Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    [MENTION=9094]..........Rosie has changed your life. You've taken to dog ownership like an old hand. :congratulatory
    Yes she has Jacks. My daughter says I've gone all soft since I got her. I suppose I'd be the same with grandchildren if I ever get one. I think Rosie is my substitute ... but I love her so much.

I've a friend who's daughter has a melt-down if she misses her daily gym session. Her entire world revolves around the gym. While her body is beautiful her mind is in bits.
    Addiction to endorphins -one addiction that passed me by :haha:

Spoke to my SIL last night and our lovely 21 year old niece has bulimia and anorexia. Trouble is no-one had cottoned on.
    Like alcoholism cunning, baffling, powerful.

I do think I am now dealing with sugar addiction. I cannot have one biscuit - I eat a whole packet. It's like "you've started now - keep going" - especially in work.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Morning to you all.
      I do put her on speaker Mers. Then I fold washing and clean and paint things. Get loads done. But towards the end it sounds like this: Ah roolly thunkwashud gesh t'getha Cous. Ah'll driiiiiive an meecha haf way uppa coastsh. We ken go shoppen an shtay somma nice. KNowa nice place HEY! we shud get t'getha ina middla tha coash wan time.
      That does sound like a poxy morn you're having there Molly. Bloody cars.
      I shouldn't laugh but :harhar:

Ahh the newly weds. S&H last seen under the rubble of wardrobe units and then pulling out downstairs carpets. Last heard of DIL at her first black-tie dinner.Then they've gone silent for about two weeks.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......there's a neighbour just over the road whose daughter didn't marry until she was 40. Popped out two sprogs by the time she was 42.....you never know

Just made incredibly far too healthy kale and cannellini bean soup........I'll prolly have a MacDonald's tonight.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I shouldn't laugh but :harhar:

Ahh the newly weds. S&H last seen under the rubble of wardrobe units and then pulling out downstairs carpets. Last heard of DIL at her first black-tie dinner.Then they've gone silent for about two weeks.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......there's a neighbour just over the road whose daughter didn't marry until she was 40. Popped out two sprogs by the time she was 42.....you never know

Just made incredibly far too healthy kale and cannellini bean soup........I'll prolly have a MacDonald's tonight.
        We live in hope JAcks ..... DD has the job, the fella & the gaff in that order & they are having a rare old time travelling everywhere....
        YS - now that's another kettle of fish. He was here all weekend - sober & seemed happy to just play with Rosie, watch football & eat my Mammy dinners.

With all his travels since he was 22 - I've no doubt he has a YYS somewhere he doesn't even know about

I'm getting fatter & fatter lounging around with Rosie at her nap time. I'm basically a lazy cow. Lucky I'm in work 4-8 this eve or I'd have to be rolled down the stairs :egad:
        Last edited by satz123; October 14, 2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Evening everyone. Just in from work so need to get some food. Pain about the car Molly. I’m like you Satz, have downsized to a small car for myself and my fur babies. Horrible horrible morning here, did not get a walk in.

Comment

Evening! Right - all about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. car to cost 4k to fix... mechanic suggested asking manufacturer to fix it under warrantee... COURSE --- NO PROBLEM says Joe.. I'll ask them so.... errrmmm -- the car is 11 years old.... no bother to him - he rings the manufacturer -- yup we'll fix that for you.... latherin heart???? mind you - we won't have a car for 2-3 weeks but.... WHY in gods name are they covering an ancient car with a warrantee ????

All that thunder and lightening has cleared -- so exciting!!! Now it's a beautiful evening.. LOVE LOVE LOVE this time of year!!!
            I often wonder - with 3 sons - how many little K's are there around the place..... rather not think bout it really!!!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thunder ? Lightening? are we living in the same country Molls. ?

I do know there was a magnificent full moon last night. It was HUGE. Named Hunter's moon apparently.
              The Health Care Assistants in the care home said everything kicked off last night about 11pm to a point they were losing control of some residents :egad:
              Last edited by satz123; October 14, 2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Ah every loon in the village comes into library on full moon it's a real phenomenon!! Poor old things!! Did ya get no mad thunder??? It was epic here...

Comment

Morning,
                  [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........while you're on a winner with the car, why not ask if they'll cover the cost of a wee hire car. Shy bairns get nowt
                  Both of us have gippy tummies.........we're blaming dodgy chicken wings we had at the weekend.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning,
                    [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........while you're on a winner with the car, why not ask if they'll cover the cost of a wee hire car. Shy bairns get nowt
                    Both of us have gippy tummies.........we're blaming dodgy chicken wings we had at the weekend.
                    oooohhh nasty!
                    yeah Joe asked for a replacement car --- errmmm yer man sort of said 'get a grip man - yer car is nearly 12 years old' --- so guessing they emmm - won't give us one ;-) We'll manage grand - I'm only couple of kilometres from work and Joe will do the shopping he says - so we'll survive a couple of weeks!

Morning everyone!

Comment

Mornin' all - well no thunder I could hear Molls over the shaggin din at reception last night.
                      Jesus they were all at it
                      - I want to go home
                      - I want my mother
                      - I want a banana

- & that was just the staff :hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        Mornin' all - well no thunder I could hear Molls over the shaggin din at reception last night.
                        Jesus they were all at it
                        - I want to go home
                        - I want my mother
                        - I want a banana

- & that was just the staff :hahaha:
                        Bet your shift went quickly tho:congratulatory:

Comment

Quickest of check ins. Finished up a paint project after work and late to bed. I'll be a sorry one tomorrow.
                          See you all on the flip side.
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Night Bridget, sleep tight. How did your paint project turn out?

No thunder or lightning over this side either. Glad you are getting the car sorted Molly. Just in from work so quick check in. Have Pilates this evening so no putting the feet up.

Comment

Is it me or is MWO running at snail's pace?
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Do you mean the tinternet JC or traffic on the site? Seems to be only a few of us who check in consistently. We have lost a lot of the troops, hope it is just that they are busy and not that they have been sucked back down the rabbit hole of addiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X