Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Morning folks, retirement is a topical subject for yours truly at the moment. Not that I am near that age yet, have over a decade to go, although it seems to move further away as I get older, think it will be age 68 and possible 70 if the government have their way.
    The thing is many people are forced to retire when they reach 65 but can't collect the pension till 67 so have to go on the dole till then, not the correct way of handling this me thinks. I don't do regrets, waste of energy, but making no provision till I was in my 50s was surely one of my less clever life decisions. Trying to put that right now but I do sometimes wonder if by tightening my belt now and feeling the burden finacially as I am, that fate will have the last laugh and leave me with more than enough of money but little time. So my dream is to retire by 60, spend the winter months somewhere warmer and not pop me clogs till the money/assets run out.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening All,
      Plenty of room at the fire, Mary. Although we might need to extend Rustop's living room. What did everyone say when you married a six year old? Did they call community services on you?

I think we're the same age Tabbers. That's my dream too except to follow the cool weather instead but it's not going to happen. Nowhere near enough bucks here.

Here's a new one. Today I discovered car wash rage. It's the only way to get ash and dust off your car because we're not allowed to use the home hose any more. They were seven deep waiting and getting all hot and bothered with people who were fumbling their coins into the bizzo. One old boy lost control of the high pressure wash thingo and squirted into somebody else's window who was waiting. I was pissing myself laughing. It was worth the wait. I've got it down to $2 and 5 minutes now. Car will be filthy by morning with fall-out.

Found a new Monty Don show so I'm off.
      Night
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Wishing everyone a blessed Happy New Year. A bit late to the game, as I recover from a surgery. Let’s ALL count our blessings and have an amazing 2020. XOXO
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          Wishing everyone a blessed Happy New Year. A bit late to the game, as I recover from a surgery. Let’s ALL count our blessings and have an amazing 2020. XOXO
          Happy new year Techie, hope your making a good recovery with loads of plans to get back out on that bike.

Escaped the dose, ran it out of me this morning, up passed Mollys house. The wind was something else.

Tabbers, if your lucky enough not to have the big mortgage noose around your neck, I think you can live quite frugally when your 60, or anytime I suppose. Or sell up and live off a cruise ship!

Hilarious Bridge! there's always one. And marrying 6 year old gives you plenty of time to mold them

Wheres [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] today? Must not be feeling too well..
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all and HAPPY New year to you too Techie..sorry you are still not great...may 2020 bring you health and happiness!
            Last edited by mollyka; January 12, 2020, 06:27 AM.
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening All,
              A speedy recovery and an amazing new year all the way through to you Techie.

Hope you're resting up JC.

We had quite a fraught family get together this afternoon with two in tears so I'm going to take myself off to bed for a lie down. Night all
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hola evabody!

Make sure you take care of YOU Bridgee.

Hope you're feeling better JC.

Big waves to all.
                Last edited by Guitarista; January 12, 2020, 06:07 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning everyone and good night Bridget. Take care of yourself, family dramas can be so draining. Happy New Year Techie, May you have much health and happiness in 2020. Speaking of happiness, the devotion and love of dogs is amazing, just saying Molly, you know I am completely biased. Hope you feel better today JC, sun is shining here so off out for a walk.

Comment

Oh Bridgey - I'm sorry - there's me ranting on about a dog and you have a true problem -- and I've been there with family - with bells on - and it was the worst time of my life when that was whirling around me -- like the others say - look after yourself in the middle of this - and if possible take yourself out of the middle of it -- family toxicity is not a thing to have to deal with in (relatively) early sobriety - I know it pushed me off the rails entirely - hope you get a good nights sleep and feel better tomorrow xxx

Comment

Get well soon [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - hope you are feeling better soon.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello everyone. All this talk of retirement. :sad: It's a little nerve wracking. I retired on Friday so you can all watch me and see what happens. :rotlf: I know there are going to be big changes in our lives. But, we'll just have to figure things out.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening All,
                            Not at all Molly. It's a really big commitment to take on a dog and if you're not feeling it then you shouldn't. It's a lifestyle. I'm a mad dog lover but they are a lot of work.
                            I'm still not sure what the eldest nephew said but he had his grandma and youngest girlfriend in tears. The little bugger waited until the minute I left the room and then shot through straight away on foot. He can be such a mongrel.
                            Anyway, as you say, it's first aid rules. Put yourself first. Zero risk of drinking.

How are all the sickies feeling?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Nora Bridgey and the sick bay...Will be very interested in how you find retirement Nora ..decided over the weekend I'd do an extra few years...terrified myself at the thought of it!!! So yeah ...pressure off for another 5 years or so.
                              Going to be stormy here today Storm Brendan....it's like a millpond at the mo????
                              Best get up!

Comment

Also in the sick bay-Diverticulitis ( Not a very sexy condition) Feel awful but at least when Storm Brendan arrives over the Irish Sea I can stay here in bed. Been ill for days now--Listening to the news from Australia and just heard about all the animals on Kangaroo Island --. Horrible stuff going on in Iran and fed up hearing about the Meghan and Harry saga.
                                Think I will revert to watching Netflix.
                                Hope everyone is Ok and the sick bay residents recover ASAP

Comment

Working...
                                X