X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Ah Molls you HAVE to go to the funerals. :egad:
    Jesus you are worser than me so - or maybe I'm just bullied into it.
    But you find out LOADS from the priest about the person you thought you knew

He knows nothing about me - so my service will be short.....
    I saw a sermon from the pope on facebook & was about to poo poo it but read it instead and to my surprise it was good.
    (Pity though he doesn't practice what he preaches....)

Seeing as it's Sunday - I'll dig it out .......
    Are you MAD??? Funerals are pagan invasive horrible rituals -- NOTHING would persuade me to go to one unless it was my parent husband or child! Nothing - I'd rather just die myself - horrendous things they are! and I don't want to know anything about random neighbours..
    The Mongols used to just put the bodies up on top of hills or mountains for the wildlife to eat... great idea
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
      Ahh, I wouldn't be too sure, Molls. There are some people I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire.
      I've got rid of himself to his Ma and Pa's to watch the Scotland match. After the hoo-ha earlier this year he actually looks forward to going. They'll have a nice chat, a few biscuits and he doesn't have to do their chores.

The more I think of it and living with a family of atheists I'm going to get cremated privately and they can have the party afterward. I'd rather they turned up when I was alive.

That £400 has paid off the holiday on the Yorkshire coast........so basically that's free.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Are you MAD??? Funerals are pagan invasive horrible rituals -- NOTHING would persuade me to go to one unless it was my parent husband or child! Nothing - I'd rather just die myself - horrendous things they are! and I don't want to know anything about random neighbours..
        The Mongols used to just put the bodies up on top of hills or mountains for the wildlife to eat... great idea
        Now say what you really think Molls :hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Morning,
          Ahh, I wouldn't be too sure, Molls. There are some people I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire.
          I've got rid of himself to his Ma and Pa's to watch the Scotland match. After the hoo-ha earlier this year he actually looks forward to going. They'll have a nice chat, a few biscuits and he doesn't have to do their chores.

The more I think of it and living with a family of atheists I'm going to get cremated privately and they can have the party afterward. I'd rather they turned up when I was alive.

That £400 has paid off the holiday on the Yorkshire coast........so basically that's free.
          What £400? Missed that!
          Well if mine don't put me in the pod under a sapling oak I will come back and haunt them... they've been warned!!

HAHA -- so you guessed I was restraining myself being aware of peoples sensibilities?:harhar:

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........how was the phone call?
            [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............I managed to get Mr JC's car key/remote fixed for £50 instead of the £450 the car manufacturer quoted. Quids in.:happy2:
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........how was the phone call?
              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............I managed to get Mr JC's car key/remote fixed for £50 instead of the £450 the car manufacturer quoted. Quids in.:happy2:
              ahhh gotcha!! thought it was something to do with funerals:welldone:

My phone was literally falling apart - it had bust at the seams - the (very shagging expensive) case was broken - the battery was draining in 4-5 hours - it was getting useless - but I really like it - it's a bit old but a smashing phone - brought it down to the little chinaman down the town - it's absolutely perfect now - even a smashing new case for 40 yoyo's --- new battery - the works -- delighted I am - it's literally like having a mad posh new phone!

Comment

Me again... just a thought that has been going around in my head the last few days.. never separated the two before.... BUT -- am I addicted to alcohol....OR... am I addicted to feeling 'better' -- you know - the way we used to feel before we had to chase the 'better' - the relaxed... the fun.... the out of myself feeling? And does the answer to that matter at all?

The reason I started thinking this was really that tbh… never REALLY was hooked on the taste of any alcohol... didn't dislike it.. but nah... if it was to quench my thirst - no alcoholic drink would spring to mind -- even that 'ice cold beer' in the summer sunshine...…...nah - glass of orange would probably taste better... so therefore - if A+B=C does it follow that I am addicted to ANYTHING that makes me feel better?

and YET...… I know lots of peeps who eat chocolate to cheer themselves up (including my own children - and husband) and I know I like chocolate - and yeah - I get a nice feeling eating it.. but I truly can take it or leave it... must be heaps of other things like that too... so no - I don't get addicted to everything...…..just ignore me if this is TOTALLY irrelevant to you -- it's just me doing (as JC says) a big think

Comment

Will have to have a think about your big think �� Molly. Too tired at the moment. Out hill walking all day so very tired camper. Think it will be mindless Netflix movie and an early night. Night everyone.

Comment

Evening,
                    Bridge, just put the cousin on speaker and turn down the volume. Then you can do what ever you need to do and just inject a 'yes', 'really', in vaguely the right places. she probably wont notice anyway.

Well I did love the taste of a lot of wine Molly, but it was the feeling I was really after. I think for me they went hand in hand, but Id still drink beer, not for the taste, but to drink less wine (in my complicated plans of controlling my intake), but still drink alcohol - so yes, more for the feeling.
                    They say you eat with your eyes, if the same is applied to booze, thanks to clever marketing campaigns, the 'idea' of a glass of whatever conjures up all sorts of images and feelings that are woven into our conscious and subconscious brain. Maybe the addiction is only one part of the problem.
                    Last edited by IamMary; October 13, 2019, 05:23 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning! - more friggin car problems - dramatically failed the NCT - so may have to think of a new car -- poxy shit on a Monday morning... other than that - life is wunnerful ;-) Talk later! xx

Comment

Morning,
                        [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........oh no!!!! poxy to the nth degree. Mind you I know where to get a good deal on new car keys if you need a hand
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning :
                          On the subject of cars : [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - Opel Mokka up for sale here - 161 - 30,000k : one careful lady owner
                          As there doesn't seem to be any grandchildren heading my way soon ..... I've had a think :
                          I've gone from big car mentality -( 'cos I don't want to be 'that ol granny in the little car ' ) to thinking the Fiat 500 is just so cool. In a cream colour with red trimmings.
                          Just enough room for me & me dog !!!

Comment

pmsl
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........Rosie has changed your life. You've taken to dog ownership like an old hand. :congratulatory:
                              I just say that as Bess & I have a morning routine that cannot be ignored. Much tummy rubbing, cuddle on the settee, let out in the garden. One just one digestive biscuit and now we're both happy.
                              Back to Molly's big think.

I can (would you believe) take or leave chocolate. Its nice........that's a bland word.
                              However, when I gave up the drink I replaced the sugar from alcohol with mounds of the damned stuff. I piled on weight to the point I went to Slimming World. I was fat............there's no other word for it. Giving up the sweet treats was a doddle............but the cheese oh how I missed my cheese. I was allowed the teeniest tiniest bit of cheese a day so I gave it all up for a year or so it took me to get back to where I wasn't a walking blob.
                              IMHO if its causing harm to body and mind then its an addiction. I've a friend who's daughter has a melt-down if she misses her daily gym session. Her entire world revolves around the gym. While her body is beautiful her mind is in bits.

Spoke to my SIL last night and our lovely 21 year old niece has bulimia and anorexia. Trouble is no-one had cottoned on.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning to you all.
                                Alcohol tastes like cleaning products. I used to put sweet cordial in it to get it down. I only drank to check out.g

I do put her on speaker Mers. Then I fold washing and clean and paint things. Get loads done. But towards the end it sounds like this: Ah roolly thunkwashud gesh t'getha Cous. Ah'll driiiiiive an meecha haf way uppa coastsh. We ken go shoppen an shtay somma nice. KNowa nice place HEY! we shud get t'getha ina middla tha coash wan time.

That does sound like a poxy morn you're having there Molly. Bloody cars.

I've got a teeny little car now, with a seat for me and one for pupper just like Satzy and Rosie-bum.

Hey JC, how are the newly weds?

Is anyone watching Succession? I'm just about to launch.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X