Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 2019: International Army

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]
    One of my PhDs is presenting his stalk that day!
    Stalk- well that's a new word for it - Oh er Mrs (snigger)

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION] ... Welcome back Starts :hug: & I'd say you had great craic with Oney - mad as a box of frogs!
    Not being nosey but just interested Oney was moderating the last I heard ? How is that going for her ? I DO believe it can be done by some.
    but ......not me I'm afraid
    I couldn't do it. Tried all those years ago in Australia & again in Greece - and was a complete failure.
    The OZ trip I was sober 6 months. It was just a matter of a few hours not days & I was off again. Starting in the airport bar :egad: and carried on for the whole holiday. That was when my DD decided to confront me & my drinking. I was highly insulted by it - claiming I was in control - hadn't I proved that by being sober for 6 months ?
    I think ,more than anything, the family making judgement on me - while drinking beer themselves - drove me to get & stay sober again as soon as I came back..... "I'll show them "& I did. :yay:
    Last edited by satz123; November 6, 2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] hope you are feeling better today. :hug: Those days hit us and takes a while to come around.
      Be nice to yourself - go buy something nice. A new coat - gorgeous 'teddy bear' coats around this year. Snuggle into it....
      Last edited by satz123; November 6, 2019, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Hope that your day is getting brighter Molly. :sendflowers:The weather here is very drab indeed, and it always puts a damper on things. We're supposed to get a few inches of snow tomorrow and Friday, which will actually brighten up the landscape somewhat.

Waves from New York to the rest of the International Army gang!

Comment

Kept Mr. JC busy by getting him to change a couple of picture frames..............twice. Parking's a bit of a chore so kept him busy for a couple of hours then went and looked at flooring. Tomorrow I'm going to get him to dig the garden over for the winter.
          Rang the blind fitter man he's arriving the same time with some samples on Friday and the kitchen fitters doing something with a fault in one of the worktops at the same time.

If my life gets any more exciting I'll need a month in a sanitarium for bewildered housewives.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night everyone. You will have a little palace in the end JC, nearly there. Hope you feeling better today Molly. Spent the day catching up on things in the house. Feet up watching crap tv.

Comment

Home.. probably just missed you at the airport Rustop.

LOVE the new Army forum, its great having everyone, took me ages to read back

Horrendous jet lag today. This is the closest thing to a hangover that I've had in years, without the anxious waiting for a decent hour to start drinking again.
              Same as Pauly, the idea of drinking a glass of wine again, sends my brain straight to the next glass and the one after that. 1 drink always left me wanting.

Sounds like a great weekend in Bath [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].. and look at you with all your milestones now!!

Bridge, nothing like a good work crush :heartbeat:
              Last edited by IamMary; November 6, 2019, 05:56 PM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                Proper good morning now.
                The fireworks were still going off at 11pm. Again I wish someone would just get rid of every single one. They're a complete waste of money, they aren't the old fashioned quick whizz, bang and if I meet the person who was about a street away I shall show them exactly where I'd like to put them.
                Here here JC. None of that when in the US last week, no ridiculous bomb fires with the fire crew rushed off their feet. A few people mentioned that we were lucky the kids were not around, big drinking night here too..
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I have a bunch of fireworks for sale. If interested please call me on 1-800-BIG-BANG. Thanks!
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

JC - things get crazy around here with the firecrackers for several weeks in June & July (must celebrate 4th of July by trying to blow things up) and then again for a few weeks around New Years. So loud that it even Mom can hear it. Ha ha
                    Anyway, makes me crazy with those explosions going off!
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      I have a bunch of fireworks for sale. If interested please call me on 1-800-BIG-BANG. Thanks!
                      DO you have after pay?
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

See below!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; November 6, 2019, 11:25 PM.
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just trying to put a photo of my tiny green house here for @stirlygirly

I'm astonished at the amount I managed to produce in just 6 weeks in this tiny green house but I'm still keen to get a bigger walk-in affair

greeenhouse1.jpg

Greenhouse.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all!

Satzy, Oney has been completely sober for 8 months now. She says she will never ever drink again and I believe her. She never drank much but even those 2 glasses per night affected her badly and she is done with it now. She is doing great all round I reckon. Her business is going very well and the family are happy and as mental as she is

I absolutely do not believe moderation would work for me, not that I have ever tried it. I either drink or I dont. Its the constant thoughts about it that kill me. If I drink I am forever thinking about the next one. I dont get hangovers per se but I do get the constant below par, anxious, addictive thoughts that lead me to believe I need to drink to feel OK. It is absolutely ridiculous as it affects every thought and feeling and not in a good way. I have been through some horrible stuff this year and although most of it has been sober, the bits that weren't were certainly not improved by drinking. I am so done with it now.

Job share girl has now handed in her notice after a horrible few months where the team have decided they do not like her. Another team member has also resigned saying its because of her. It has made my life very difficult. I like her a lot and she is good at her job but with so many ego's in the team it has made it very awkward. No idea what the future holds for me as I cannot do the whole job part time. I am off this week so who knows what I will go back to.

Mary, did you have a fab time in NY?

Bridge, loving your green house. I am not a gardener but I wish I was, My garden needs an overhaul and its stressing me out a bit. I did some yesterday and it hardly made a dent in it with weeds etc. Ended up with dirty nails and cut fingers

Comment

Morning from the UK.
                              Yet another man that can doing our bedroom door. It doesn't shut so Mr JC & his pal are up there with their toolboxes doing stuff with planers, saws and things that make a hell of a row.
                              [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].......as much as I love you, I'll pass on the fireworks.
                              [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION].............so jealous of your little roots. It feels like a millemium 'til ours get started.
                              [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].........I've bitten the bullet and phoned a gardener. I just want the garden tidied and dug over. Its a quagmire out there and I'm not risking Mr JC's hips for anything.
                              The job thing let the big bosses do what and they're paid probably a packet more than you.
                              Have you ever thought of a change?

Once the excitement of the pair of them playing with their various tools upstairs we're off our annual buying crap from IKEA.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Love the green house Bridget! We're heading into winter here, and it's nice to see some greenery!
                                I'm not a fan of fireworks and neither are my dogs. Every 4th of July we have to visit the local drug dealer, (the vets) and pick up enough pills to put the anxious beasts in the proper frame of mind. Soon they are sluggish, drooling masses of fur, and could care less about the pops, hisses and booms going on around them. (Kinda like me back when I was drinking)
                                We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow today.....so glad that I don't have to drive anywhere!

Have a great day all!

Comment

Working...
                                X