Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

for your mom [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION]
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Oh no Rusty! Sending prayers and hugs!

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], praying for your mom and you too! keep us posted? I am glad that you were there for her! GReat post and not just valuable for lurkers but me as well! Seems like all of a sudden we are all dealing with a lot and I definitely needed to hear we can do this sober.
        So I am assuming [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], they sent your mom home on Sunday and now she is going back? [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION] is your daughter just anxious about the whole done with school look out world here I come situation? That can be daunting. Not much you can say, just be there for her and of course a few hugs from momma might help too. [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]uwogg, been there done that with the IRS bill. It's just another bill, albeit annoying.
        Nora, hope you're getting through this week ok.
        Waves to anyone who might be around that I missed.
        Last edited by Lizann; May 6, 2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
          Heading up to Helen with the kids in a bit. The little guy next door will feed the cats. And darn I think I have a UTI so might stop at the minute clinic on the way out....Rusty, keep us updated....not sur what is with dd1 and her food problem, it seems to happen alot....Paulie, sorry about the bill, seems we use so much money on bills...Liz, seems like everything happens at once, busy busy or nothing happening haha....taking my laptop so will keep in touch...hugs to all...

Comment

Have a safe trip Bird Rusty,any news? Hope everything is ok,Nora that pic of little Savannah is just adorable on FB,that smile Liz hope you have a nice day,hope we all do,much love and wishes for a happy AF Tuesday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and much love to all of you! Thank you!

Must run now and more later!

Comment

Hi Friends,

My sister said my mom is doing better and she actually ate some soup tonight. We don't know when she will be discharged but thank you again for all the prayers, PMs, IMs, emails, and kind posts.:heartbeat:
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], thank you for the lovely picture/image. I greatly appreciated it and left it open on my phone last night so I could see it first thing when I woke up this morning.
                [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]- thank you for your kind words regarding my sister...I was mistaken...it was 10.5 years ago. My sister told me to prove my sister-in-law wrong...that I did not need to go to AA or rehab....that I would find a way that worked for me, rather than having it shoved down my throat by my know-it-all SIL. My sister knows I have MWO ( not by name) and that works for me. She and my mom are the only ones in my family who know about MWO. I would never trust my nosy SIL with such private information.
                [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION]-how kind of you to pop in....your words were so comforting. I read your posts in the Newbies Neat quite often. ������ You always have such wise words for Newbies and longtime sober people as well.
                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-when do you leave for England to visit Mark? Such a cute picture on FB. Logan is getting SO big! ❤️
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]..Pauly-sorry to hear about the IRS bill. I have gotten them before. Hubs looks really good since giving up the beer. Did he finish tiling the bathroom?
                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-how are you feeling?
                [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Glassie, I miss you.

I am exhausted and must do some work before bed. I work in Chicago again tomorrow before flying out to KS tomorrow afternoon...quick one day trip.

I hope everyone had a peaceful AF Tuesday/Wednesday!

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], glad your mom is doing better and ate a little. I don't know how you concentrate on work with all this going on. It's hard. Your mom is lucky to have you guys close by to help out. I don't share what group I'm on either with my family. But they know I'm involved online. They can see the positive results. I think my family is relieved to see me working on my sobriety, whether it be online or f2f meetings. We leave for London on May 24. Can't wait to see my boy, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] how cute Romeo is with the broccoli. The only way Logan will eat broccoli is if it's sautéed with olive oil and garlic! He's just not interested in eating. It's become a challenge with him. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], have fun! Best to get that UTI checked out. Nip it in the bud. Hope dd1 is ok, too. I'm sure you guys are all looking forward to getting away and relaxing a bit. It's been hectic.
                  Nora, hope your day went ok. How are you holding up?
                  Had Logan outside most of the day today. We had so much fun planting flowers and just running around. I'm pretty tired and allergies are acting up. Time for some Benadryl.
                  Hope everyone enjoyed a great AF day.
                  Last edited by Lizann; May 7, 2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Rusty - thanks for the update. You have been in my thoughts.

Things are ok. We'll all be glad when Friday is over and she can begin to heal.
                    Long day today - I"m sorry that I'm not responding to everyone. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty – I really hope your Mom is ok - she is very lucky to have you with her. I thought your post about being reliable was incredibly inspiring. Both my parents (in their 80’s) have had to have eye surgery recently and, although they are ferociously independent, on these occasions they’ve had to rely on me to transport them to and from the hospital. You are so right that nothing feels as good as being the responsible person who is able to be there when needed.

In other news, I had to have an hour long MRI today, which isn't great for someone who's claustrophobic. I'm now scared to go to bed 'cause I'm pretty sure my dreams won't be pretty!
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. He was lucky to have you as a friend. :happy2:

Comment

Hi all,
                          We are having a goooood time. Did a short hike yest and saw a snail and some salamanders. Went to dinner and sat around, played yahtzee. Going out on a longer hike this morn with dd2 and dd1s bf. Also my friend called who was coming for graduation and cancelled as her mother is doing poorly. I am not very disappointed as you know I was very stressed about the visit and the drinking. Also got a call that my friends estate is closing (who died last spring) so I am going down there Friday or one day next week and finish that up...Rusty, glad your mom is doing better, I am sure that was frightening....Liz, I used to love planting stuff with my kids, good memories, ....Glassie I got an mri once. Thought I would go nuts. Hope it shows something to help...Paulie, loved the broccoli vid.... Hope you are feeling ok about Friday........dd2 got all riled up about a business owner in our previous town, he had posted some horribly racial stuff on his fb page and a lot of people got very angry....dd2 gave him a crappy google review and then some people were hating on her....it was all a big drama, but she really got a bug in her bonnet about it all and wrote a very long fb post about racism, growing up in the south and a lot of other stuff...very good for being only 20 I thought...I would have just let that stuff slide over the top of my head though these days...I guess it would have bothered me alot at her age though..dealing with hateful people by hating them back doesn't seem to work though...anyway..later

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty,great to hear your mom is doing better Nora,yep it will be a relief when Friday is over for you and little Savannah will be on the road to healing Liz,Lou and Rome are both picky eaters too! Lou's lunch is left in his backpack after school most of the time and that bugs me and Kell,my family knows I'm on an "antialcohol" site,that's what I call it haha but they don't know the name(I hope) I'd be too embarrassed to have them read my posts,I've been too open here throughout the years about certain things,Bird,racism is alive and well these days! I was naive enough to think we were past all this but nope for some reason it's gotten worse and people are more outspoken about their hate,had an incident at work yesterday between two customers,ugh, anyways much love to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Wednesday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Wednesday

On my way to work so more later
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] crap, never occurred to me that my family might be watching these sites and checking on my posts! I've said things I don't want them to read either! [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], was your family accepting of an online site to help you? My family seemed to think it wasn't enough. I can honestly say nothing else I have tried was/is as valuable as this site. IF there's anyone lurking out there, this works! [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], My son would come home with his lunch still in his lunch box too. I used to tell him the custodian Mr. P would tell me if he didn't eat and gave his food away. LOL, yeah, he'll probably need therapy after that white lie! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], you're have an incredibly stressful time right now. PLease don't worry about addressing my posts. You just do what you have to to get through this (well almost). Just know that I continue to lift your family up in prayer. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I am so glad you're having a good time. Those hikes sound enviable! Yahtzee with the family is always fun. Just as well your friend cancelled. One less thing to worry about. [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] hope the MRI ends up with some good news. Are you feeling better at all? [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], how is your mom feeling? hopefully she will be able to celebrate Mother's Day with you.
                                Nothing much new here. Past two days weather has been great, making for a busy allergy season at work! Eh, it pays the bills. Hope you guys are all doing ok

Comment

Working...
                                X