December 2019: International Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: December 2019: International Army

Morning from the land of gales and rain.
    The trees are going up today. Got the big one in the living room and 3 mini ones for the conservatory. I was very crafty last year and just put the three little ones in binliners and kept their decorations on.
    I am looking forward to Chrimbo now............I've been wandering about with a fair bit of anxiety about it all for a few weeks but decided to get my big girl pants on and get it done.
    Tickets will be going on sale shortly for the annual shouting match.......just pay at the door.....ring side tickets although expensive do include a cup of tea and biscuits.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      I've been wandering about with a fair bit of anxiety about it all for a few weeks but decided to get my big girl pants on and get it done.
      I think that's the ticket, JC. I'll have to get my big girl pants out of the laundry...

Comment

Evening folks! Sorry for bein missing earlier.. d'ya know - I told one of my kids a yit of a porky yesterday - he asked my to mind my wee granddaughter today and I said I was going to get my hair cut... blatant lie -- couldn't sleep last night because I did that... felt absolutely awful - so rang him this morn and told him I was free for the day.. and I'm so glad I did that - I had a gorgeous day with her - she's hilarious anyway - and my conscience is somewhat salved.. but I can't do lies since my Aiseirí time... except to save peoples feelings as discussed here recently - I just couldn't stick to the selfish meanness … just so glad really.... but jesUS -- I am tired - I am actually worn out... so going to bed imminently but with a clear conscience PTL!!!!

How's everyone?
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening, Im with Pav on the Xmas cheer.. finding it really stressful this year, or at least Im letting it get stressful. Thanks all for the teenager advise, always good to hear that its normal. I may have lost the head a little bit too - this one keeps pushing.
          Great post Molly about drinking and kids. They do notice. [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], the fact that your asking about a 'signs' is telling, no change so? [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], did you get the back broken on the shopping? I think thats the most stressful. Once thats done I'll relax.

Club xmas party last night. Had a moment of self pity that I wasnt drinking pink gins and finding boring people interesting, but it passed. Crap sleep which was annoying, couldn't gloat.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

The state is still burning. 680 homes lost. I don't want to think too much about how many animals. That really does my head in.
            Shocking Bridge...

Comment

Very late check-in for me.
              Trees are up. Got a handy hint from one of my aunts years ago. The little trees I leave decorated and but them in bin liners, then in the loft. They're fake and the big tree in the living room is the only one we un-dress and have to do. I just finished faffing about around half an hour ago. Streamers and dangly thing are done.
              The F-word has been dropped more times than can be imagined and just one shouting..........'do it yerself, if yer so clever', one stomp upstairs and just two trips for more batteries. I'll call that a win.
              Of coure the thing that makes it all very nostalgic is Jenny was christened 3 weeks before Christmas (in fact 33 years ago yesterday) and the last thing to go on the tree is the little crib with baby that topped her christening cake goes on the big tree and we get all teary and soppy and decide we quite like each other again. :heartbeat:

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............we finished the Chrimbo pressie shopping yesterday.Now all I've got to do wrap all the beggars. Just his sister and family but I shoved that one in Mr. JC's lap.
              [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] ........isn't it strange that things we don't want to do turn out the best thing that happens.
              [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION]...............there's a hot chocolate on the kitchen top when you're done.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening All,
                It doesn't take much to shatter me any more Molly. Much less a great big mission around the shops.
                I've barely started with the shopping. Some unicorn ear phones for the neice and she helped me put the tree up yesterday. If it wasn't for having a three year old around I really couldn't be arsed with Xmas. Ho ho fecking ho, eh Satzy?

Don't know what made me think of this, but when he was little the boy wrote a story about me in his scripture book at school then drew a picture of me with long flowing hair and dress...and a massive frigging wine glass.
                That became my Christmas picture to hang on the fridge with disembodied baby Jesus air borne in the background, hovering just above what appeared to be a Vodka bottle and a plate of camembert cheese. I had a big leary smile on my face. Didn't go right into the school yard for months after that one.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Ahh Bridgee, perhaps it was communion wine and the camberert was actually a halo
                  We're done. Just the wrapping and a few gift tokens to get and my SIL buys what she wants and we give her the cash. I've been at it since September and honestly I'm on first name terms with half the delivery men.
                  After putting the decos and trees up yesterday my back has gone. If found please send to the usual PO Box.
                  Best pressie a near pefect condition vynal LP for Mr JC..........Foxtrot by Genesis.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Army!
                    Still plugging along over here. Had a rough few days emotionally, but I’m just kind of feeling the feelings and not looking for a way to drown them.
                    Did some yoga this morning. I am not good at it lol but glad I did it.
                    I’m feeling blah because I have gained quite a bit of weight and my clothes don’t fit. I really overdid the food and sugar when I quit Al!!
                    I’m also struggling with procrastination of cleaning and caring for my house. I have to practice doing things in the moment and not waiting until the last minute.
                    Well, I suppose it’s off to work for me!
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Evening Nursie and everyone else. Just in from work. I got in the habit of picking things up as I went along when my girls were small and I still do it. Outside lights up but nothing done inside, with the puppy it will be challenging!

I find breaking things down, doing a few thing at a time helps me not getting overwhelmed. Will miss Im a celebrity, need to find something else to watch. Hope the back is going to be ok JC.

Comment

Howdy folks... sorry was missing to day - took the day off cos still not feeling great... just exhaustion really -- nowt else -- early sobriety can really be so full of ups and downs Nursie -- just ride it would be my advice.. it does pass.. and imo the weight is (or should be!) umimportant in the scheme of things -- bit like smoking cigarettes was for me -- I knew I needed something 'for me' - and I didn't quit for quite a while into sobriety - it is never good to smoke - but it seemed the right way round to do it --- same with the weight - you'll feel strong enough to challenge it in a while - for the moment -- just stick to the one main subject!!

Off to bed - need to go to work tomorrow for sure!! x
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi all,
                          Funny story Bridge. [MENTION=15947]Nursie[/MENTION], your doing really great. I totally understand the house getting to you. Like Rustop says, just do 1 thing like de-cluttering the kitchen counters, that always makes me happy, the illusion of neatness
                          Yep, park the weight for the moment. Could you pickup something cheap and cheerful for a little boost?

Husband and youngest put up outside lights when I was in work today - deliberately. You can see us from space. Lovely.
                          Last edited by IamMary; December 9, 2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            After putting the decos and trees up yesterday my back has gone. If found please send to the usual PO Box.
                            634d1788270c794e94ee706ff32543ad.jpg

Comment

We finally got our tree today. It smells wonderful in here. Of course, now I'm wondering if it is bad for the environment to buy real trees??? Oh well, too late for this one. We are going to enjoy it.

I can't remember if I told you that I gave notice at work. I'm working part time for another 4-6 weeks while I ease out of there. What a relief that the decision is made. Thanks for the advice Satz.

Nursie - I agree with everyone else. Just give yourself a break. I didn't worry about anything or anyone for the first 3 months or so. All I did was make it thru each day with out picking up a bottle.

JC - I hope your back is all better. Tell Mr JC that he has to take care of you. I did laugh at your visual of the f bomb being dropped & the screaming match. Sounds like us.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dear nursie your comments are spot on. I feel very much the same as you. I may be down in some ways but my heart and soul is positive and willing . I need to stop eating sugar too and loose weight. I am feeling like a slug just walking with walker like a robot and hanging on to positive thoughts.
                                "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Working...
                                X