One Step At A Time~August 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step At A Time~August 2019

Nora I'm sorry you're mom fell poor thing,Liz,oh ok now I've got it straight haha,Bird,great job on the backpack hikes! You'll be buff in no time flat I know you'll be sad when daughter goes but be proud she's living her life,that's how I hafta look at it anyway,Rusty hope all is fab with you,much love and wishes for splendid AF day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Has anyone seen the Doodle for Google? I love it - it is a picture of a mother holding a baby and in front of it is the daughter taking care of the mother.

I agree that is the way we have to look at it - be proud our kids are living their lives. I am sure it is hard when they move away though. I was just talking to a woman at work today. Her son & family moved back East. She was showing me pics of her granddaughters. She misses them so much.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

A little announcement from The Stepper’s Thread.

We have decided that it’s time to let the thread go. The Stepper’s thread has served its purpose and the time has come to retire it. We are not disappearing, we will still be around on other threads.

I didn’t want to let the thread die out without first saying THANK YOU to everyone that has read and posted here over the years. I am forever grateful for the love and support. So much wisdom has been shared here.

Always remember to take it One Step at a Time xxoo

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

One of this thread’s great successes was YOU, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. I read this thread and one by Ann Carolina that also was active in 2013 before I worked up the courage to join MWO. I so wanted to be like all of you, working to free yourselves from the burden of addiction and supporting one another. The communities on the two threads convinced me to give it a try. So, thank you :hug:.

Comment

Glad you are not disappearing!

Thanks for a great thread Nora and Steppers past and present. What a cool vibe this thread has.

Bon voyage everyone! :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I do hope you all will keep posting elsewhere! I miss your voices & stories already!
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Oh, no. Yes, please stick around, Nora! You other steppers as well! Everyone is always welcome at the Cafe.

Comment

Wait! What? Steppers - please do post elsewhere.

I am with NoSugar, Nora. You're approach to getting sober always resonated with me when I was lurking.

Thanks for letting us drop in from time to time.

Pav

Comment

I’m not sure what to say [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], guess I’m a bit sad that you decided to shut the Steppers thread down. You’ve been an integral part of that thread and one of the big reasons that members feel comfortable and safe posting there. I read there everyday, but no, I didn’t post often. I just didn’t seem to have much to add most times, but enjoyed keeping up with you all in the background.

What disappointments me is that we’re losing another part of the MWO community, and when that happens we lose active members. I see you’ve made the odd post and [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] continues to join in on many threads, but it seems that the other regular Steppers have gone silent. Everyone seems to find a “home” thread where they find it comfortable to post and that’s just the way it goes. Communities within the community develop and grow, big and small, or they may stay the same size, but I think the important thing is that the Steppers community was the place that some members felt like home, like family.

I’m really hoping you re-think the decision you’ve made, and that it’ll stay one of the daily threads that I can visit. If not, as [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] stated, y’all are welcome in the Café.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It was a unanimous decision to decide to no longer continue the thread, steppers will continue to support each other but it's time consuming to have to check in and post the same thing we already talked about in real time,alot of stuff is private and should be kept that way,I continue to post on other threads cuz I always have and I guess I just have the time on my hands haha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Very sad. I love you ALL!
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                        X