Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Happy October, Army folk!!!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      That looks frighteningly familiar!!
      Doesn't it.
      We took ours down when we discovered Jenny dangling by one leg trying to get over the one upstairs.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      I took over your tantrum btw!! At work ..talk later
      I know and its much appreciated. I should have kept my gob shut.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].........always a pleasure. :love:

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........how do you do the posting from phone. My fingers come over like giany sawsages.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].........porridge and honey or a full English/Irish/Scottish.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Rusters Jackie and SARG!!! how you doing Techie?? Great to see you! why on earth should you keep your gob shut Jacks? just stating your opinion - and we were asked...!
        What a fab day --- the waves were breaching the harbour wall - the power of the sea was absolutely awesome... and Lorenzo hasn't even arrived yet!!!! Poxy poxy day at work - everything is being changed around on us - in a horrible way - making way for 'business'????? WHERE do these clowns get their ideas? Corporate strategy one of them is studying … SERIOUSLY -- it's a library --- hate what they are doing and it's all happening this week and next.. poxy poxy
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          THats hilarious!
          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], wow, you are very talented! Your Dad's ducks are beautiful. Mr M does lots of stuff like that too. Would be happy turning wood all day long. Unfortunately, it wouldnt pay the bills..
          And no, you didnt come across strong! Its a topic I like discussing, navigating nights out. Not doing an overnight Pauly.. will meet up for dinner instead and drive home.

Id say the waves were amazing up your way Molly! Bracing ourselves for changes too.. its going to get serious though. Stale mate in the labour court. Management announced today that they are ploughing ahead with proposed changes regardless. Union staff have voted to strike.. and so it begins..
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Happy October Troopers!

Brilliant artistry Stirly! Thanks for the gr8 pics.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieClaire

"Sobriety brings out our strengths we recognize our weaknesses. We learn to cope. We learn there's no answer at the bottom of a glass. Our brains heal and finally we grow up to be the person we always had inside."

:heartbeat:

Hang in there Jonesy. Don't forget.........You Raawk!

Good luck with the industrial relations Mary. I know such scenarios well. Hope common sense and fairness prevails.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

will meet up for dinner instead and drive home.

Good idea Mary, one of the advantages of living out a bit and makes everything so much easier.

Bracing ourselves for changes too.. its going to get serious though. Stale mate in the labour court. Management announced today that they are ploughing ahead with proposed changes regardless. Union staff have voted to strike.. and so it begins..[/QUOTE]

Jeez must be in the air Mary and Molly, they are leaving our place in droves. Buzz word is lean. Corporate did a staff feedback thing and surprise surprise it was very negative. Head honcho from HR flies in, obviously did not go well as our HR head now out with stress. What are they doing to improve staff morale. We played games yesterday, fun zone for adults! Ffs.

Meant to say Bridget, that girl sounds like a right piece of work. Glad you have all that behind you.

Have nice day planned. Walk with doggies and then taking a friend who has had a really hard time lately for lunch and then a facial. It was her birthday last week.

Comment

Arvo all,
                Full Irish this time please JC (don't know what that is) Full Scottish sounds like something you'd see if it was too windy at a Scots men's shed.

What's the business strategy for a library? Get rid of the books, put a cafe in, still call it a library though?
                10 minutes to go. Then green groceries. Then home. Then back here. Plan.

Sent from my iphone.
                Only kidding, I can't afford an iphone.
                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; October 2, 2019, 12:55 AM.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

flying -- car needs service -- right our union is APPALLING -- an absolute joke -- a disgrace.. will do nothing - and something SHOULD be done -- they (I'm not s'posed to say this - but hey ho -- anonymity wha??) instructed us to 'dispose' of maybe 200k worth of books - to make space for glass 'rooms' for people to conduct business in.. and more -- it is an absolute travesty and I cried bitter tears last November when the purge was on...………#
                  talk later xx

Comment

Got to fly out in a few minutes myself............getting nails done..........its a hard life
                    Got to get back for another man that can re-sealing some of the windows. I'll be starting my own TV show on home improvements in the next 18 months.....it will be called Just Don't Even Think About It.
                    Planning on wee break here next April......Runswick Bay - Yorkshire Coast | Welcome to Yorkshire

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........no wonder you're in tears. Literacy is one of the most important things in life. I remember even as a little one Wednesday was library day. My mum went religiously every week so it was new book day. Kindles or kindle like readers are fine if space is an issue but there's nothing like a book.

Not be long.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Planning on wee break here next April......Runswick Bay - Yorkshire Coast | Welcome to Yorkshire

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........no wonder you're in tears. Literacy is one of the most important things in life. I remember even as a little one Wednesday was library day. My mum went religiously every week so it was new book day. Kindles or kindle like readers are fine if space is an issue but there's nothing like a book.

Not be long.
                      that place looks just gorgeous Jackie -- how far is Yorkshire from you?
                      Like you - the trip to the library was magic - it was every Sat morn to Rathmines library when I was little and I can still remember clambering up the 'big' steps and the smell of the books -- the magic of them.. and I was only allowed borrow 2 (nowadays it's 12) - so the two HAD to be good... mind you you wouldn't DREAM of asking the librarians for advice or anything - they were a bit scary.. but in a nice way.. oh I dunno - I just believe the people who get all important just have no love for books... they couldn't do what they are doing if they did. (I have a queue of 17 books at the minute that I'm gagging to read - and can't find the hours in the day!!!)

Houseful of grandchildren just been dispatched so now feet up and a nice cuppa...………….. simple pleasures!!

Comment

It depends. Yorkshire's huge.
                        We'll be in North Yorkshire so its only 63 miles. Jenny's in York (94 miles).
                        Funnily enough, we're thinking of doing a house swap with her next summer so we can have a good look round York........the hotels are hideously expensive. Means she can show Ads the North East coast, the Castles and Hadrians Wall and all that stuff.

You know I'd forgotten about the only 2 books. And is was special, Jenny &the S&H loved going and picking their own books.
                        There used to be a study room where I did my exam revision (in reality I spent hours scribbling I love David Bowie & Paul Rodgers on my pencil case and talking very, very quietly to my bezzie mate about the gorgeous 6th form prefect who didn't know we excisted)
                        Mr. JC comes back with two bags full..........that is if he can get to the library in the 2 hours a week its open on a Saturday.
                        We don't have a late-night any more. Its shut two days a week, part-time two days and 9-5 pm the other two days.
                        The big city library which used to basically open all hours is cut its hours to 9-5. Monday to Saturday. Its empty apart from the coffee shop.
                        Whatever our city council is spending our hideously high council taxes on its not public amenities.
                        Oh, btw that was my rant from the other day.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I didn't get my nails done.........I was a tad early by 24 hours.:eek-new:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My mum used to rave about York - York and Bath - two places she always told me to go to -- haven't been to either -- if Boris has his way I never will either!! House swap with Jenny sounds like a great idea.. none of mine live anywhere interesting... as in - they practically all live on my lane ;-)

d'ya know - you look at the culture of a country and the things that we should be proud of... I s'pose with Britain it was always the empire and the industrial era how they outstripped most of the world with technology - with America - they were the policemen of the world... they were free and all encompassing... Ireland - we always pride ourselves on our literature and our authors - our playwrights......……………......……...………….. none of these things seem to count anymore.... now it is crass - and money --- and supremacy -- and it makes me sick - our world isn't very nice at the moment - and the Right (as in wing) are bursting through everywhere - even in places like Austria and Hungary - where they really really should know better

that's my rant for tonight - and now we have a burst something in our kit hen - with a mini-leak on the floor and Joe has gone into a decline - so I'm going to bed!!!

NIGHT ALL xx

Comment

Im too tired to rant!
                              Oh no, your place too [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]! We are all over the 'lean' word too.. sometimes thats ok, forces you to think outside the box. But most of the time, its all band aids..

That looks fabulous [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                              Sent from my iphone.
                              Only kidding, I can't afford an iphone.
                              :rotlf:
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning...........another attempt at getting nails done today. I felt like a right tool yesterday.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........breakfasts......you do get a slice of haggis with the Scottish one, black pudding with English, larva bread with the Welsh and according to google liver in the Irish one although I don't remember that I just saw mountains of food and needed an after brekkie nap.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........just think of the exchange rate..........you'll get a squillion euros to the pound this time next month. You'll be able to buy York.
                                Tbh with the world as it is today saddens my heart. What are we leaving the generations to come?
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X