One Step at a Time - May 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

Thank you everyone for all of your support!!

Surgery lasted about 5 hours. Of course, when the surgeon came out to talk to them, we were in the cafeteria. So, they have not talked to the actual surgeon yet but according to reports, everything went well. She is still in ICU but will be moved to a regular room tomorrow and hopefully home on Monday.
    J said that she saw the incision and it doesn't look that bad. You can already tell the difference in her facial shape. In the past 2-3 weeks, you were really able to tell it was getting worse. But, the scariest part was that you knew her brain was so crowded.
    They saved her hair for them since it was her first haircut.
    She is in pain but she hasn't had to have morphine since early morning. She just wants Mommy to hold her which isn't easy with all the tubes & wires.
    C is working tonight so I took him home to try to sleep for an hour before he went to work. J's parents went to help her at the hospital.
    Both Mommy & Daddy are exhausted and just look at the end of their energy. I'm worried about him driving all the way back into Los Angeles after work. It's over a hour drive and not a good thing when you are exhausted.

I apologize for not keeping you up to date better. I managed to get a migraine in the midst of everything so when I got home last night, one of my first words to Scott were....Excedrin Migraine. Ha, ha.

Thank you for all the prayers and positive energy. :heartbeat:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]
      Been thinking about you and yours over the last few days.:hug:
      I don't know if you're aware but my Jenny had a hole in the heart repaired when she was 5 years old........only the parents were allowed in ICU. The staff in there were beyond fantastic and very comforting to us.
      I know it was very hard on her grandparents......so take good care of you. :hug: Lean on your friends here.
      I'd bet my house that they're just the same where you are. Very special people do that work.
      Jenny's 33 this year and never looked back.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nora, so glad to hear it went well!

Comment

Oh [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I am so relieved it's over! I can't even imagine how exhausted you must all be! I hope the recovery now will be quick and easy. What a way for your DIL to spend her first Mother's Day! It's wonderful how comforting mommy can be to these little ones! I hope your son makes it home ok after work! I realize how exhausting this must be for you as well, but I really appreciate the updates.
          Hope everyone else is doing ok. I found my I-Pod and it still works. I had it on for most of the afternoon and boy did I manage to get a lot done. Music just got me motivated. I should use it more often!

Comment

Morning friends and Happy Mother's day Nora,such a relief to hear it all went so smooth and little Savannah is doing well! Liz,cute you found your old iPod and it motivated you to get alot done,maybe I need an iPod haha,so irritated with Michelle cuz she went on a drunken text rampage to the mother of one of Jon's kids and said horrible things to her! I hope it doesn't ruin the tiny bit of relationship my mom has with her,grrr,no use causing drama and Michelle needs to mind her own business,I tried talking to her last nite but she was standing her ground on what she said and honestly I don't think an apology to the girl would help,Bird, sounds like you have a fun weekend going on,loved the pics of the hike Rusty,hope all is good, wishes for a happy and healthy AF Sunday for us all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
              Happy Mothers day! Rained all day here, had party yest and didn't want to do anything today. Graduation tomorrow and dd2 to Atl. Then a bit of nothing for a bit...Nora, glad Savannah got to come home!...Liz, I found my old ipod too, have it charging up...Paulie thats too bad about the drunk texting but what can you do?....

Comment

Happy to be home :heartbeat:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Awwww....sweet little Savannah!:heartbeat: So glad she is faring well after her surgery, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION].

Happy Mother's Day to all of you...I saw my mom yesterday...she has adapted well to the OT and PT rehab unit. It is a beautiful facility. Today, I slept on and off and did business work. My sister, brother, and nephew all saw my mom so she wasn't alone for a minute. I will see her every day this week as I will be about an hour away. I hope you all have had a lovely Mother's Day.

Big hellos to all of you...I am in the midst of a client's paperwork hell so I will try and post tomorrow.

Have a great night and Happy Monday to you, dear [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], that sweet little girl:heartbeat: she looks quite comfortable. I am so happy for you guys that she is home. That is the best Mother's Day gift ever! [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], sorry about the paperwork hell. I'm relieved that your mom is doing well. You've been so busy, I hope you're taking Time for yourself. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], it rained here today too. Glad you had a quiet day after yesterday. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], sorry about Michelle, but honestly, you can't own that. She did it. I know you just want peace, but like bird said, not much you can do.
                    @glassie, do you celebrate Mother's Day in Australia? Mark said mother days in the UK was a few weeks ago.
                    I had a wonderful day today. I really have no expectations from my kids. I don't want them to feel like they have to do for me today. Mark and CJ texted me first thing this morning and I was so thrilled, they remembered. We had a breakfast at church and then went to Dan and Erin's for lunch. My mom came and dans parents and brother were there too. Honestly a relaxing time just eating and chatting (My mom made the Lasagna!). Skyped with Mark but got home too late for CJ. They're having a cookout at the beach tonight with friends. We will chat tomorrow.
                    Hope everyone had a good day today and hoping everyone has a fabulous AF week!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I want pajamas like Savannah's!! :-)
                      [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-to answer your earlier questions and thank you for caring:hug: Really, my job keeps my mind occupied so I am not consumed with my mom's situation all day long. It is a respite, believe me. :-) Regarding my family's acceptance of only an online forum to address my AL, I never told them the name of my forum or my plans to do online support instead of face to face (in their minds, AA was the most effective...SIGH). What I DID do was show up, on time, for every family event, sober. Every time I talked to my sister, mother, etc. on the phone, I was sober...and then they figured out that my plan to deal with AL was my business and it was working.
                      [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-you are SO active! I see your pictures and read your posts and already I am out of breath. Haha! OK, what's your secret?
                      [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]-cute pic of you and hubs and little Rome with his broccoli. :-)

HELLOOOOOOOO to [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] and anyone I missed...I am going to bed. Sleep dreams, everyone, and hope you are having a wonderful day already, sweet [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION].

Comment

OMG, Nora! I had no idea you were going through all of that. Rusty's tag brought me here today (thanks, and hi!).

Nora, I don't know what the surgery was, but what a sweet picture. I'm so glad everything went well.

xoxo

Comment

Hi all
                          Nora, what a sweet pic, and you were right it doesn't look too bad. Hope the healing is speedy..heading out for graduation!...later

Comment

Morning friends,Nora she looks so sweet I'm so glad she's already home,Bird,have fun at graduation yay! Rusty,good you'll be able to see your mom while your close, sounds like a paperwork nightmare,Liz,glad you had a nice mother's day,yup, nothing I can do about Michelle and her texts,I tried to be closer with my brothers and their families after what happened and it really hasn't worked out how I planned so I'll just love them from over here,I'm not gonna kiss ass forever to get a closer relationship with them but I feel like they just think Michelle is"just like their mom" unable to separate my past drinking with the now,oh well,wishes for a fabulous AF Monday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                              Long day, graduation was so long and emotional. Glad she made it, now to get through grad school ugh. It was lunch by the time it was over, asked did she want to go to lunch, no, she was going to lunch with boyfriend and other friend. Kinda hurt my feelings and wonder what dd2 thought. But oh well, she does stuff like that sometimes, and then sent a text she was sorry...probably not thinking, I see they have been over at the theatre, saying goodbye and stuff..heading up to Atlanta soon, get dd2 off on her flight tomorrow morning....Rusty, glad your mom is adjusting well....Liz, sounds like you had a good Mothers day.....Paulie, I'm done with trying to get close to my family as well....later and waves to all

Comment

Happy Monday

Bird - congratulations on dd1 graduating. Grad school? Wow. She probably wasn't thinking when she didn't go to lunch with you. dd2 leaves tomorrow for Greece?

Pauly - sorry about the whole texting incident. I'm glad you didn't get stuck in the middle of a battle. When does Kell & family have to move? Yep, you'll never be able to go to the bathroom alone.
                                I laughed at you thinking of stabbing when you woke up. I don't watch the true crime shows. I watch Law & Order and Law & Order SVU.

Liz - are you still dancing around with your ipod? That does help get more done doesn't it? I'm glad you had such a nice Mother's Day.

Rusty - I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is doing better. Nice that you will be working near her this week.

Glassie - how are you feeling? Any improvement?

I talked to C for a couple minutes while he was on his way to work. He said that she is just back to her normal self now that she is home. Her right eye is still swollen shut but some of the swelling has gone down. It had been so swollen that you couldn't even see her eyelashes. She goes to get fitted for her helmet in 2 weeks. I think she'll have to wear that 24/7 for several months.
                                The Hospice Dr came out today to check on Mom. Mom is being re-certified for hospice. The Dr told us not to worry about it that she thinks Mom will be able to continue on it. That would be a huge relief.

Hope everyone has a Happy Tuesday.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X