Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Evening all.

Ha Bridget, love it. Think there should be a lot of key swallowing. Beautiful day here again, pain being inside all day but got out in the garden when I got home for a while. Need to get some food now, back in a bit.

Comment

Oh bridgey do tell about your half wit boss.

Went back to see about eye today. Not yet fully healed so still cannot drive but needed to get back to the workhouse as it is my last week. Mr S gave me a lift and one of the blokes dropped me back. Everyone is being so kind and I even had a mail from my boss saying how pleased he was that I was back and how much I was missed!!!! I was only gone for 4 days :haha: Anyhoo optician wants to refer me to hospital as they are worried I might have another issue with my cornea so that is a bummer. Hoping it is just the abrasion but just as well to get it checked out. A lovely neighbour popped round tonight with chair risers and a contraption to help me get my leg into bed as apparently that is a thing when the hip is done :egad:

My bathroom also took an age but we also had tiling done I think. Couple of hairy arse builders who did not look viking like at all as I recall.

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], I want to hear about the half wit too please!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        ..should have said this the other day........Comóradh sásta..............look at me bilingual
        Go hiontach! I am impressed
        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], Is the eye sore? Glad you are being fussed over and proper order too, embrace it..

Missing all the nice weather in work too Rustop, but the long evenings are lovely. Summer cold now, v annoying..
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi Mary, no not sore any more just vision is not great. I really hope it resolves soon and I can wear my lenses again. Hope your cold gets better very soon!

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]............I'd forgotten all about hoisting your legs into bed. The physio taught Mr JC to use his dressing gown cord.
            You know, I'm not sure I could wear contacts to start with.......the optician just about chases me around the room to do that puff of air thing.
            [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........he just needed to take the bath out and put this shower in. And the new flooring and a bit of tiling. They were here at 7:30am and left about 4:30pm and apart from half an hour (if that) lunch break just never stopped.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........Táim ag déanamh iarracht.........with the help of google translate

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........another one key swallowing here. Going to run round like a loon today and tomorrow so I can kick back all weekend. DVDs to be watched will include.......West Side Story, Wuthering Heights (original), Minions, Blithe Spirit. Might squeeze in a Die Hard.
            Good news the decorator is back to us next Thursday............he's not Viking like unfortunately but I don't have to go next door to use their facilities.

Mr JC beyond excited about his wee trip to Spain........he's bought new sunscreen. :eek-new:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]........... I hated trying to put in contacts. Get a funky pair of glasses ? It's very trendy now to wear specs. ( and they hide my bags) [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........you have the whole weekend to put in words the escapades of the 'Morons in the Meeting Room'. We await.
              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........How very true about not going back there. What we have is 'priceless'.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] ........enjoy your kick back weekend. DVDs & Viking-free bathroom

Mr JC beyond excited about his wee trip to Spain........he's bought new sunscreen.
              :egad:When did this happen ? Wot's he going for ? Why aren't you going ?

ps
              Did I get a 6 year thread. SIX YEARS people :cuss:
              If I did - apologies - and where is it ?
              If I didn't - why didn't I :rant:

( no I have no shame)
              Last edited by satz123; July 4, 2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

WHERE IS THAT SCOTTISH FECKER : MR D'Arsey ? :rant:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........he's off to the S&H's stag weekend. Its been mentioned. I am not going to the hen do.........its in Portugal. Supposedly a health spa place.............. but more to the tune of sitting drinking with your feet in an inifinty pool getting burnt shoulders while drinking copious amounts of gin and prosecco. I can get the washing up bowl out, stick my feet in it and drink tap water and save £500. Win, win for me.

Muchos apologies for the lack of thread-dom. Tbh I thought it was July........I shall make sure you have the most random, surprising, out of the middle of nowhere celebration when you least expect it.

And yes, where the f*** is Arsey?????

Better get back to Mr JC and his packing. He's having problems getting the kitchen sink in.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night everyone. Been a crazy day, just getting to sit down now. Sorry we didn’t start a special thread Satz. Cowboy did pop over and JC baked a cake. It’s all at start of the thread, while you were away.

Off to watch Love Island with daughter. Drivel but I have gotten into it.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Did I get a 6 year thread. SIX YEARS people :cuss:
                      If I did - apologies - and where is it ?
                      If I didn't - why didn't I :rant:

( no I have no shame)
                      Ahem, 'I am much too tanned and chilled to be arsed reading back to June' person, please refer to COWBOYS post HERE and subsequent posts of lovelyness
                      JC's anniversary is waay to big to share (its a roundy!), but we can have a joint one as I am too shy for all the speeches on my own. Plus we add up to another roundy.

Im afraid to watch Love island, in case I get sucked in..

I wear contacts too, but find I cant read anymore with them in, so wearing my glasses more and more. Cant run with glasses though.

Good call on the hen night [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. The idea of one, sends me into a sweat.
                      Last edited by IamMary; July 4, 2019, 05:44 PM.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Finally got a free gaff. Tweedledum and Tweedledee left about 6:45am. Gave Mr JC a proper fright when I shot out of bed at 5 am shouting he's missed his flight. I was dreaming.
                        So lets party..........or rather let's just be very, very quiet and snooze on and off.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ok read back
                          Thanks so much for all the 6 year good wishes :heart:

I also came across some issues re. elderly parents ....
                          MrS did it to me years ago. I was left 'alone' - night after night as he visited his parents. ( there are 4 other siblings)
                          I built up a kinda life of my own over this time and and yes like Cowboy we were like room mates. The long time legacy of this is he has himself now to blame that we do totally different things in our spare time. I WILL not go to the play/cinema or whatever unless I want to....... [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] : good girl for putting your foot down. And well done to MrJC for choosing you and setting expectations with his parents :thumbsup:

I really have no time for the 'martyrs' of this world who give up their whole lives for others. Another life wasted in my opinion.
                          I see it in work too - in the Nursing Home : daughters & sons at the beck & call of their parents. Calling every day - wearing themselves out with what I assume is guilt.
                          Getting cancer treatment themselves caused by stress and lack of joy in their lives. Taking home bags & bags of washing even though the Nursing Home do it as part of the fee. 'We can't pour from an empty cup' - and that cup will be emptied eventually.

Never thought I'd quote from the bible but this always stuck with me over the years :
                          Matthew 19:5
                          Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] :hug: do what is right for you. You have one life - live it.

Having preached all that I note that these are all parents-in-law - would we think differently if it were our own parents.
                          In my case no - I have a job, home, husband,alcoholic son & doggie to care for and my Mam knows that and she gets equal time.

PLUS I have ME !!

The End
                          Last edited by satz123; July 5, 2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Evening everyone.

Good sermon Satz, amen to all of it. Work week over thank God. I only have to work full time once a year but it is bloody tiring. Admire you Mary, coping with it all. Any holidays planned? Enjoy your ME time JC. Last weekend with the old equipment Starty, you will be a new woman. Think I’ll throw something on the bbq.

Comment

The stags have arrived safely in Spain and as is the tradition the groom to has to don their favourite Disney character when they land (after customs) to get to the hotel.......wish I could share the real image but this is the S&H's costume.

Mr JC currently wearing his Father of the Groom T-shirt.

Going to reply to Satzuma in next post.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..can we have a weekly sermon

Mr JC's been a different man in the last fortnight. He's finally relaxed. :egad: It wasn't so much for time for me it was time for him. You know hard as it is to say but I had a a horrible feeling he would die before them with the stress. He went up last Saturday and him and his parents had the cup of tea and a biscuits....and just talked. At his age his parents were retired and gallavanting around the world.........they never stopped. They're very lucky to have all their marbles left and have accepted it all.
                                Of course when it comes to hospital appointments one of us will go with them.......we all know how scary it is.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......Mr JC is delighted you're going ahead. Think I've said before but he didn't realise how much pain he was living with until after the op.

Gotta take Bess out while its not so windy.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X