November 2019: International Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 2019: International Army

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].........you must have look. Its like American football but without helmets and the razzamatazz.
    Saying that we lost :sad: but to a better team.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........its arrogance. I wish I could get the woman who 12 stepped me twice she let me have it no bars held ............I'll let herloose on him a few of her thoughts. I hated her with a vengeance at the time..........we're the best buddies these days.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - that is really sweet what you said about my Mom. Things have been getting harder here. Not harder exactly but more hands on care is needed. But, she still has her sense of humor. This afternoon she was laughing and talking in short, complete sentences. That is not how it usually is anymore. We have been really blessed thru all of this. Mom has retained her loving personality.
      I am glad that you were in tune with your Dad when he used the doing 'fine' line on you. Sometimes you just get so used to saying fine that you don't even know how to ask for help. :heartbeat:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You might want to give it a try, Mr G. Women love men who knit :wink:

Comment

X-post, Nora. I’m sorry it is tougher. I so admire you. I find it hard for 2 days. xx

Comment

Jude - I agree that it is so scary how it only takes a moment to chuck away our sobriety. Just that split second. We do not keep alcohol in the house thank goodness.

Molly - I also use that playing it forward. But, I still wouldn't have enjoyed being surrounded by alcohol for 5 days.

That is why I really appreciate having a new home base here. :yay: It helps so much having a place to come where people understand.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NS is right Mr G. You better pick up those knitting needles.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                I bet he's a knitter and favours tight pink shirts......

(not that there's anything wrong with that).
                :hahaha:

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                  Jude - I agree that it is so scary how it only takes a moment to chuck away our sobriety. Just that split second. We do not keep alcohol in the house thank goodness.

Molly - I also use that playing it forward. But, I still wouldn't have enjoyed being surrounded by alcohol for 5 days. .
                  Nora. I am surrounded by alcohol any time I go out. Most of my weekend was spent in a pub ...... but it means nothing to me now. I enjoy what I can of the night - then I'm off.
                  Looking at them just strengthens my resolve - the eyes darting - wondering when the next drink is coming. Not able to drink it when it comes. It's a mug's game.

At the end of the night I was able to stand up & say "I'm going now - anyone who wants a lift back to the hotel - get a move on" - God I love it !! :haha:
                  Last edited by satz123; November 2, 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

Snigger.

No time for crafts any more. He actually does some very manly man researchy stuff with fabulous gizmos and space people, Mr G. People never seem to be put off by his leather pants, net shirt and handlebar moustache. He just tips his leather cap at the ladeez and sachets on. Wonder why he hasn't jumped me yet lease:

Arrogance for sure Molly. At the moment I've got the whole defensive 'nobody is taking this away from me this time' thing going on but that's not the only thing we need for the long haul. A big fat strategy is required. The further I go the more I realise that I know Feck All.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Arrogance for sure Molly. At the moment I've got the whole defensive 'nobody is taking this away from me this time' thing going on but that's not the only thing we need for the long haul. A big fat strategy is required. The further I go the more I realise that I know Feck All.[/QUOTE]

Good night Bridget and morning everyone else. Very true and agree with Satz, alcohol is everywhere here but oh the freedom of being able to drive away, nearly as good as a unhungover Sunday morning.

Delighted your Mom still has her sweet nature Nora. Isn’t this a wonderful resource to have. Bet you never knew when posting your every day stuff that it was helping someone else like No Sugar.

Two airport runs to do today. Daughter and boyfriend arriving back from holiday this morning and dropping himself off this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        Snigger.

No time for crafts any more. He actually does some very manly man researchy stuff with fabulous gizmos and space people, Mr G. People never seem to be put off by his leather pants, net shirt and handlebar moustache. He just tips his leather cap at the ladeez and sachets on. Wonder why he hasn't jumped me yet lease:

Arrogance for sure Molly. At the moment I've got the whole defensive 'nobody is taking this away from me this time' thing going on but that's not the only thing we need for the long haul. A big fat strategy is required. The further I go the more I realise that I know Feck All.
                        Morning all!!

House to myself - for an hour maybe... oh god I complicate myself - I want people to like me and family to love me - but at a distance:egad:

Well I think that there are some things we need to grasp from Day 1 -- we all know them - #1 we must not drink today #2 (IMO!!) we must accept that we are powerless over alcohol when we have had the 1st drink (or maybe 2nd - you get my drift)

But I do think we are learning till the day we die - I'm sure folks in AA with 25+ years sobriety would agree - and the day we stop learning is the day we stop putting the work in.. and it's not all about lifting the glass - it's how to make life as wonderful as we can without our previous life-long crutch...
                        Last edited by mollyka; November 3, 2019, 06:20 AM.
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Another friend proudly boasting 35 years sober on FB. Wow, he must have been in his early twenties when he quit.
                          As far as the first drink goes, I won't do it. I don't know when I lose control, but it's not after the first drink or maybe even the third, but at sometime after that, it all goes out the window.
                          I don't know. And that's what scares me the most. So I'm not even going to tempt it. I'm sure I'd be fine with one (not!), but again, as someone said here, what's the point of just one.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

I'd knit with him anyday!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
                              Another friend proudly boasting 35 years sober on FB. Wow, he must have been in his early twenties when he quit.
                              As far as the first drink goes, I won't do it. I don't know when I lose control, but it's not after the first drink or maybe even the third, but at sometime after that, it all goes out the window.
                              I don't know. And that's what scares me the most. So I'm not even going to tempt it. I'm sure I'd be fine with one (not!), but again, as someone said here, what's the point of just one.
                              Speaking about myself Mr V -- and that's all - just myself - and also from my experience.. I was a yoyo drinker for years... what you said there highlighted would be really REALLY dangerous for me.. If I thought I could drink 3 or more without getting into some sort of difficulty of decision making or a fuck it moment - I would have a window.... a very dangerous window - cos yeah - after a short while of abstinence ( a couple of weeks even) I would get a mighty aul buzz out of 3 drinks - so if I thought I could stop … why would I NOT drink at that wedding/birthday/funeral/Christmas? I remember starting a 'moderation' experiment.. we were in a posh hotel and sat having a posh dinner with a lovely big glass of wine.... and it did me just fine.... went to bed with a grand buzz... and I was able to do that for months.. literally months -- yeah - ok the 'one' escalated to 'two' or 'three' -- but until from Feb to Oct.. all was fine.. and then it so wasn't fine.... by December I was booked into treatment... so no - I cannot give myself a window.. but as I say - that's just me!
                              Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                              I'd knit with him anyday!
                              Who wouldn't JudeyQ:yay:
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

It's the first drink for me,I've done the whole"I'm just gonna take it easy" game and only bought a few,after the first drink(which I'd drink slowly) all bets were off and I'd chug the little bit I've bought and drive to the gas station for my fix with my brain thinking I've already started why stop? I remember NS telling me to dump the rest and I thought she was insane! So yea none is best for me,hope all have a fabulous day
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X