion.

Last night I realised the cause of the 'restlessness' and dopiness next day - MrS snoring. I had ear plugs in. She was jumping on him to try stop the snoring & not sleeping at all. He's now been relegated to the spare room - 'cos neither of us can stand it :haha:

Comment

Evening, thats gas about Rosie, not so far removed from us at all..
                    Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], youll both be new people, new hips, new eyes!
                    Got my hair done this evening, the hairdresser was laughing at my Pinterest collection, no 2 styles were the same :happy2:.. I think its their young flawless skin that I'm really after!

Hope you enjoyed your eclair(s) JC. I must check out this Annie Grace lady.

Hang in there Bridge :hug:
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........I :love: Rosie more every day.
                      Finally, Mr. JC, before he gets confined to the shed because of his snoring or I actually commit manslaughter....he's just gone and bought some snoring relief from the chemists. I shall keep you updated........obviously if you see him alive in the morning........they've worked. :happy2:
                      Luckily when we're in Scotland next week our apartment has two bedrooms..........one in Glasgow and the other in Edinburgh.

Mammograb went just fine. Honestly every single time I get my knickers in a twist about it all and its really not a bother. Just remind me of that in three years time, will yous?

Night lovelies.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].......I knew we'd cross-post.
                        I love my hairdresser. I used to have one come to the house but going to the salon is a bit of a treat and in between the big hair doing you can get a wee trim free.
                        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] be a love and let us know how it went for Mr. S.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Glad the mammogram went well JC. I had dentist, no fillings but the dreaded clean, ugh hate it. Satz, can I throw another two into your spare room, our rescue who is tiny snores like a human and when himself is here and they are both at it, enough said! They are lucky I am such a heavy sleeper. If I am tired and have fallen asleep I just sleep through it but if I wake up for any reason, that’s another story. Busy day ahead so better get a move on.

Comment

Morning,
                            Just had to dig a hat and gloves out. :egad:
                            Would you believe it but these anti-snoring strips worked. Trouble is spent a lot of the night awake worried he'd died. Poor beggar can't win either way.
                            When I was much younger we had a bulldog that snored all the time. Dog snoring doesn't bother me at all.........it has some kind of rhythm.
                            Off to get my nails done.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........obviously if you see him alive in the morning........they've worked. :happy2:
                              Luckily when we're in Scotland next week our apartment has two bedrooms..........one in Glasgow and the other in Edinburgh.

:hahaha:
                              Last edited by satz123; May 9, 2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

funny story about snoring satz I love doggo snoring, anything else creates a rage that comes from my core :haha:

Yet another appt today for me at the opticians. All we seem to do these days is go to appointments and I am quite tired of it tbh. Mr S is doing great though, he cannot believe how much he can see now and poor his eyesight was before the op. He says everything is now in bold and vibrant

Weather has been appalling but seems to be a break so off for a hobble with the doggers

Comment

Working...
                                X