Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 2019: International Army

All Joe ever gets are pinslease:
    Anyway..NS I reckon that clown called Trump has 'infected' much of the world and the right wing filth are gaining traction..so very appalling how we don't learn from history...sad beyond sad.
    Thanks again folks for listening to my ramblings..a night babysitting has put my world back in kilter...that's what's important...family..the rest is just to earn money xx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] I think the opposite and think he's very happy in his life surrounded by yes-men,wealth,priveledge and greed he's just too goddam arrogant to care about humanity and those he sees "beneath" him
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

(sorry for the political talk if it bothers any of you) i forgot about Mad cow too BTW I remember being so scared of beef back then!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I thought that ban was lifted ages ago - I looked it up, and it was only lifted last month for Ireland. So Im good to give blood again..

Rant away all. We passed trump tower last week in NY and my husband decided he needed to do a 'Trump dump'. At least his facilities were useful, if extremely garish.

Jet lag was not great [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. quite like a hangover. Tired, dehydrated, cranky and an urge to eat crap.
          Why did we drink again??
          Last edited by IamMary; November 8, 2019, 06:15 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
            my husband decided he needed to do a 'Trump dump'. At least his facilities were useful, if extremely garish.
            LOVE IT!!! :haha:

Comment

Morning all!

Work stress is the worst. I really feel your pain Molly x

Love the trump dump scenario. About all he is good for I think

Despite the eye debacle I have had a lovely week off and got to do lots of walking and tidying of the garden. Even included digging which impressed me considering new hip is only 4 months old. I was worried about taking time off with nothing much to do (was supposed to be recovering from eye surgery) but I have really enjoyed it, got loads done and feel relaxed. Eternally grateful that I was not chemist hopping or feeling flat and tired from drinking. Today I have been out for a lovely walk and about to go out for another one. Deal done with Mr S that I will walk other dog if he puts air in my tyres for me :haha:

Comment

Morning and its a quickie as we've got a dozen and a half things to do today as we want to get to the Remembrance Service in town tomorrow............also Lidl have got £10 off if you spend £40.
                [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].............ooh if you're up for a bit of digging that gardener I rang the other day never got back.........I'll pay.

Back in a very longish bit.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all !
                  Reading back and enjoying the rants about everything.
                  * First well done Mers on the marathon - and what did you bring me back from NY ????
                  * Fab greenhouse Bridge - great to be able to grow your own from seedlings.
                  Molls that ol cow in work. I can totally empathise cos I had that ol bitch that made my life hell for 12 months. The only thing ill say is that what goes around - comes around & everything comes out eventually. Give her enough rope & she'll end up hanging herself.....

I'm typing this one-handed as Rosie has decided to lie right across me and use my other arm as a cushion for her head. i'm not waking her cos then she'll want to play - and i'm too tired ... zzzzzz
                  JC the 'Mansion' must be ready for guided bus tours by now?

Comment

The 'Devil next Door' on Netflix - documentary on a Nazi living in US - now there's evil . Covers over 30 years trying to prove him guilty. Didn't really get ever him ..... bastard.
                    Last edited by satz123; November 9, 2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

I'm typing this one-handed as Rosie has decided to lie right across me and use my other arm as a cushion for her head. i'm not waking her cos then she'll want to play - and i'm too tired ... zzzzzz
                      Wonder who runs that house?
                      Reading back!
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning All,
                        I still can't give blood here because of the whole mad cow thing. I lived right in the middle of the affected area but at the time I was a lactose intolerant vegetarian. Obvs I was meant to live and go on to be an alcoholic. I doubt the ban will ever be lifted here because of the way we are. Canberra is notoriously cautious about all medical/drug related measures.

Last night I took my alcohol free wine over the road for a BBQ. First really social thing since quitting.

Things I enjoyed: There was a nice fire pit. AMAZING back garden and the best entertainment area that I have ever seen. Hostess is my friend and her taste in decor is astonishingly good. Garden is superb. Enjoyed the first hour of catching up before things got absurd. There was a nice dog to play with.

Things I did not enjoy: When things got absurd. People touching other people's boobs etc and thinking it was hilarious. Repetitive jokes that weren't funny. Waiting for the first people to leave so that I could go too. Mindless grazing on rubbish food. Missed out on sleep and Netflix. Some idiot called Steve who kept saying "I'm never having a relationship again and you shouldn't either Bridget":crying: I don't know Steve btw.

Wouldn't want their heads this morning.

3 year old birthday for the neice today followed by "drinks" tonight. I'm delivering a case of wine which was donated to me weeks ago and has sat gathering dust in an unused room. Their livers can have it.
                        Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; November 9, 2019, 02:41 PM.
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

at the time I was a lactose intolerant vegetarian.
                          Have you recovered from this Bridge ? :haha:

And I fully get the bullshit at these drinking gatherings. How did you escape eventually ?
                          And WHY do people not realise what we are being subjected to. The closest I got was my SIL saying the morning after one night in the pub in Dingle "how do you do it ? I couldn't do it - listen to bullshit all night while sober"
                          Now, my daughter told me later that SIL had 'The Fear' ( where you go fishing next day to find out what the feck you said - 'cos you can't remember a thing.)
                          So she was apparently sussing me out to see if I'd say what bullshit she had spouted....

EDIT : I believe now that one of the reasons I drank so much & finally became alcoholic - is that most people in that kind of social setting are just basically BORING as FECK and alcohol eased the pain for years.
                          Last edited by satz123; November 9, 2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                            Wonder who runs that house?
                            Rosie does. We have her a year this month and our whole lives seem to revolve around her :haha:

Comment

EDIT : I believe now that one of the reasons I drank so much & finally became alcoholic - is that most people in that kind of social setting are just basically BORING as FECK and alcohol eased the pain for years.
                              Hi Global warriors,

This is an innashnal fi....finn....ph....phenomena Satz. All too common from what i've experienced over time. And time just passes doesn't it as we ignorantly allow ourselves to be frozen, preserved in that decade or period. Booze eases the pain, the frustration, or the discomfort of actually getting off our arses and going for our best life, as yet another numbed/dumbed down week passes. I am so glad that circus has left town along with the monkeys. Better late than never in my case.

Jonesy and Pavati. I was living in London for a year in i think 1990, so i wonder if any of us bumped into each other on some hazy evening? Or maybe a brief glance across a carriage on the tube.....Reckon i saw Starty on the number 19 bus at Angel station.

Wishing all a peaceful, relaxing weekend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yes, probably helped progress it, but would everyone here have noticed a subtle difference from the beginning. Teen years or early 20s.. always being 'up for pints'. Pretending to be a 'take or leave it' but that was a lie.

I have one of those social events too next week. Dreading it. 8 of us and most of them are booked into a hotel for the night. I have to go, because theres talk of a weekend away in the new year which I will definitely be unavailable for.

How are all the mam's doing [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] & [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]?
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X