Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Afternoon everyone. Big hugs to the sickies, you ok JC? In the middle of storm Brendan here so not even going out for lunch. You are lucky to have the choice Molly, in this place it’s compulsory at 65. Lady I replaced did not want to retire but was made. I’ve another 7 years to go if I stick it that long. Depends on how I’ll feel when himself retires.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

We had quite a fraught family get together this afternoon with two in tears so I'm going to take myself off to bed for a lie down. Night all
      What happened Bridge ? Don't let them upset you :hug: Tell them no more meet-ups till they can be civil...

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
        Think I will revert to watching Netflix.
        Hope everyone is Ok and the sick bay residents recover ASAP
        Watch MANHUNT - Unabomber on Netflix - very good. I watch it when I want to unwind after late shift at work.

Comment

Here [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - are you getting a dog ? :egad:
          Missed that entirely

Comment

No Benjy...I'M not....the end!!!:cuss:
            We can actually legally work till we're 70 Rusters mind you..I wouldn't fancy that!
            Evening all
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm here. Still alive and luckily got an appointment with the practice nurse tomorrow. Its supposed to my COPD check-up but she'll suss out anything more serious and drag a doctor out of his sanctum to see an actual patient that hasn't rung at 8am........... Whatever it is I've been floored.
              Throbs and waves to all.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Get well Jackie..everyone in my life has the lurgy...just waiting for it..work is like a plague zone!
                Night all xx

Comment

Congratulations [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] on your retirement :heart: Hope its the start of a new adventure for you.
                  Working on the big career change for Mr M, its VERY time consuming and he hasnt even started interviews yet. But theres lots of interesting jobs out there that are tickling his fancy..
                  [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], lots of rest you pair :hug:
                  Watching Messiah on Netflix. Its good.

Some wind today, storm Brendan, followed by an eerie calm!
                  Any break in the weather Bridge?
                  Last edited by IamMary; January 13, 2020, 06:10 PM.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Wishing you the best, JC. Although I’ve been an athlete most of my life, I have also been plagued with asthma. Luckily for me, its never been an issue while exercising, even at high levels. Mostly allergy related. Sending you healing light and prayer ❤️
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I've opened up Sick Bay Ward 2 so make an orderly line please all of you.

Don't know exactly what was said Satzy but I'm sure it was to do with people showing concern regarding the girl he has been living with. She's nothing but trouble. He's got the vilest temper I've ever encountered. I've had my fill of all the drama, so they can sort it out themselves.
                      The weather is starting to cool off and most of the closest fires to me are under control even if still burning. Now begins years and years of recovering.

I'll be interested to see how you like retirement too, Nora. I hope you LOVE it.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to all.
                        [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]............you can put me in the recovery ward.
                        COPD check done and its all good. I'm never in a squillion years going to get back to a non-smoker's lungs......... but I can now walk for miles without gasping for breath. The years/decades of drinking affects your lungs which was a new one on me but the lovely practice nurse liked a natter so we did. I like them better than doctors.
                        Why drinking too much may cause lung disease

Oh and the dreadful ickyness is apparently a nasty bug that's going round. You know the drill plenty of fluids ets,etc

My weight is at right for my age and BMI. That's not a brag its a bloody miracle.

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]...:hug:......a brave decision and it will work out just fine. Promise me you'll take a least an hour to yourself every day.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]....poor you. You can have my extra pillow that I snaffled when the nurses weren't looking.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                          Congratulations [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] on your retirement :heart: Hope its the start of a new adventure for you.
                          Working on the big career change for Mr M, its VERY time consuming and he hasnt even started interviews yet. But theres lots of interesting jobs out there that are tickling his fancy..
                          [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], lots of rest you pair :hug:
                          Watching Messiah on Netflix. Its good.

Some wind today, storm Brendan, followed by an eerie calm!
                          Any break in the weather Bridge?
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] watched Messiah - I thought it was very good too.
                          Manhunter : the UnaBomber is REALLY good too for your next one.

BEST OF LUCK to MrM on the job front - I really hope he gets something he loves. Nothing worse than trekking to a job you hate every day. It is soul destroying.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            COPD check done and its all good. I'm never in a squillion years going to get back to a non-smoker's lungs......... but I can now walk for miles without gasping for breath. The years/decades of drinking affects your lungs which was a new one on me but the lovely practice nurse liked a natter so we did. I like them better than doctors.
                            Jesus Jacks - who knew ?

Comment

Wow -- never ever knew that! shocking what we did to ourselves!

Only realised in the last two weeks how an unhappy job makes for an unhappy life - I've got away from the person who was upsetting me - not in an impatient way - just someone who oh god I dunno - she has an intolerable personality - so the last two weeks have been HEAVEN.... I'm back loving my job... happy out... such a simple thing that can eat into your soul

I'm guessing my retirement date will move backwards or forwards depending on the clowns or otherwise I'm surrounded by!
                              Last edited by mollyka; January 14, 2020, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Speaking of which -- off to work --- talk later folks - hope you all keep feeling better -- MrsA Jackie Bridge -- and all else xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X