Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army - 2020 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    I truly couldn't run for a bus but I can walk forever...got a smart watch for Christmas and did 27k steps on Thurs and 31k yesterday...I'm reliably informed by my daughter what knows EVERYTHING that that's a good number of steps for an aul wan :happy2:
    Those are awesome steps for anybody Molly! Hello to all the Army
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Afternoon all. That’s great Molly, I walked an hour and a half this morning and it was roughly 14,000 steps. You must be on your feet and moving around a lot at work. My job is mostly sitting and even with a 50 minute walk in the morning before work I struggle on those days to get 10,000 steps. How is weight watchers going Satz and Bridget? Really have to do something, saw a picture of myself taken this morning and not a pretty sight.

Comment

Hey, ho, Army!!

Mrs. A - it is a delight to see you back in the Army. Very sorry to hear about Mr. A and sincerely hope that this year is better for both of you. Glad to hear you're running again. Mary will be happy to have another runner in the ranks. Put the rest of us slouches to shame. I think Rusters is the only one who gets regular exercise although Molls seems to be getting an awful lot of steps in. Mebbe she just sits and swings that smart watch back and forth and it thinks she's walking....

Jackie - hope both you and Mr. JC are feeling much better soon. Hugs to you both. Lucky Bess can't get people germs....

Well, I did what most of you said. I did call the police and I took a picture of the guys license plate with my phone and a picture of him as well. He was already in his car getting ready to drive off. Backed out of the parking spot and almost hit another car. The police arrived about 5 minutes later but of course the guy was nowhere in sight. They took my name and said that there was nothing they could do unless I wanted to press charges. Yeah, right. And end up going to court 5 times and then getting the case thrown out for lack of evidence. Anyway, I gave them his license number, told them he said he lived near by and that at least they should track him down and give him a warning. I hope they did. This is the second time I've followed a drunk driver. The first time I followed the guy to his house. He had his wife and two grandchildren in the car with him. I gave him a piece of my mind as best I could without upsetting the children and told her that she had a responsibility as well since she got into the car with him and had the kids with her. Told him if I ever saw him driving like that again, that I would call the cops on him. I didn't want to go that far then as the children were there and they were young - probably about 4 and 6 and I didn't want to upset them. Great bloody grandparents they've got. Hopefully nothing ever happened to them another time while riding with him.

A lovely day today and first day of a 3-day weekend. Special friend is coming over for a bite to eat and a movie. Will scour Netflix innabit to see what looks good. I've got a pasta dish with mushrooms and bacon on the go and a caramel cake just came out of the oven. Off to have a quick shower and hopefully catch up with youz tomorrowz.

Wishing you all a lovely evening and an enjoyable Sunday!!!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Haha used to have an app that indeed you could shake and make steps...this thing is a stickler...in fact if you sit down for any length it reminds you to get up!
          Those steps were not typical Rusters..they were exploring Chester..but yeah I'm on my feet all day at work...a lot of running stairs too..generally have the recommended 10k steps done by lunchtime...the watch is great tho cos it's like a little competition to do more than the previous day so will grab another couple k walking at lunch hour...so yeah ..reckon I won't bother with the gym!

Howdy Pauly...it's brilliant to see you doing so well! Off out for a poxy bikers night organising next year's hol that I prolly won't be able to go on...VERY bad humour!!!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ha!!!! I beat that every day...........going from downstairs to upstairs forgetting why I'm there and repeat and reverse until I finally give up and lie exhausted on the floor........... Old age...........such fun.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].............sorry thing didn't pan out the way it could/should have. We heard nothing.
            Its rare to find a lawyer in the UK that would defend drink driving.
            Enjoy your evening with your special friend. :love:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army. I've been missing for awhile. It's great to see all the activity here.

I hope that everyone is having a Happy New Year.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Why wont you be able to go on it Molly? That's some steps your doing. We got my dad a watch too for Christmas and he loves it.

Well maybe the chat you had with the guy will be a wake up call [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]. Its amazing what effect a comment 'out of the blue' can have on someone.

I have no idea how my lot are going to manage getting out of bed on Monday. I tried to break them in this morning with a 10am call and it was like waking the dead. I was telling my friend earlier and he told me how his dad revved up a chain saw in their room one morning when they were teenagers (3 lads).. interesting.

Well done [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] on the park run! I have a cross country tomorrow, only 3k, but I am dreading it
                Last edited by IamMary; January 4, 2020, 06:30 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Just in the door...latherin heart I'm knackered!!! Interesting night...thought I wouldn't be able to go cos they usually go in August and I can't get hols then but they are talking about Slovenia/Montenegro in July...yay may be ok!!!
                  Hi Nora..hope all ok with you? How's yer mum?
                  Last edited by mollyka; January 4, 2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Morning Ovaries.
                    Molly, that sounds like an amazing trip. How good being close enough to pop over to Europe. I miss that.
                    Good to see you Nora. I hope things are as well as can be expected.
                    Rustop, I put on a small amount over Xmas which I richly deserve. Tomorrow is back to work, and to be honest I go better there because of the routine and discipline. Not that I'm looking forward to it. I'm not.

JC, I don't get this teething problems thing. They put it in, they test it to make sure it's working. Right? Why are products so poorly quality controlled these days? Always a prplem. Anyway. I hope you're enjoying your lovely fresh digs.

I've just had my monthly chat with the cousin, who was drunker that usual, obnoxious, tedious, argumentative and bombastic. I've probably blathered on about this before but I feel as if she is my drunk karma and that I have to listen to her because of all the people I've bothered before while trolleyed. It is just bloody hard work but I leave that conversation even more convinced (if that's possible) that I am never drinking again. Christ what on Earth are the positives of alcohol use again? I forget...
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm glad you did that, Stirly. It could just end so badly...
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning everyone. Welcome back Mrs A, hope 2020 is a better one for you. Just a quick check in as need to get out with the doggies. Himself out hill running, training for a big race in March. Is the cross country new to you Mary? Think I’ll go back to the crocheting that’s more my cup of tea and have not done any over the holidays.

Comment

Morning ovaries and nighty night undies,
                          [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........I'll be getting the weeping and wailing later about going back to school from Jenny later..........and she's the teacher!!!!

Here's another one that's bamboozled me............ I had to choose a dress from Marks and Spencer so the inlaws could buy it for my Christmas pressie. Mr JC picked it up/paid for it and took it to them to wrap and get his money back............. I chose a lovely navy blue spotty one. ...........so far so easy.
                          Opened it with delight that a) Mr. JC had remembered the one I'd pointed out and Ma-in-law wrapped it.
                          Haven't had a minute to try it on so we were going up there yesterday so thought I'd better give it a go.
                          On the good side it fits on the bad side.............its got teeny tiny buttons to do around the back............ luckily Mr. JC was there. If I'd been on my own I'd have had to put the bugger on back to front and sort of swivel it round without strangling myself.
                          Unfortunately when on there is so much material on the upper back of the dress you'd need to be Quasimodo's hunch to fill it. I could use it as a parachute on days I'm flying.
                          Anyway took it back for a refund..............I'm fine with a credit note.............it was £45 was offered £18 credit as its in the sale now. Yes it is in a size 18.............I'm a 10.
                          My bad for not reading the reviews.............one said it made her look like a sack of potatoes and the other she wouldn't use it in her dog's bed.
                          Quick squizz at consumer credit act and they're in trouble.

Update.........himself has been up and got my credit note. Well not strictly mine got MIL's credit note.

And sorry for being a moaning minny.
                          Last edited by JackieClaire; January 5, 2020, 07:20 AM.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So did he get the credit note for 45 or for 18? (I'd be well cheesed off at 18) and did he BUY a size 18 originally or was it just LIKE a size 18?? (very nosy me )

MORNING!!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                              So did he get the credit note for 45 or for 18? (I'd be well cheesed off at 18) and did he BUY a size 18 originally or was it just LIKE a size 18?? (very nosy me )

MORNING!!
                              The whole £45.......He actually got the 10.......tbh got me confused.......something to do with it being 'sale' item as of Friday. Just had a look at it again in the on-line sale and
                              there was only an size 18 left. Try as we might to explain that the dress was 'crap' for want of a better word didn't seem to make a difference.
                              Don't know what he did but having a large man with a law degree in front of you at the exchange/refund desk doesn't half come in handy.
                              Oh I forgot the sleeves hung down over my knuckles.
                              I'll ask for book tokens this year.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Presents always a problem! My lovely daughter just rang to see what I wanted for my birthday TOMORROW--I had forgot and as I have a twin need to sort this out pronto. I will send flowers ASAP . Been out for a longish run and am aching. Hope Mr JC is forgiven ?

Comment

Working...
                                X