One Step At A Time~August 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step At A Time~August 2019

Hi all...so 3 1/2 hours in the dentist yest and so painful. It is hard to get my mouth numb and it wears off quickly. One crown on and one temporary, will finish in 2 weeks. ...gonna be hot as hell for a few days, lucky I have the pool. Bought a nice backpack when we were at rei the other day, so I am breaking it in out in the yard, the neighbors probably think I am nuts hehehe....Liz, that is exciting about Erin feeling the baby. Glad she is feeling better. Good you got to spend time with a friend. Sounds like you are running around like crazy with Tessa and Logan!....Nora, glad you got your crown. Bet it is a relief to have the house done and ready to rent out. Hope your brother sticks around to help out. ...good on the hair, I tried some stuff with mine in my 20s but was too big of a pain in the ass so I just finally cut it short and do nothing....

Comment

Bird, glad you've got the worst of the tooth thing behind you. Can't stand that kinda pain.
      Pretty tired today, but got a lot done. Went with Mark for Tessa's first vet visit. She was an angel. Clearly not at all unfamiliar with those surroundings. It's almost bedtime and no accidents today. Hubby had one of his friends over and he met Tessa outside. She was cautious and wouldn't come near him. But she did ok. Turns out her real birthday is 3/11 and not Valentine's Day like we originally thought. I think that bodes in our favor and hopefully we can help her overcome any trauma she's been through earlier in life.
      Anyway I'm off to read a little before bed. Lots to do tomorrow. CJ is coming and I need to start preparing for my nieces bridal shower sat and family get together here on Sunday.
      Hope everyone's doing ok,my wishing you all a great AF night

Comment

Hi all. I'll be back later. My brother was over for a visit yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post.
        Hugs to all
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Bird glad you got your teeth done but sorry it was so painful you too Nora,Liz yay CJ is coming,you two will have a nice visit glad Tessa behaved at the vet,we just never know how they're gonna be yikes! Winslow is a brat everywhere but I'm glad he's good for his groomer she must have the magic touch,waves to Rusty same old here 99 cents, Walmart and lunch then we'll go meet Lou's teacher cuz school starts Monday and he's excited,much love and wishes for a happy AF Friday!!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

School starts Monday? YIKES! [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I was at the dollar store today too. Bought some stuff for Marks kitchen, already. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], how are you feeling? [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. Nice you got to spend some time with your brother. What does he say about how your mom is doing? [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], how was your week, you home yet?
            I may not be around much this weekend, but I'll check in when I can. Marathon bridal shower tomorrow.
            Hope everyone had/has a great Friday!

Comment

Good morning and happy Sunday! CJ is home and the shower really was a lot of fun. Having a house full today so I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is doing? Pretty quiet here, though.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,it is quiet! Hope you enjoy your visit with CJ,who's getting married? I totally missed that I swear I feel like I'm all about myself sometimes when I don't take notice of something someone posted,must work on that,hope all are well and wishing us all a wonderful AF Sunday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday, Friends!

!went well in Utah last week and yesterday, I slept a good portion of the day. Totally revived today. Church and brunch with Mom and paperwork is on the docket for today. Our association pool closes at 9:00 PM and I got there just in time to get in, however, my neighbor had two very drunken guests who decided to swim. Ughhhh….drunken, loud twenty somethings. Just obnoxious! I was less than nice to them since they thought the pool would be closed. They drunkenly told me "thank you SO much" numerous times, but then when they would be loud, I would say, "Keep your voices down" they became more obnoxious and even louder. I am so glad I am done with that life.

Big hellos to everyone here! Happy AF Sunday!

Comment

Hello everyone. Have a happy day!!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow - Sunday already. Sorry I haven't been posting. Just feel like I don't have anything to say. :shocked: I know - shocking isn't it?! LOL

Pauly - So glad that Louie is excited for school. Is this 1st grade? 2nd? Fun times.

Liz - so happy for you that CJ is home. Glad that the bridal shower was fun. Since you mentioned marathon, how long was it? How long can CJ stay?

Bird - I'm so sorry about the dental work. Sounds so painful. Hope that the next visit is quick and painless. I laughed thinking about your neighbors watching you out in the yard with the backpack on. LOL

Rusty - I would have been so irritated with the people disrupting the peacefulness of the pool. You finally get to relax and have to deal with that. Glad that you survived your trip with your allergies.

My brother stayed with mom today. Hubby & I went to a farmer's market and to Michael's arts & craft store. We had planned on going out to lunch but ended up splitting a tamale at the farmer's market. So we saved some money that way. Ha, ha.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all...I don't feel like I have much to talk about either. Getting some things done I have been putting off, have a bit more energy lately. Been walking with the backpack in the mornings, gonna try to do 40 days of it, but might get a bit sidetracked with moving dd1 this weekend. Made up a budget for her since she gets paid by the semester. Hope she sticks to it, I will have to pay her car ins though or she will be flat broke....Liz, looks like you are having the best time! So happy for you!!...Paulie, how was the first day of school? That was always so exciting for me to here how it went, I couldn't wait to hear all about it.....Nora, good your brother gave you a break, the farmers market sounds wonderful...there is a flea market down the road with alot of hispanic food vendors, good stuff.....Rusty, sorry about the drunks at the pool, sounds like my day at walmart with the phone screamers...very hot here, I got some white tape to put on the deck so I wouldn't burn my feet but rains every afternoon and havent been able to put it out yet....

Comment

HI everyone. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I'd have been pretty upset about those youngins at the pool too. So obnoxious! [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], glad you got some time to get away. I love the farmers market and Michaels even more. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I love flea markets too. I just love looking for treasures at a bargain. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], how was the first day of school.
                          Nora, the shower on Saturday lasted four hours, but setting up and clean up made it a long day. It really ended up being fun. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I don't expect you to keep up with my social calendar, lol. This shower was for hubby's niece getting married in October. I've got a lot of weddings coming up. CJ leaves early Friday morning. I keep telling myself it's ok because her and Joe will be back for the weddings in October, CJ is out to dinner with her mother inlaw tonight.
                          Hope you are all doing well. Wishing you all a great AF Monday night!

Comment

Wow Bird - that is dedication to wearing the backpack every day! I hope that the move goes smoothly. Is her boyfriend driving up with you? That is such a great idea to make a budget. I hope that it really helps her manage the money.

I don't remember if I mentioned that Mom fell the other day. I just checked her back and sure enough she has a bruise on her back. Sigh......Hospice nurse coming tomorrow so we'll have her check it out. Wonder if this will get her re-certified with Hospice.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Liz. I'm glad that you are enjoying your visit with CJ. I know you hate to see her go. Glad she is coming back in October though!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh no Nora! I hope you can get hospice back. One of my elderly friends fell the other day and broke her hip and wrist. ..di you get the house rented out? Does the place take care of all the details? ....Liz, good CJ will be back soon. I will be sad to see dd1 go and I wonder how she will do and how I will do. She will drive up with bf thurs. since she has some sort of test and I will go fri, move in is sat...heading outside the cats are driving me crazy all over the desk, cat hair flying...hugs to all

Comment

Working...
                                X