One Step at a Time - July 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2019

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], you're sounding a bit exasperated. Can you slow down a little? Is this hip sobriety on a schedule or can you just do it at your own pace. I hear it's going to be super hot in Georgia the next few days. I hope you can find something outside of Atlanta. I hope the garden has something to salvage! Hopefully the summer will get better for you. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] thanks for sharing the belle post. A lot of what she says are what WFS statements say. It's really changing your mind to think positively instead of negatively. Yeah, not so easy to do, for me anyway.
    Rusty and Pauly, hope you guys are doing well!
    What is everyone doing tomorrow? My sisters and families and Mom are coming over, oh and my SIL. Small crowd this year. Fine with me.
    Wishing everyone a restful AF night!

Comment

Just a quick little story, Erin said she put Logan down for a nap today. After a few minutes she heard him on the monitor saying "off, on, off on". She went to check on him. He had climbed out of his crib and was by the electric outlet plugging and unplugging his little lamp!:egad::egad:

Comment

Hi all, oh no Liz! Lucky he didn't get a shock! Sounds like you will have a fun day with family. Dd1 and her bunch were going to come over, but got invited to one of the professors party so want to do that instead. Ok with me since I was a bit stressed about the cooking part. I'm going to spend the day reading and swimming, maybe try to fix the garden. Hip SS meet ant lunch. Looks like the WFS site is down. Have you seen the new one? It is nice but seems to have a lot of bugs...some fireworks going off last night the cats hid under the bed. I am thinking I might get up early and head to Atl instead of spending the night...Paulie did you end up going to work?....Nora, what are you doing today?....waves to Rusty and Glassie

Comment

Morning friends and Happy 4th Bird I had to reregister on the new wfs for some reason,made my username cheeseburger cuz that's what I happened to be looking at when I did it haha,yes I'm going to work for a bit,I really don't mind anyways,Liz,that's so scary! Electric outlets scare me,Brady put a key in one when he was nearly two and got a shock I was freaking out! Nora and Rusty hope all is well with you,have a safe AF day all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Independence Day to My US Steppers and Happy Thursday to [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] and any of our other MWO in other countries!:happy2:
            [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-thank you for that wonderful post from Belle to start us off on an AF July. I hope you have a relaxing, pain free holiday.

Pauly-I don't blame you for not wanting to make the trip this year and GOOD FOR YOU For deciding to work today rather than put yourself in a position where you might drink. It is harder to stay sober in the summer....so much advertising that focuses on summer being the perfect time to drink and go to the beach. :-(
            [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-wow, Logan is at the age where he could easily get into trouble (light switches, etc). Good thing you all have the energy to chase after him. Is your difficult sis-in-law coming to the 4th of July festivities? So glad you had a lovely day at the beach. You asked a while ago if anyone was watching the US women's soccer games...I had not been doing so but decided to watch it as you said it was really exciting. I started watching it on Tuesday afternoon when I got home from my trip and I saw the header shot that put the US ahead of England, and I was hooked! Hahah!
            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-you sound so exhausted. Is there any way you can rest today? Congrats to dd for getting into Univ. of SC. Quite an achievement!
            [MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION]...please stop by more often! We love new people and our frequent visitors like@NoSugar.

I had a wonderful time with my sister. We biked 10 miles through Peninsula State Park and we shopped and I swam in the pool...very relaxing. I think our MWO member [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] has probably biked through this park as well. I am so glad it wasn't hot. I would not have made it. So....I can't go on vacation without having a story to share: My sister "M" and I rented a condo at the mouth of the park. All of the condos are situated on top of this big hill. In the midst of checking out, I was loading our roller boards into the back of my car, I turned my back for one second and my sister's suitcase went flying down the hill and landed gracefully in someone's front lawn!!

Comment

Happy 4th of July!!!

Rusty - welcome home. I laughed at your suitcase story. I can just see it. I'm glad you had fun.

Pauly - funny name you chose. How long did you work?

Bird - I hope you get some relaxing time in. You did sound like you are feeling stressed out. Maybe recruit the girls and their bf's to come over and tend to the garden.

Liz - I hope that your SIL is on good behavior. How frustrating to have to deal with her!

The block party is in full swing here. The kids stopped by for a little bit but didn't want to hang around today. They think it will be too much for the baby. It gets loud and crazy here as the day goes on. They have a water slide down the street and another one right across the street. Someone must have got hurt last year because there was a little blurb in the newsletter about watching your kids so there won't be a repeat of last year.

Did you hear that we had a big earthquake today? We didn't even feel it. The kids felt it right when they were leaving to drive over here. It must have been a weird one because my niece was at a parade with a group of 21 people and some felt it and some didn't.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all
                Just wanted to let you all know that from now on we'll be celebrating the 4th July too, as it's my grandson's birthday! A beautiful healthy baby (8lb 11) and both mother and baby are well. :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::baby:
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Fantastic news Glassie!!!!!
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Glassy....Wonderful news! So happy for you!:yay: What will your grandchildren call you? Grandma? Grammy? Thank you for sharing your joy with us. We have missed you.:love:
                    [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-that is wild about the earthquake and how you couldn't feel it. I hope the block party didn't get out of hand with all the drinking.

Pauly-I love the name, too. Cheeseburger...hahaha!!

Comment

Morning friends,Glassy your grandson is absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for you Nora,some people said they felt the earthquake here but I didn't feel anything at all,not even a slight rumble,Rusty,that was a funny story about the suitcase haha,tired here this morning,slept ok just worn out,waves to Liz and Bird,wishing us all a happy and healthy AF Friday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], Glassy....Wonderful news! So happy for you!:yay: What will your grandchildren call you? Grandma? Grammy? Thank you for sharing your joy with us. We have missed you.:love:
                        Thanks, lovely. I'm Grandy to the little ones. I had my first cuddle today and am now officially in love.
                        Last edited by Glass Half Empty; July 5, 2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Hi all,....Glassie that is wonderful!!! Congratulations!!!......Nora, I saw the earthquake. Glad you weren't there. I have only felt one, and it was just a bump kinda. Boo on the block party......Rusty, that is a funny story about the suitcase!! Your vacation sounded very relaxing, it feels good to get so much exercise, I love the sleep.....Paulie, that is a good name, cheeseburger. Loved your fb pics yest!..Liz, how was your get together?...so that cats were very frightened last night and Bruno was howling a bit. Woaowww waaah, like that. It rained like crazy for a bit, but was over by dark...heading to ATL this eve, booked a hotel near the airport, just get it over with hell. News said the traffic is gonna be awful and 3.6 million will pass thru the airport this weekend, ugh. Will be good to have dd2 home again.....pool was full of frog eggs this morn, I guess the frogs were celebrating the rain and the 4th huh?

Comment

Hello all! Sorry I skipped yesterday, I was just pooped! My difficult SIL was here and she was well behaved! We had a nice chat! Everyone was in the pool, it was just that hot! We had a lovely day. Ended it with fireworks
                            GLassie congrats on your latest addition! He's just perfect. I am so glad everyone is doing ok!
                            Nora, that earthquake is just plain scary! We've had a few here on the east coast, nothing major.
                            Rusty, your get away sounds lovely. That's a lot of bike riding, but I love a good work out!
                            Bird, hope your atl. Weekend is goes smoothly. I've heard about all those travelers too. My son made it to ST croix, just fine. He sent a few pics, not nearly enough, though.
                            What's everyone doing this weekend? No plans here and I'm relieved. Hope everyone has a quiet at night!

Comment

Are any of you familiar with the poet Rumi?

I came across this beautiful quote from him the other day and it struck me how relevant it is to anyone stuck in the alcohol trap:

“Why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open?”

:heartbeat:

Comment

His poems helped me when I was quitting, Glassie. This one helped me forgive myself: The cracks allow the light to come in (or some similar translation!).

My experience has been that Grandsons are a blast. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X