Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Evening All,

Social media training today. Very good actually. Apparently we are all to ''curate'' our social media these days, so there's a concept for you.

I had the mother of all drinking dreams last night and it was exhausting. They are always so real and so devastating. By the time I woke up this morning I was pretty sure I'd been out all night drinking and traipsing off with strange men. Strange phenomenon.

York and Bath - both beautiful places indeed.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

oh lord - don't think we do liver nowadays (tho I have to say I love lambs liver with crispy bacon and onion gravy) - not for breakfast anyhows!!

Main differences are the haggis in Scotland (tho only had in posh hotels - wonder is it 'normal') the baked beans in England and I s'pose our brown bread is pretty great... we do good black and white pudding as well - as did they in Wales when we went there in August... but basically as Jackie says - it's just a great big conglomerate of grease ;-) Much rather the continental options these days - cheese, olives, croissants sort of thing!

It's hard to take the blame (our generation) Jackie - we may not have lived through the war and the Hitler era etc... however almost all of us our parents or grandparents certainly did. I would find it very strange if as a generation we were voting in these 'rightest' people.... but look - we shouldn't talk politics - I get that - but as I work in the public service I am disallowed from expressing opinions so just sometimes I need to just blast off!!!!

No puddle on floor this morn - so now Joe thinks it's fixed... oh dear... Lorenzo is knocking on our door! Think the puddle could grow
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        Evening All,

Social media training today. Very good actually. Apparently we are all to ''curate'' our social media these days, so there's a concept for you.

I had the mother of all drinking dreams last night and it was exhausting. They are always so real and so devastating. By the time I woke up this morning I was pretty sure I'd been out all night drinking and traipsing off with strange men. Strange phenomenon.

York and Bath - both beautiful places indeed.
        Curate?? what the feck does that mean?
        I look at them with disdain when they want us to do the social media training -- what I know - I know - and I don't want to know anymore -- load of shite - TWITTER??? If it's good enough for Trump - it sure ain't good enough for me:congratulatory:

I haven't had drinking dreams in a while - but I've had one or two where I'm back in treatment -- pretty horrible

Comment

I'm going to leave you all a more Australian breakfast. We'll be having fruit and some sourdough bread, tomato, yoghurt. No organ meat. Loads of tea and coffee.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            I'm going to leave you all a more Australian breakfast. We'll be having fruit and some sourdough bread, tomato, yoghurt. No organ meat. Loads of tea and coffee.
            Now THAT'S my sort of breakfast!!! LOVE sourdough bread!! Night Bridge - sleep tight - just bracing myself for the next chapter that is our very rocky Irish rugby team

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Curate?? what the feck does that mean?
              I look at them with disdain when they want us to do the social media training -- what I know - I know - and I don't want to know anymore -- load of shite - TWITTER??? If it's good enough for Trump - it sure ain't good enough for me:congratulatory:

I haven't had drinking dreams in a while - but I've had one or two where I'm back in treatment -- pretty horrible
              Funny you should say about Trump. The first thing we saw on Twitter was something about him implicating Nikelback in one of his piss-takes???? God, it was bizarre. But that's going to be the reality of my future work so may as well get across it.

Molly, drinking dreams are utterly terrifying. I continued to have them very occasionally for years after I stopped drinking. I'd rather have a falling dream.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Only ever have the cooked breakfast when away in hotel, the smell is amazing. Good night Bridget, like the sound of your Aussie breakfast . Sleep tight and no drinking dreams, horrible things but the relief when you wake up fully and realize it was only a dream.

Hope your leak is fixed Molly. Getting ready for Lorenzo, looks like the west will get the worst of it. Did extra long walk this morning in case we do not get out tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                  horrible things but the relief when you wake up fully and realize it was only a dream.
                  Agreed Rustytop - horrible - but a stark reminder of how we were and how we won't go back. If we do we're :nutso:
                  In fact I think the relief is worth it - like taking off a tight pair of shoes - ahhhhhh!! and breathe ....
                  And apart from drinking dreams I have YS and his ongoing battle to remind me. It does remind me daily 'cos the lies, made up stories and hidden bottles etc are what I did too.
                  His sister has offered to pay for rehab - round 2 - when he's ready and only then. He said 'NO' I can do this. He can't.
                  Another job started last week - gone this week - he doesn't know I know but continues to brazen it out by saying he goes to work each day. So sad - such a waste of talent & his youth. He will be 40 in 2 years.
                  He has lost every friend & girlfriend he ever had.

Morning all else - off to read back further ......
                  Last edited by satz123; October 3, 2019, 05:59 AM. Reason: Shit spelling

Comment

Dog talk alert :
                    I 'commissioned' ( posh) an animal art painter to paint Rosie as a surprise gift for MrS for Christmas
                    Rosie is a squirmy divil and we're crap photo takers - so the artist was able to come up with this from a load of crap photos.

Rosie painting.jpg
                    Last edited by satz123; October 3, 2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

flying -- car needs service -- right our union is APPALLING -- an absolute joke -- a disgrace.. will do nothing - and something SHOULD be done -- they (I'm not s'posed to say this - but hey ho -- anonymity wha??) instructed us to 'dispose' of maybe 200k worth of books - to make space for glass 'rooms' for people to conduct business in.. and more -- it is an absolute travesty and I cried bitter tears last November when the purge was on...………#
                      talk later xx
                      The F*ckers !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        .that is if he can get to the library in the 2 hours a week its open on a Saturday.
                        We don't have a late-night any more. Its shut two days a week, part-time two days and 9-5 pm the other two days.
                        The big city library which used to basically open all hours is cut its hours to 9-5. Monday to Saturday. Its empty apart from the coffee shop.
                        Whatever our city council is spending our hideously high council taxes on its not public amenities.
                        Oh, btw that was my rant from the other day.
                        d'ya know - you look at the culture of a country and the things that we should be proud of... I s'pose with Britain it was always the empire and the industrial era how they outstripped most of the world with technology - with America - they were the policemen of the world... they were free and all encompassing... Ireland - we always pride ourselves on our literature and our authors - our playwrights......……………......……...… ……….. none of these things seem to count anymore.... now it is crass - and money --- and supremacy -- and it makes me sick - our world isn't very nice at the moment - and the Right (as in wing) are bursting through everywhere - even in places like Austria and Hungary - where they really really should know better

that's my rant for tonight - and now we have a burst something in our kit hen - with a mini-leak on the floor and Joe has gone into a decline - so I'm going to bed!!!

NIGHT ALL xx
                        Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Tbh with the world as it is today saddens my heart. What are we leaving the generations to come?
                        Now girls I believe this is why we have Brexit. Culture the British loves being eroded ?
                        How can I put this : emm with the free 'movement' of people these days culture & tradition get diluted. Sometimes good - sometimes bad.
                        What we hold dear is not important to others.
                        The question is do we accept diversity ( good & bad) or not.

Or are we just old cranky cows :haha:

Comment

Oh I love multi- culture society...it's the outright HATRED of same that I despise...truly!!

Comment

Oh I love multi- culture society...it's the outright HATRED of same that I despise...truly!!
                            Me too, the majority of our family and my kids and their friends and our friends and their friends.
                            Oh and ban the shagging Daily Mail and Nigel Farrage.
                            Last edited by JackieClaire; October 3, 2019, 01:54 PM.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And breath................

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........how did you get her to sit still long enough Its so sweet.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............now that's the brekkie I'd like. Tbh a full brekkie whichever country it comes from makes me need a two-hour nap after.
                              I'm at the dentist before we take off over the Pennines just for a check-up but I know fine well I'll need a mouthful and bank account full of treatment. Mr JC will be with me tomorrow but could you do a bit of handholding from about the end of next week 'til Chrimbo when he's at work.

Can't remember the last time I had a drinking dream but one that stands out (8 years or so ago) was about vodka. It came out of the bottle slower than treacle and my mother was pouring it. Where's Freud when you need him?
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me too Molls but the point is ..... if we embrace different cultures - some things will have to give to make way for new cultures & integration.
                                e.g. If you're an immigrant to Ireland and there are 100s of thousands, chances are you are trying to scrape a living. The least of your worries is whether Irish books are being retained for posterity.
                                So without a bottomless pit of money - some things we deem important get pushed down the list when it comes to funding.
                                I agree with you though - it is very sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X