Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Hello all. All done and by all accounts went very well. I had a general in the end as that was what anaesthetist recommended. Surgeon came in first and said spinal is best 2 mins later anaesthetist came in and said “if i was having the op i would definitely have a general “ :haha: talk about a difference of opinion. I was not too keen on having an injection in my spine and poss nerve damage and trouble weeing. Although both rare. I woke up to the most excruciating pain saying noo im not ready for this ! Anyway after a couple of hours pain got under control with a morphine pump which i stll have. Surgeon said it all went very well and confirmed hip was knackered so that was reassuring. Haven’t made it to the toilet yet but am allowed to use commode. Bye bye dignity ��

Thank you for all the well wishes.

Funny how even after years we still want to test the waters.
    Jeez, you're back already. Well done, that's that over and done with. Back to it.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
      Whats the point of 2% beers anyway?
      Precisely. When did we ever want one or two drinks??? I want to get maggoted, thanks.
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
        T
        What kept me going was knowing that me not drinking drives BIL nuts .
        Yep - that what keeps me going too. :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
          Hello all. All done and by all accounts went very well. I had a general in the end as that was what anaesthetist recommended. Surgeon came in first and said spinal is best 2 mins later anaesthetist came in and said “if i was having the op i would definitely have a general “ :haha: talk about a difference of opinion. I was not too keen on having an injection in my spine and poss nerve damage and trouble weeing. Although both rare. I woke up to the most excruciating pain saying noo im not ready for this ! Anyway after a couple of hours pain got under control with a morphine pump which i stll have. Surgeon said it all went very well and confirmed hip was knackered so that was reassuring. Haven’t made it to the toilet yet but am allowed to use commode. Bye bye dignity ��

Thank you for all the well wishes.

Funny how even after years we still want to test the waters.
          So happy it went well.

Have to say you're very compus mentis as hours after the op. I'm not that good after a nanna nap.

Think the anaesthetist is the boss when it comes down to it. After all while the surgeon is rummaging about in one place, the anaesthetist is doing a million things looking after the whole you. I've always had a soft spot for them.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            Precisely. When did we ever want one or two drinks??? I want to get maggoted, thanks.
            Go on how many of us used to check the ABV of wine and get the highest as well as the cheapest.......Australian wine always won.
            I used to try and look as if I was looking at the grape, the write-up, the bouquet. 8% look down nose and think light-weight.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Doing a three in a row.
              Rather disturbing news.........Ma-in-law is in hospital. She's been having trouble with a form of psoriasis on her legs, her temperature was up and the district nurse decided she needs hospital treatment. She's been in since Thursday...........they didn't want to ring as it would spoil the lads weekend away and she's sent an edict out that there will be no visitors.........well, Mr. JC has said bollocks to that and he's going in tonight.........he'll face her ire at a later date.

And its a month today 'til the wedding. :egad:
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Go on how many of us used to check the ABV of wine and get the highest as well as the cheapest.......Australian wine always won.
                You're welcome
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I hope MIL is ok. It's always something, isn't it?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I hope MIL is ok. Such a worry the oldies

Ah yes the ABV and what a bonus to find a 14%one :haha:

Im on the move now. To the toilet on my own and in and out of bed. Pain is well controlled thankfully and feeling much better. I loved my anaesthetist he was a sweetheart

Comment

I'm so happy it's done Starty! Wishing you quick healing ((hugs))
                      Last edited by paulywogg; July 9, 2019, 07:45 AM.
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        I used to try and look as if I was looking at the grape, the write-up, the bouquet. 8% look down nose and think light-weight.
                        Never even heard of 8% Jacks ..... sounds like lemonade to me ...
                        Searched until I found 14-14.5% wine
                        Last edited by satz123; July 9, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Well done Starty - you are a trooper for sure :hug:

Comment

Jacks has her legs got infected maybe ? She'll be fine with an antibiotic ....:hug:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Never even heard of 8% Jacks ..... sounds like lemonade to me ...
                              Searched until I found 14-14.5% wine
                              It exists but for the life of me can't remember its name. Less than £2 a bottle and great toilet cleaner.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Jacks has her legs got infected maybe ? She'll be fine with an antibiotic ....:hug:
                              She's on them and they're still doing tests....those of a squeamish nature look away now........the skin on both her lower legs is peeling off. She's been on lotions and potions from her GP for months.
                              Mr. JC spoke to his dad and the edict will prolly be lifted tomorrow.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night all. Good to see you in such great shape so soon Starty, onwards and upwards. Fingers crossed re your mil JC, hard getting old. Exhausted, lots of running around today so going to hit the bed. Night everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X