October Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Thank you all for your kind wishes. As I said to Jackie - it feels like many, many more than 4 years. I feel that my addicted life is so very far in the past. I feel good, even on bad days. I feel a contentment that I never had before. It's as if I can handle anything life throws at me. It's a great feeling - a combination of freedom and strength. I know that all of you who are also living the sober life know what I mean. Thanks again for helping me celebrate!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Nice one Stirly..well done!
      At work on phone will post later xx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Jesus Molls - I thought I was bad. What time you working till ? I finished at 8pm

Not sure it's right that ol wans like us are going to work 'till 8 of an evening & the men sitting at home.
        Did I get that memo ?

Comment

HAH!! Home now - oh I love my late shift - much nicer than regular 9-5 all the time - have the mornings to myself.. yes well done Stirls - the years are clocking up for sure!
          Not much news - the 'renovations' have started in the library - it is SHOCKING -- appalling mess - it's like something out of 2001 Space Odyssey -- and to think we lost all our books for that -- even the builders were laughing at it... well it's not my party... they can do what they like - I give up!!! tbh I think architects should be put down as a breed!

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
            I feel good, even on bad days. I feel a contentment that I never had before.
            [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] pity you couldn't bottle that feeling & sell it - we'd all be millionaires. ( the rest of us by association of course )

Yes I know contentment now.
            I remember noticing Molls' signature in the early days "contentedly sober since ....." and wondering about it. Contentment didn't seem to be something I was experiencing - so it really struck a chord. Thanks Molls.

Comment

[QUOTE=mollyka;1771182]HAH!! Home now - oh I love my late shift - much nicer than regular 9-5 all the time [QUOTE]

I do too - and I 'specially like working Sunday - never my favourite day of the week ....

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] pity you couldn't bottle that feeling & sell it - we'd all be millionaires. ( the rest of us by association of course )

Yes I know contentment now.
                I remember noticing Molls' signature in the early days "contentedly sober since ....." and wondering about it. Contentment didn't seem to be something I was experiencing - so it really struck a chord. Thanks Molls.
                Crikey - I haven't looked at my signature in a really long time (didn't realise that I'm 5and a half years off cigarettes either!!) and it just hit me - that I sort of lost that contentment for a while - I needed to get back to basics.. and I did and I'm really glad I did cos yeah - feel a bit like that again... or as Joe says most days 'I'm living the dream':applouse:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  I do too - and I 'specially like working Sunday - never my favourite day of the week ....
                  I would LOVE to work Sundays -- always hated them.. but I work every second Sat and love that.. but I like my proper weekends too which I have this week -- working tomorrow.. and meeting my roomie from Aiseirí for lunch in town on Saturday --- really looking forward to a good old catch up
                  Last edited by mollyka; October 10, 2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Do we need another amnesty for the AWOL troops. ???
                    Mostly men it has to be said ....... OY men people get on here :rant: & tell us how yous are ...
                    + Starty ???
                    + Mrs A

If you drank or are still drinking and waiting to be sober before posting that is MENTAL in my opinion.
                    If you didn't drink but just find us all boring as feck - that's fair enough too ....
                    Time is invested by the few on here who, it has to be said, are all sober ..... there really is not much point is there ........ no-one to dole out words of wisdom to :haha:?

But we are friends now so we will continue to chat - maybe someday - someone who is struggling will find like I did, the chatting to be an eye opener as to the 'contented' life they too could have.
                    Last edited by satz123; October 10, 2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Ah [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]! Well done to you!
                      You have been a fantastically positive can-do ambassador for all all things sober :heartbeat:
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hi All
                        A BIG CONGRATS TO STIRLY. 4 YEARS!!!

Always great to see our members living the AF life and enjoying what they worked hard for
                        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Good morning Ladies (and to any gents who may be lurking!)

This made me laugh - hope at least it makes you smile.....

Some people you will never meet....jpg

Wishing you all a great day!!!!
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning all..still on phone so keeping it brief..off to work..hope you feel brighter today Jackie xx

Comment

Morning,
                              Much better, Molls, ta for asking.
                              What a difference a day makes ......the man that can is still here should have finished yesterday but Mr JC's got the morning off (he's got work he can do from home) so I can escape for a few hours.
                              [MENTION=6034]caysea[/MENTION].............lovely to see you.
                              Must run.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning to you all.
                                and
                                CONGRATULATIONS STIRLY ON FOUR WONDERFUL YEARS!

Reading back!
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X