Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army February 2020

Evening,

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............I'm in next Tuesday to read the office manual. You know, that huge tome about health and safety and on and on and on. Then I'll sign and initial that I've read it. Prolly 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Then a bit of training on how to say 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhh' and peer over the top of my glasses type thing.
    We'll work out then when I'm needed.
    Its lovely to feel needed again.

Waves and night nights to all. Nearly time for Silent Witness and this one's a blinder.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night night! Silent witness brilliant. I also watched first episode of The Stranger equally brilliant. Off to bed now.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
        Night night! Silent witness brilliant. I also watched first episode of The Stranger equally brilliant. Off to bed now.
        MsA
        The Stranger is BRILLIANT
        But I'm just finishing seven Seconds - also BRILLIANT ..... set in New Jersey - accents hard to understand for a while but you get used to it.

I ADORE Silent Witness - ....... I'll look forward to that tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Evening,

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]..............I'm in next Tuesday to read the office manual. You know, that huge tome about health and safety and on and on and on. Then I'll sign and initial that I've read it. Prolly 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Then a bit of training on how to say 'shhhhhhhhhhhhhh' and peer over the top of my glasses type thing.
          We'll work out then when I'm needed.
          Its lovely to feel needed again.

Waves and night nights to all. Nearly time for Silent Witness and this one's a blinder.
          I also start my job on Tuesday Jacks. inkele:
          It's been a bit vague up to now - so I've lots of questions.

Comment

Thanks for the book recommendation, @IamMary. I picked it up at the library today. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the second book of Ken Follett's Century trilogy. I'm enjoying it but it definitely is not a page-turner! I need something like a Drunk Nancy Drew mystery to distract me from the news :egad:.

I also do maintenance on myself, @satz123 and @rustop59. The difference is I don't care what others think about what I do or don't do (like with drinking, I doubt anyone even pays that much attention anyway - they're too concerned with themselves). I do it for me, to feel good and be comfortable in my skin. I think getting older makes the whole thing much easier but so does some self-reflection and prioritizing.

I watched 'For Sama' the other night - talk about putting things into perspective. It is a hard, hard watch but I highly recommend it.
            Last edited by NoSugar; February 5, 2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Morning everyone. Thanks for the recommendations on books. I have just finished Overcoming by Vicky Phelan . The Irish crew will know all about her, cervical cancer victim and she took on the state. Very inspiring. Am now reading Cilkas journey, enjoying it so far. The play I was at last night was Holy Show based on a true story about the high jacking of Aer Lingus plane back in 1981. Short but very funny. The Indian was delicious so need to get my ass in gear now and walk some of it off.

Comment

Evening Everyone.
                A quick drop in before bed. Getting much more into self maintenance the further I get into sobriety. Buying makeup brushes and cosmetics and skin care. Who would have thought?

Anyway I'll bore you with that over the weekend. Off to do catch up on Married At First Sight against my better judgement.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Rusters -- and well done on the jobs ladies... no news here -- same old - same old.. I've Éabha for the weekend so gathering my wits -- haha --- I love spending time with her -- she's an absolute panic -- talk later - need a shower before work!
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the undies and those over the pond,

Late to parade as I've been looking for a bodkin (now there's an old fashioned word). I'm doing a tapestry..........Just frightened Bess gets it stuck in her paw or swallowed it.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    I also start my job on Tuesday Jacks. inkele:
                    It's been a bit vague up to now - so I've lots of questions.
                    We're not shy bairns any more..........I know you'll ask.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].............meant to ask the other day how is your youngest? I know you were mad with worry.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].............I've read Pillars of the Earth............its quite a tome, I've got the second one to read but picked up Winter of the World about the start of the Jewish (I can't think of the right word as troubles make it sound rather mild). But you know what's coming and its horrific hen we know what happened.

Ma-in-law's 95th birthday this weekend. Has to be a slice of Colin the Caterpillar cake its the rule.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey Jackie.. yeah -- he's better than he was - he's got himself into money problems tho - they pay huge rent and they both spend spend spend - everything that NEEDS dealing with doesn't get dealt with till the bailiff is at the door (figuratively speaking!!!) I think he'd feel a lot better in himself if he had that shit under control - I know depression isn't brought on by external problems - but they sure as hell don't help when you're down.. their relationship is very shaky I think - but I can do nothing about that - and they have two amazing happy well adjusted kids - so -- keep my nose out as best I can and offer to help with the baba's -- that's it.

Sorry to hear Jenny has had a fall back to panic attacks -- as one who used to suffer from them (albeit mine were brought on by drink.. or more properly when I was trying NOT to drink and didn't 'get it' ) I feel one may be prone to them throughout life - I know I sometimes foresee a problem that I know won't sit easy and I avoid.... hopefully she'll get the help she needs... poor girl xx

Comment

HEY --- where are all youse lot?? Been to work and home again and you all still gallivanting??? All them fancy new jobs gone to your heads huh HUH??

Good evening lovelies -- hope someone around??:happy2:

Comment

Im here Molly. Watching Love Island with daughter. Bit like watching paint dry but it is our Mother-Daughter time. Rest of them must be recovering or gallivanting. What age is your granddaughter? Nice that she lives so close.

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]............we're desperately trying to find something to watch but we'll give Love Island a miss for now.................hang on himself has found Homes under the Hammer.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........no-one warns you when you leave the hospital with your little bundle of joy that they grow up.
                            Jenny's a perfectionist. She's in a school under special measures................in real-life language its where they dump the kids with all sorts of problems. Not just educational needs but home problems. She adores it. She was born to teach............she has patience of a saint. It just gets to her now and again luckily they do have the mentor system and on-site counselor for the teachers.
                            Tbh she's very like my sister in law.
                            And there are Ads two children from a previous relationship. They've got no money after their rent. His ex is very demanding and he daren't put a toe wrong.

Have we said we're doing a house swap with them in the school summer holidays? We get to do York and they get to tour Northumberland.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It's bound to get to her sometimes..try not to worry bout her...says me constantly worrying!!!
                              House swop sounds great..we were mulling around our heads about house swopping for a few months every year when I retire...you know 3 months somewhere warm and interesting and farm out our house..apparently being so near Dublin and the beach and the airport is a good thing! We'll see anyway!
                              Joeys little lassie is 2 and half..3 months older than Tilly and they are hilarious together..it is lovely having them near..and the boys..we're lucky
                              Love Island.....crikey you love her very much Rusters!!!!

Comment

Does anyone fancy hot chocolate???
                                Supposedly its good for an adult to watch Love Island with a young 'un. As we can tell them what a pile of crap it is.

Cousins can be very close. I know I am with one. Tbh I'd be lost without her. Hence to day-long conversation about waterproof mascara.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X