FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

Great news or Better news Satz on YS! Now better get off to my "wimmin" extravaganza!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      I wanted to go to Devon Cornwall on the bike..Joe said no..cos of brexit ..wants to go to Scotland instead...dya think he's missing something:applouse:
      Errmmmmmm Wales springs to mind.

There was a woman on Question Time.........Scottish woman banging on about independence and pronounced very loudly how the UK is just England and Scotland...............little voice from the man at the end said...........'what about Wales and NI?' She ignored him.........audience sniggered.
      They're running out of oil and really if you think of it all they've got left is tourism and Edinburgh Rock.
      I :heartbeat: Scotland. But like Cornwall & Devon we keep quiet about Northumberland. God forbid we get southeners moving up here.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........good news there for you :hug:

Haven't even seen Tony on FB. Its worrisome.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Went to Wales last year..was lovely but not Scotland..Scotland is nearly as pretty as Ireland and I don't say that lightly!!!..we won't be going to the UK when yiz finally cut off..it'll be too complicated so doing it now really
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

No .he hasn't been around on FB you're right ..

Comment

Evening.
              Slobbing around is not what it's cracked up to be. Feel like a beached whale - lolling around. Not that I'm ever Ms Go Go Go but would hate to be stuck in every day. Rosie is even bored :haha:

Off down to Dr Dreamy tomorrow - starting to get the hang of things but I hate paper - so may have to look into why shaggin' everything has to be printed & photocopied 100 times.
              It's a fine line between acting like a know-all and the frustration of looking at processes from 1980s.
              Anyway I'll "hauld me whist" ( shut up) for another while - she's too nice to upset ....

Comment

Evening,
                Slobbed around this morning too, cant remember when I did that last. It was lovely. Love my 1st cup of tea, looking out the window, no throbbing head, fresh as a daisy (the moment doesnt last very long!).
                We had to head into town this afternoon, handy parking was no problem, shops were light on people, very pleasant. Hard not to think about touching door handles, counter tops etc. normal everyday things. I think if the parade goes ahead, there will be no one at it.

Did Tony often post on FB? Doesnt sound good.
                How long is Jenny gone for [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]?? Bet they are having a blast - she'll sleep for a week when shes home!

Great news [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! If the sober periods are getting longer, hes getting closer to figuring this out.
                Its a tough decision on the nursing homes, will be very hard for a lot of people.

Hope the hubby enjoyed the race [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh nearly forgot - getting rid of MrS for 5 days to Cheltenham inkele:
                  Used to be alcohol heaven - but now it's down to me to amuse the Rosie one - she quite demanding.
                  He brings her for 2 walks a day & lets her run mad after crows & squirrels around a local estate. I'd be a nervous wreck .....

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] Yeah Mers we live in hope.
                    He's even in there preparing for an interview tomorrow.
                    I hope he does well but I fear he's burned a lot of bridges.
                    It will not be easy to explain all that lost time to a prospective employer

Comment

Morning and waves to the fellow inter planetarians.

I was a solitary child so don't mind staying at home.................except on day that I have to stay at home like today.
                      The gasman is coming to put a new meter in................between 8am and noon..........in my thinking they should have been here at 8:01am
                      The decorator's coming around about 10ish to give us a quote.........I don't like ishes
                      And a new modem is being delivered sometime today...........what o'clock is some time?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].............I was wondering id he was going to Cheltenham. Used to love going to the races.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].........think she's back Thursday and I'd lay odds on she comes down with a chest infection.
                        And the gas man has arrived. The electric have to go off so I'll freeze.
                        Last edited by JackieClaire; March 9, 2020, 04:06 AM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning a bit chilly here but blue sky at the moment.

Fingers crossed Satz for a good outcome with the interview for YS.

Nothumberland is gorgeous Jackie. Our kids reckon their best holidays were on Holy Island (Lindisfarne).

Foot aching this morning and now feeling a bit frustrated with the lack of running although I can get out and walk a bit.

Have a great day Folks!

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........one drink I've never tasted Lindisfarne Mead. Getting a cottage there is like gold dust...........teeny bit envious. However I did get absolutely hammered on cherry b and cider when I was training as youth leader 200 years ago.
                            I've got a fab photo of my Granny (she'd be well in her 90s) with the Lindisfarne Chronicles she's was very religious and grinning so widely you'd think she's written it.
                            We're going down to near Staithes (Yorkshire) for a week in April

Gas man been and gone and he can't start the job because the electric meter needs something doing to it...............sorry to say I zoned out just two or three technical words. Mr. JC can do the talking.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening ladies (gents ALL AWOL) -- hope the foot recovers soon MrsA… be patient with it!!

I got GOOD news today - transfer list arrived by a surprise --- smellyJohn is GONE.... so happy -- couldn't even eat my lunches in the canteen... revolting -- AND -- he's been transferred to the branch where the woman who interviewed him 'unfairly' is the boss --- hilarious... so now it's just R...… I can cope with her - but the two of them were intolerable -- happy for the minute anyways (until I'M transferred somewhere poxy!!)
                              Any news? Cheltenham seems to be carry on regardless -- gas really -- even Patricks Day has been cancelled!!

Comment

AND there is a case of COVID-19 in Cheltenham. The big boys with the big bucks must be lobbying hard.
                                MrS has been told in no uncertain terms - this is his last year. It's just too expensive for retirees like us.
                                Well - I'm still working for my sanity - but not to fund horse racing ..... :Grrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                                X