• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - July 2019

Good morning and happy Sunday!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Not much going on here. Sorry to have been so quiet this past week. Was in the middle of a flare up so didn't feel up to doing much of anything. But, now I'm back so watch out. :rotlf:
      Honestly, things have been a little tough lately. Hubby not feeling well, Mom not feeling well, me not feeling well. Sigh...........
      On the bright side, hubby & I are going to plan a little getaway next month. I'm looking forward to that. Just a couple of nights away - that will be great.

Rusty - I thought it was pretty cool that you & the operations manager started talking about that. How wonderful that you both found your way out. And I agree with Liz, I love the word bliss. Aaahhhhhh

Liz - I remember those days with the climbing out of the crib. Glad you had fun shopping for the toddler bed. Just saw that you were lonely the other night. Good for you for keeping busy. That's nice that things aren't tense between you & your coworker. Everybody has a bad day sometimes.

Rusty - are you driving to MN? How is the weather? How did the boat trip go? Did your Mom do ok?

Bird - I'm so glad that you like the sobriety school. It sounds like you are learning so much. That is so awesome that you saw that message from the son of a friend of your Dad's. Did you hear back anything yet?

Pauly - what are you up to today? Did you hit up iHop today? For some reason I have been wanting to go out to breakfast.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
        Nothing new. Sundays are busy since that is the new week of sobriety school and lots of stuff to read and watch. Also had the black/native group today which is pretty good. Band camp starts tomorrow for dd2, she will be teaching at the same place as last year. I haven't heard from the message I sent the guy about my dad. Oh well..Nora, glad you are going on a little getaway. Sorry everyone is feeling lousy though....I talked so much yesterday it wore me out. I am not a big talker and can't remember the last time I talked so much hahaha....later

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I did think about u not liking to talk afterward. You were very chatty and I think you've got your quota for this week:welldone: it was definitely an enjoyable interaction! Glad you were busy today. Being bored is definitely a trigger for me! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I am sorry you guys are not feeling well. I meant to tell you yesterday I love your hair! We're u always that light, or were you outside in the sun like me? Where are you going on your getaway. Beach? My older sisters youngest son is getting married in October . The bridal shower in in Connecticut (about a 3 hour drive) next month, so sissys and I are making a weekend of it. We got hotel. The three of us together all snoring away in one room:congratulatory: I'm sure it'll be fun. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], thinking about you today and hoping you are having a good day!
          GLassie, if your checking in on us, hope all is well with you.
          Looked at 4 town homes/condos with Mark today. The last one was pretty much a no. It was old and small, with not much room for improvement, but the location was great. Lots for him to think about.. All in all a pretty good weekend for me. Busy week ahead for me one of my coworkers is on vacation so I will be working full time. Have a great night!

Comment

Hope you all had a good Monday! Busy day at work, but I'm glad I got to get out and walk at lunch today. Mark filled out an application today for a dog rescue site. There may be a puppy in his near future, Not much else new here today.
            have a great AF Monday night!

Comment

Hi all,
              Not much going on. Went to Bass Pro to get a new summer hat as mine was falling apart. So band camp doesn't start until next week. Dd2 and her bf came over and we went swimming. It was a good afternoon. Asked her if she would like to go hiking one day before school starts and she does. We will stop in Atlanta(ugh) and get her some boots, since there is an REI there....Liz, the wedding sounds fun, the hotel with your sisters. Hope Mark finds a good puppy!...waves to everyone!

Comment

Hi everyone.
                Liz, I'm letting my hair go white. So my hair is half grown out white and half faded blonde. :shocked:

Not much going on here either. Too bad you have to go back to Atlanta for the shopping, Bird.
                Liz -Has Mark made any offers yet?

Waves to all. Typing on my phone and it has taken me 15 min to type this. I don't know how you do it.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], you've got great hair. It did not look white, just very blond. I do get tired of coloring mine, though. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], Bass Pro shop is totally not me, but hubby loves it. We don't go often as there isn't one close by. I honestly do enjoy the whole experience. I love their food/cooking section. Not Atlanta again?
                  Not much new here. Made it through the day just fine although last night was rough. Hubby asked me if I was gonna stop and drink on my way home today (my dad passed one year ago). That just got me crying even more. Then he tried to be understanding and comforting! He meant well, but well, it didn't help. Talked to mom and TS today and honestly we're ok. We talked about daddy and mom misses him a lot. So for tonight, I'm ok.
                  Hope everyone's doing ok!

Comment

I love Nora's hair too! Spotted this morning outside Walmart........

Punk Hair Goes Wild - Crazy New Hair Styles 1.jpg

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

((((((((((((((Liz)))))))))))))
                      Sending you good thoughts. I'm glad that you were able to talk to your Mom & your sisters. It is a hard anniversary for sure.
                      I don't know what to say about hubby. He shouldn't have said that IMHO. Sigh.........
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I saw a quote that hit home with me and thought I would share. I saved it to my journal I keep.

'If I quit [being sober] now, soon I will be right back where I started, which was desperately wanting to be where I am now.'
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                          I love Nora's hair too! Spotted this morning outside Walmart........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4884[/ATTACH]
                          You're joking but I was going to put purple on my ends. I was told that the color wouldn't take well with my white hair. :rotlf:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning!

Mr. G! [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]:heartbeat: You rock star! Great to see you, dear friend. Sounds like you have been enjoying your AF life as you travel all over the world. So happy for you!
                            [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-I love your hair...blonde or white...it is so thick and beautiful. Ixnay on the purple! Hahahah! I loved that quote...SO true!

Hi to everyone else...still on the road but relaxing while working outside on the patio of the Hilton Garden Inn. Last night as I was trying to chill in the hot tub...there were a million rambunctious kids. Now I have the whole place to myself. YIPPEE!!

Hi to all my lovely friends here... [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]....have a wonderful AF hump day!

Comment

Hey everyone! [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], you are sounding much better today. I'm glad yiu were able to work outdoors and enjoy the hot tub. It is oppressively hot here, I couldn't even imagine going in a hot tube. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], your pictures were lovely! I must say, you are sounding in better spirits today as well. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], thanx for your kind words about daddy. Hubby meant well and I'm not sure there was a right thing to say. Mom said she woke up around 1 am and didn't sleep much the rest of the night. So last night was a rough night for her. She seemed a bit down today too. I'm surprised purple on grey or white hair wouldn't work. Mr, Gs picture had me laughing. [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, hope you're doing ok.
                              We are expecting some severe storms tonight. Not much else new. Mark is moving along on his application for dog adoptions. I think the only thing left is home inspection. I think he's really going to do it! Well off to. Read a little before bed.
                              Hope you all had a great day

Comment

Hi all. Still having internet issues. Frustrating. I will reset the modem tomorrow and then I will stop complaining (about that :congratulatory: )

Exciting about Mark's dog. Does he have any type in mind?
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X