Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October Army Thread 2019

Late check in.
    The hotel is unfortunately 'between' chefs.....luckily someone's cooking Avery good brekkie. There's a pub what serves very decent grub just across the road.i
    We've just been reading, watching rugby and world athletics. We've had an amble round the neighbourhood
    Just nice to have some one else cook for 3 days and I'm not waiting for the next work person to show up.
    Will have a trip into main Carlisle tomorrow.
    Take for the sweety, Bridgeeeee.
    Molls, the car is sulking because it been fiddled about with.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night Molly and everyone else. Must put that on my list. Went to see Downton last week , sweet but definitely a chick flick. Horrible evening here again. Picking daughter up from airport early tomorrow morning so going to have an early night.

Comment

Morning campers.
        I knew you'd sniff out a good breaky somewhere JC. I must have a Google of the area. You like Scotland, don't you?

I'm off to visit an ailing cousin in a lovely part of the world. There are also good homewares shops in the area. I'm sensing a vodka plant purchase. Will check in this evening.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sounds lovely Bridge, you flying or driving?
          Safe trip to you too [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. hope the weather is better than here. Escaped the rain for our last long run (before the marathon) but its been coming down all afternoon.
          Lovely food last night, but i couldnt stay too late.

X post earlier Molly about deciding to become sober. My head was melted for years as I battled with my brain about whether I did or didnt have a problem, theres always someone worse that can validate your drinking. Very glad I dont have to go through that again.
          Maybe something will click with Joes mate..

How long is your daughter home for Rustop?

Full house of cousins here.. My turn for bed. Night all.. (dont wake me up before 9 please).
          Last edited by IamMary; October 5, 2019, 06:02 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] GERRUP !!!

Comment

She said 9:welldone:
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning! Mr Grumpy goin out on his bike for the day so bit of peace.....seriously tho....when one thing goes wrong seems like everything does! Poxy new windows acting up now!
                What's everyone's plans? And how was the haggis Jackie...is Cumbria in Scotland?
                Still in bed.. I will arise shortly
                Last edited by mollyka; October 6, 2019, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                  Morning! Mr Grumpy goin out on his bike for the day so bit of peace.....seriously tho....when one thing goes wrong seems like everything does! Poxy new windows acting up now!
                  What's everyone's plans? And how was the haggis Jackie...is Cumbria in Scotland?
                  Still in bed.. I will arise shortly
                  That there is the Law of Attraction - focus negatively on the leak then everything similar will follow - :egad:
                  My plan Molls is to get out of the bed soon & go to shaggin' work.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    She said 9:welldone:
                    :harhar: Molls anyone feckin running miles & miles & miles in the rain deserves all they get

Comment

Ok dilemma for you all to consider : answers on a postcard .....

My brother's daughter - an adult - age 34 - was stealing pension from her grandmother - my mother - 2 years ago. Cleared her out until we installed a camera to find the culprit.
                      Eventually, as I predicted, myself & my sister ended up being the baddies because we outed her - not publically but to brother 2 who told brother 1
                      His wife has been avoiding us since then & has not spoken to us or been in the same company - though shame apparently. My brother is short snappy & sometimes rude to just us two on family WhatsApp group.

So ..... brother 1's wife now her brother has died - was our next door neighbours back home in the day when we were kids -
                      Do I turn up at the funeral ?

Mr S is bullying me to go - 'cos in his eyes you always go to a funeral .....
                      He's never held a grudge in his life ..... but .......
                      Last edited by satz123; October 6, 2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

You're asking the wrong one...I've said from the time of the row I won't go to my sister's funerals...Just NO the 'excuse' I would give to myself is that her children can grieve in peace without me turning up..so...as I say - you asking the wrong one..I'm sure the nicer peeps on here will give you better advice xx

Comment

The difference in your case is that you and your sister are 100% in the right... appalling thing to do - and they all should have been making reparations to both your mum and the family for the upset instead of going all thick.
                          Whereas to the best of my knowledge I didn't 'do' anything wrong when mum was ill and they were horrible - other than stand up for mum -- but I WAS drinking at the time... and maybe I did say stuff I shouldn't have... I genuinely don't know and at this stage don't want to know - and one of my sisters in particular was totally vile so no guilts about her anyway -- but... you know --- I'm not sure... just seems to me funerals are fraught anyway -- why add to that? Now I shall butt out ;-)

Comment

Afternoon all. I’m with Molly. As I get older have given up all attempts at keeping up appearances. If you don’t feel like going don’t bother, that’s my two pence worth.

Daughter home for a few days and today is her birthday. Nice lunch out, she’s meeting up with friends later. Stuffed, feet up, think I’ll crochet for a while.

Comment

Just a quickie......Cumbria.....3rd biggest county in England. There's a heap more on Wikipedia. Tbh didn't know it was that huge.
                              Satz, will say more tomorrow from home . It's a no to going from me.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; October 6, 2019, 02:25 PM.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                :harhar: Molls anyone feckin running miles & miles & miles in the rain deserves all they get
                                Fecking hilarious so you are!

On the funeral.. as much as I agree with the others about not being bothered appeasing people the older I get, its probably for that reason I would go. If they continue to be awkward and rude, well thats their problem, life is really way too short for this behaviour - rise above it. This man was your neighbour too, Id pay my respects and have no regrets.
                                But thats me.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X