International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Hola Army. Thinking of you all. Stay safe during these trying time. We all need a little more love right now. So, I'm sending you loving light and hugs!
    Last edited by techie; April 16, 2020, 03:42 PM.
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

OH NO MsA !
      That is terrible. I had a wedding in June but in Portugal - not the same.

My DD's wedding in August is now under threat. To be honest I'd prefer if they all were put off till next year & I can go to Assos in Greece in September.
      Can't be doing with the fuss. She may put wedding off till April 2021 - I LOVE April !!
      Much more civilized & romantic month. Cool & fresh with things growing. Unlike August - hot & sweaty and things starting to wilt :haha:
      Selfish moi ?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].....'they' still haven't given any details of the end of life visiting as far as I can see its just a headline at the mo.
        They may not highlight it too much - cos there's always someone will try to take it too far - and who knows what way things will go.
        Nursing homes are high on agenda here at the moment. 9 died in one NH at the weekend....

Doesn't look like she's going anywhere soon Jacks. But they'll have a fight on their hands if they tried to stop me

Comment

Hi all,
          Took ages to read back and now Ive forgotten everything
          Welcome to further lock down [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], we are here until May 5th at least. How is Jenny doing? and your friends son whos on rotation?

Good call on the few days off [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Seriously, do you think you'll be heading off on holliers this year?? Who knows I suppose, this could all end abruptly yet!
          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], I actually have a significant birthday next year and MY plan was Greece with my lot, as I have never been and I am running away from someone organising 'a surprise'! But unfortunately I will be with all the Marys, big and medium. I will pick your brain to pieces before hand though :fingers:

Xpost [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].
          Last edited by IamMary; April 16, 2020, 05:53 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning to you all.
            A certain ex-girlfriend of the boy is at it again. I won't go into it but this time it's all over Facebook accusing X person of doing X to her 2 months ago. Apparently reported this to the police (I'm sure that's a lie) who refused to take a report. Or maybe they're onto her at last? This time though, she had peers actually calling her out on it publicly.

Anyway, don't mean to be cryptic, or to belabour this but it's not helping my head space at present. She completely fucked up our lives for a very long time though. Back to normal programming soon-because she's not worth it.
            Today I'm going to do the bare minimum at 'work' and sod off early for the weekend.
            I hope you're both going strong Outy and Fickle.

This Greek plan sounds like a lovely thing to look forward to ladies.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Army,
                When I first joined the other day I tried to do a big long post and lost the whole thing. I had forgot that can happen. So now am writing it out elsewhere on my laptop then posting when I’m done. Its not ideal as it’s harder for me to refer back to others’ posts because mwo seems to time out on me while I’m typing. It just logs me out. Oh well.
                So this morning I went on a good walk. Beautiful autumn day here! Trying to get my routine back in place. Before covid I was doing really well getting fit and losing weight. Having a myriad of health issues which are all improved by weightloss, it is my goal to reach my ‘ideal’ weight for my health. Tricky when the gym is closed. During my recent setback I put on a few kilos, so current goal is to get back to where I was pre-covid.
                Have a great day everyone. I am here reading, even if not replying in the way I would wish at times.

Comment

Whaaaaat?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JC!!!!!

062719a-Inline.jpg
                  Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; April 16, 2020, 07:43 PM.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], a small trick is to check the box that says “remember me” when you log in. You won’t get timed out that way.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wishing you a wonderful blessed Happy Birthday, JC!!!
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning Army!!!
                        Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                        Morning to you all.
                        A certain ex-girlfriend of the boy is at it again. I won't go into it but this time it's all over Facebook accusing X person of doing X to her 2 months ago. Apparently reported this to the police (I'm sure that's a lie) who refused to take a report. Or maybe they're onto her at last? This time though, she had peers actually calling her out on it publicly.

Anyway, don't mean to be cryptic, or to belabour this but it's not helping my head space at present. She completely fucked up our lives for a very long time though. Back to normal programming soon-because she's not worth it.
                        Today I'm going to do the bare minimum at 'work' and sod off early for the weekend.
                        I hope you're both going strong Outy and Fickle.

This Greek plan sounds like a lovely thing to look forward to ladies.
                        Really sorry to hear that Bridge. Had enough of the spiteful bitches in this world. And the attention grabbing ones are the worst. Hopefully her peers will put her right down where she belongs. Under someones shoe!!!
                        Originally posted by fickle View Post
                        So this morning I went on a good walk. Beautiful autumn day here! Trying to get my routine back in place. Before covid I was doing really well getting fit and losing weight. Having a myriad of health issues which are all improved by weightloss, it is my goal to reach my ‘ideal’ weight for my health. Tricky when the gym is closed. During my recent setback I put on a few kilos, so current goal is to get back to where I was pre-covid.
                        Have put on a few kilos myself, Ficks and I'm not too happy about it. Now that the weather is warming up and the days are longer, I plan to get out for a walk every evening. Sure we'll both feel better with that extra weight gone!!

Good to see you dropping in often [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Nice to have more gents in the barracks. AB - looks like Canada hasn't realized that it's Spring, yet. My sister and Mom who live in Ontario (Kingston-Belleville area) both got snow the past couple of days! Greece is the place to be right now!!

Troopers, wishing you all a smashing day!!
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Happy Birthday JC!!:balloons:
                          Thanks for the tip abcowboy, I will give that a go - fingers crossed
                          Good luck Bridge, hope your weekend is fabulous and you forget about all embuggerances at least for a while :hug:
                          You are lucky to be headed into Spring Stirly, headed into winter here, so must get a routing happening ASAP before it all seems too hard. I'm planning to go every day. Working from home is difficult because I'm always in close proximity to the kitchen.. making tea.. and thinking of something nice to go with the tea :ambivalence:

Comment

Good morning International Army. Happy Birthday JC!!!! This morning I am motivated to:
                            1. Stay sober
                            2. Put in a good shift at work
                            3. Do not dwell on my current problems - just deal with the ones I have the headspace for

My search for somewhere to live is petering out. I haven't got the time or money right now to sort it, but I will in a week or two. My parents have told me to just relax where I am for now. I'm starting to think that the environment I was in previously was toxic to me - and there I go dwelling on things again.

So back to the very present. I'm not feeling to bad today. I have to keep reminding myself that its ok to feel ok. I did what I did, I can't fix that. But I can work to fix myself.

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                              Good morning International Army. Happy Birthday JC!!!! This morning I am motivated to:
                              1. Stay sober
                              2. Put in a good shift at work
                              3. Do not dwell on my current problems - just deal with the ones I have the headspace for

My search for somewhere to live is petering out. I haven't got the time or money right now to sort it, but I will in a week or two. My parents have told me to just relax where I am for now. I'm starting to think that the environment I was in previously was toxic to me - and there I go dwelling on things again.

So back to the very present. I'm not feeling to bad today. I have to keep reminding myself that its ok to feel ok. I did what I did, I can't fix that. But I can work to fix myself.
                              You have definitely got the right attitude, Outy!! Yup, stay at your folk's place until you have the means to move. No sense worrying about something that is not absolutely necessary at this time. Just keep on what you're doing and concentrate on staying sober and healing. Have a great day!!!!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning everyone! Difficult time here as Mr A is suddenly in a great deal of pain again and trying to get his medication is a nightmare.
                                Luckily I am fit and healthy but beginning to get really stressed.
                                I do not feel I am much use to anyone either here on the forum or at home.
                                I am not looking for sympathy I just needed to "verbalise" my feelings.

Comment

Working...
                                X