Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FORWARD -- MARCH --- ARMY March 2020

TABBERS! :love:

Welcome to Sunday everyone (when you wake up)
    I have left your breakfast in the kitchen, in the Calacatta Borghini marble bench (Oh boy is that a figment of the imagination) Brewed coffee and pot of tea - scones, Devon clotted cream, home made strawberry jam and lemon curd. Diabetics turn the other way.
    Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; March 7, 2020, 04:10 PM.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

HAHA -- sounds divine Bridgey!! I WISH!! We were so lazy after all our visitors today we haven't even got milk for the morning!

Looking forward to a day doing nothing tomorrow - waiting for the new Hilary Mantel -- it's in the shops - but buggered if I'm going to fork out 20 euros -- will get it on Tooosday I hope -- so have to finish off my current book... finished that one ('blood orange'? was that the name?) you all recommended -- thought it was a good read actually - they did the drink bit quite well.. quite a few times I felt like shouting at her --- 'don't DO IT' -- falling asleep in the Chambers etc.... but yeah -- good book!
      Right - orf to bed.. did read back but have blanked - so hope you're all in good form and that Jenny makes it home safely!!
      Was looking at hotel prices here and they are for NOTHING -- am going to take a week off shortly and go on a little road trip -- nobody going to hotels obviously cos of the coronavirus -- 'when the Lord closes a door....' and all that :victorious:
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening,
        The dishwasher's broken. Silent scream.
        Good to see you Tabbers, hows are things?

Stuck in Stranger.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Happy International Women's Day.
          I shall celebrate it by letting M. JC use my new iron to do his shirts.

Jenny's not back until late on Thursday. I haven't heard from her but keep checking Whatsapp to make sure she's alive. They're near Dunkirk is all I know.

Ta for the brekkie, Bridgeeeeeeeeee. I've never had clotted cream and I've never had Calacatta Borghini work tops...............is this something I should rectify?

Quiet day here as well.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning loved my breakfast Bridget.

I should be doing my 20 mile race this morning but my foot is still sore, quite relieved to be able to have a sobbing morning.

Off to a friends later where a about 25 of us are celebrating International Women's Day. Lots of fun and great food hopefully.

Sunny outside perhaps spring has sprung!

Comment

I'm guessing 'sobbing' = slobbing Whizzer? (hope so!!) and yup there's nothin wrong with a bit of slobbing - doing that myself today... woke up with a crashing headache that doesn't seem to be improving.
              Women's Day doesn't get mentioned in this house.. Joe reckons EVERY day is Women's Day here -- can't argue really!!!
              What IS clotted cream? Funny how different cultures - yet so close to each other physically eat such diverse things..?

Comment

ha ha yes slobbing ( spell checking problems)

Comment

I've been to Devon............famed for its clotted cream and still don't know. Just looked like highly whizzed up double cream.
                  Tbh its such a pretty place........ so I shall spend sometime today goggling cottages in Devon. We were at Combe Martin.........its got lots of hills and not far from Ilfracombe............where we had the worst curry in the world.

In the light of equality do we have an International Man's Day.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]...........I'd have sat on you attempted the 20-mile run.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I wanted to go to Devon Cornwall on the bike..Joe said no..cos of brexit ..wants to go to Scotland instead...dya think he's missing something:applouse:

Comment

I love Devon and Cornwall but it gets very crowded in the summer months. Scotland is gorgeous but sometimes a bit wetter and colder than down south.
                      Clotted cream could clog your arteries!
                      Mr A well enough to do a bit of gardening--So I am not moaning about my sore foot.

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] glad to hear MrA is out & about. I think sunshine can cure a lot of ills
                        I actually have a day off from double jobbing - and I too will be slobbing around here today.
                        My mother's care home has shut it's doors so no visitors at all allowed because of COVID-19.
                        A bit dramatic I think 'cos it will only get worse not better ... and they'll be all stir crazy in there
                        I give the carers, nurses & residents 48 hours without distraction of visitors & that will change.

Comment

So glad MrA is feeling up to a bit of bumbling in the garden - lovely time of year now too..mind you -- it's COLD!!
                          That is VERY harsh re. the care homes.. I'm sure lots of the old people live for their visits... yup guessing the staff could very well change their minds!!

Well yeah - Scotland it is MrsA - we have vouchers galore from the sprogs for Christmas - so it'll be a very inexpensive trip - and I think Joe wants to bury memories of the crash the last time we were there.. drove past Tony's restaurant that time - just before the van drove into us! Wonder how Tony is doing --- TONY??? TONY????
                          Heading off on 1st May - and he has it planned out and it sounds awesome - being from Ireland - wet and cold and windy doesn't really bother us.. it didn't the last time anyway - 'cept up the top of the Cairngorms when we were nearly blown off the road and down a mountainside!!!
                          chicken and ham today --- wot yiz all havin??

Comment

Thought this was cute : put on full screen

Comment

Not sure what we're havin' Molls !
                              Pork steak with stuffing maybe. Not in humour of big palavour .

On another note :
                              YS is here & sober - he's been like that each time I've seen him recently.
                              I think there is the occasional lapse - but the last one - I said "you drinking?" he actually said "yes f*** it " and seemed genuinely annoyed with himself.
                              This is progress believe it or not - we used to have deniel & lies.

Leaving him to his own devices was the best thing we ever did. He's in his Nan's house & if he drinks no-one knows or cares & he runs out of money. So he's having to think about things & grow up :thumbsup:

Comment

That's brilliant Benjy..he can see the consequences...(as in being broke when he drinks)..all his own responsibility..delighted..he's getting there for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X