X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    Here's bizarre for you.
    Was talking to a friend last night - she lives in Dublin. Her refuse company took a photo of her refuse bin & some wet tissue paper and sent it to her with a warning letter that only DRY paper can be placed in the bin ....... I kid you not !
    She responded that they had no authority to be taking photos outside her house as her children play there & asked which bin she should dump their letter into :haha:
    :applouse:

Your woman's a star..........send her here to sort out Brexit.
    Was it a wet wipe..........we're hung over here for putting them down the toilet.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

People are nuts. But shit, I dont want to be left without loo roll! I should have robbed one of those industrial sized ones before I left work too! WHAT IF IT ALL HAPPENS THIS WEEKEND! How are your bean can collections doing? I might start growing vegetables.

Seriously, this is insane.

Enjoy Gaelforce Rustop, looks like a good weekend. Mr M is graduating from his Fit4life group tomorrow so its the local park run for us all.
      I see a few marathons are being cancelled now [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Your foot just got there first.

Heard that about the refuse collections, sister got a letter too, she was mortified!
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening!!!
        Mad is right!! I know 'wet wipes' aren't allowed -- as opposed to wet tissue.. the ridiculous thing about recycling and it needing to be dry - I read an article a while back that in loads of European countries they advise people not to bother washing their plastic at all because the proper recycling places wash EVERYTHING in their own way... so wet or dry - it's irrelevant.. or dirty for that matter... it's all a joke.. if you watch the trucks collecting from the brown and green and clear glass banks - they all go in the same container... like WTF|???
        We've been 'advised' to wear plastic gloves from Monday onwards at work... nice!
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'd heard that about recycling too. Trouble is ours is only collected once a fortnight and don't want a manky pong wafting in from the garden. So they get rinsed.

Jenny's still got her year 10 Paris trip this weekend. They depart 5am tomorrow. I don't envy her one teeny tiny bit.

I've plenty toilet rolls but if someone's short I seem to have amassed a large number of kitchen rolls over time .....(I just chuck in the trolley when we're in that department) .....who'll start the bidding at £15 a roll .............anyone?

Molls, what kind of gloves? Surgical I'm assuming. FFS.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yup...think it's optional...but my hands are torn apart using that alcohol hand sanitizer stuff ..

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Morning and waves to the world.

@brit..........what a shame. I spemt two weeks in Jersey and every day we said we'd nip over to Guernsey..........we never did. Its one on my wish list.
              Yep, there were a few tears shed at the programme.

You'll like this.......especially where you are........Public Urged To Use The Sun To Wipe Arses After Toilet Roll Runs Out Due To Panic Buying | SOUTHEND NEWS NETWORK

@byebyebridgetjones..........its getting beyond ridiculous. It struck me that you're an island nation, like the UK and Ireland and many more. We're snookered if imports stop. Although we have a Kimberly Clark within spitting distance of out house.

Chin up and keep the dark humour.
              It's cool. We make our own stuff. Including plenty of bog roll. Using the Sun to wipe your bum is the best COVID-19 related health advice I've heard :victorious:
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                @byebyebridgetjones thanks for laugh & the tip off - I'm away to stock up on loo rolls. :llama:
                If I can'r buy it I'll steal it from one of the institutions I work at in lieu of decent wages !

Here's bizarre for you.
                Was talking to a friend last night - she lives in Dublin. Her refuse company took a photo of her refuse bin & some wet tissue paper and sent it to her with a warning letter that only DRY paper can be placed in the bin ....... I kid you not !
                She responded that they had no authority to be taking photos outside her house as her children play there & asked which bin she should dump their letter into :haha:
                Oh me Gord! Don't tell me they're all the same as well!

Last year I had a nasty note to say that all wheelie bins had to be at least 50cm apart. Mine must have been at about 45cm. So I got the shits and next bin night cut strips of cardboard with "50cm" and arrows emblazoned on them and gave them to all the neighbours to stick between our bins. It was hilarious.
                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; March 6, 2020, 04:03 PM.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

MOLLS.........have to shour as you're not a fan of @@@@@

How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands: 6 Steps

Works like a dream.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    It's cool. We make our own stuff. Including plenty of bog roll. Using the Sun to wipe your bum is the best COVID-19 related health advice I've heard :victorious:
                    Most decent human beings wouldn't line their budgie cage with it.

Apparently the Racing Post is supposed to excellent according to one of my great uncles. He shuttled off many years ago.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Look I shouldn't make light but I can't help it : Curb Your Coronavirus - YouTube
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Look I shouldn't make light but I can't help it : Curb Your Coronavirus - YouTube
                        Oh dear....
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ah Tabbers you just keep disappearing..why not talk to us? Missing you xx
                          Morning all!

Comment

If we didn't laugh we'd cry. Both the deaths we have over here are people in their 80s with pre-existing conditions..........my heart goes out to their families as we all want a few more years, months or even days with pur loved ones. And now they have what Satz called..........a 'label'.

How our us ladeees supposed to put our make up on. Just shive our faces in our make-up bag and hope for that we don't come out looking like Coco the Clown.

Last heard from Jenny............they're two hours from Calais, they're watching The Greatest Showman on the bus and then they've got to the rabble of 12 year olds on a ferry.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi folks...thought I'd a quiet day lined up...the family all arrived in instalments ..so goin to get my dinner talk in a bit

Comment

Evening got a proper gripy tummy ....................yes, I did google the symptoms of the virus nothing remotely like that...........so not panicking

Did the big shop at Tesco................masses of stuff on the shelves including the elsusve toilet rolls.Think we were expecting there to be hoards od people and it was just the usual Saturday morning scrum. I did buy a new iron.

Haven't heard from Jenny but she could languishing in the Bastille after chucking half a dozen of her year 10s over board. Still she knows a good lawyer who speaks school boy French as a father.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X