X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Morning MsA
    I'm going to dye my roots.
    Long time ago got the same cream colour my hairdresser uses & mix it with developer myself. Life saver.

Hairdressers will have you believe there is some magic they work but it's so easy. colour + 1.5 times the 20% vol creamy developer
    you too could be a pretty as me :

Comment

Waves to the world
      Day eight squillion and 10 of lockdown

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......where did you get that photo of me in the back garden?
      Actually my buy one get one free will take me to at least October...........L'oreal something or other.

Mr JC does the heavy stuff and I do the seeding and planting.

Don't have indoor ones as really its the death of them............years ago I bought a plastic falling fern pot plant and walked in on my Granny watering it.

I'd forgotten it was Easter in Greece.

Right on with the day and a shout over the fence at the next door neighbour.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
        I loved your post, Fickle. We seem to have similar approaches and have made similar decisions. We even have some favorite books in common. I loved the Lewis book and will now be ordering Gray’s on your recommendation - thanks!
        NS I am a bit of a cheat, I get my books on audible or similar then if I don’t like them I can return them. Chapter II of Ms Gray’s book is like a toolbox for me with a lot of resources and further reading that I have investigated to my benefit.
        Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        I really hope when they lift restrictions - that the blanket over 70 malarkey (even for or fit people like you) ..... is first to go. I truly believe that it's detrimental for older folk to be locked up like that.
        I totally agree and can't for the life of me see how a person alone on a solitary walk/run can be a hazard to others.
        Bit of a slow Monday here (yawn) none of the promised rain has materialised as usual.
        Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Evening all. I had very few indoor plants until the drought so I splashed out to have something to love.
          Busy little day so I'm off to snooze. Enjoy peeps.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all... don't like indoor plants much - have a couple I inherited - and I feel guilty if they look sad and droopy - but would be just as glad if they were gone really.. I find with global warming the garden never really dies off -- roses and annuals like marigolds, nigella, calendula's etc.. flower virtually 10 months a year -- Joe moans that the grass grows all year round.. found our local hardware store open this morn. they have a fairly decent gardening centre so grabbed loads of plants and seeds and bulbs and compost --- there is NO bottle I ever bought that gave me more kick than that wee shop this morning!!!
            So here we go --- another week in paradise -- there could be killings yet!!!!
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening everyone. Love the hair job Satz, lol. I did my own colour last week but badly need a cut. Great posts again yesterday. Sorry that girl is still causing angst Bridget. Only in from work so need to get some food.

Comment

Popped in to say night night,
                Zoomed with my cousin in the USA and various hangers-on like our, Jenny, Ads & my brother and his missus. Although cousin has to nip of for 20 mins and never came back......... he's working from home and got a call........think its just near 5 pm over there.
                It was rather jolly.
                Might try a bit of Skype tomorrow.

Forgot I do have indoor plants............cactuses and succulents..........but they live on nothing.

Its lovely and sunny, there's a bitter east wind......

Last two episodes of Homeland to watch.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] are you home full-time now ? or are the killings in work ? You never said where you were redeployed to ?
                  I was passing today too and saw a Garden Centre open out the road. MrS is beside himself with joy .... :haha:

I've to go back in tomorrow - to be honest I'm not feeling it. I think I may be on edge there without actually realising it.
                  It's quite stressful to be in a workplace where everyone is wearing a mask & I'm feckin' disinfecting everything every 5 minutes. Plus I feel awful if anyone is at the desk & as soon as they go I'm sanitising the area. Just seems rude somehow & even though they have dementia I think sometimes they feel it and don't understand why everyone is so distant.

I know though I'll feel very guilty if I just up & off ( like some others) so I'm waiting for someone to really annoy me so that I can say my piece and go into self-isolation.
                  Despite more loss of life there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel and i think we'll soon see a loosening of restrictions.

At least the smaller shops opening and perhaps the exam students back in school.
                  Should be easy enough to observe social distancing if the other classes are not in.

Where's Chancer ???? We need to talk about alcohol & stuff ...

ps for some reason - I just thought back..........
                  To approach anything as momentous as dyeing my hair - I used to time it that I could have a few glasses of wine as I did it.
                  No wonder it started falling out :egad:
                  Last edited by satz123; April 20, 2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I get highlights so not brave enough to do them myself or let anyone else do it. I did let one daughter do my eyebrows, now I look like I have a pair of mustaches on my face.

I did cut Mr Ms hair with one of those razors (no2 and no3) - after I you-tubed it. Thankfully he has no interest in what he looks like, currently hes going for the homeless look.

Very sore back, had to go into work for my chair today.
                    Last edited by IamMary; April 20, 2020, 05:33 PM.
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all, losing track of the days here, haven’t ventured outside of the garden in weeks. Surprisingly I think I wouldn’t mind if I never went back to work, is that strange? This is becoming the new norm, bar the odd trip to the shops I think I could happily carry on for months. Has me thinking of how soon I could realistically retire all of ten plus years early....
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Good morning everyone! All seems ok here--Mr A got enough pain meds to keep him comfortable. I have a sore ankle from going around in circles in the garden.
                        It is not because I am over 70 that I have been locked down it is because Mr A is shielded and the medics think it is too risky for me to take any chances.
                        Waiting for oncology to ring us back regarding more treatment as it was put on hold because of the risk of lowering his immunity.
                        Off to make soup!

Comment

Waves to the owrld.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..........Mr. JC's office used to have a secretary that cleaned her workplace down every single morning............regardless of the virus..........you'll just have to keep doing it after for a while. I doubt very much she'll be offended.

The good news is we got half of the holiday refunded and the remainder we can use for a deposit on another Sykes holiday as a deposit to be used in the next 24 months.......couldn't be arsed to argue the toss.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].........bless your heart :hug:

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION]...........and what does Mrs T think about it

Off to clean the bog.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning all. Busy couple of days here. Feeling positive but apprehensive. Some small but significant (to me) changes to be made today.Also fingers crossed on the housing front. I've enough to do to keep me occupied for the last couple of days. Hope all is well with everyone

Comment

Evening all,
                              Late one here. I had this idea I’d go out early and walk up a storm, so off I went and did my darndest. Managed to get a walk in before work and during lunch.. almost 7k. Got back and converted Mrs A’s 6 miles and she’s done nearly 10k round the garden! :egad: Well that has set the bar for me. I’ll try again tomorrow.
                              One nice thing is that people, while carefully keeping to the far side of the path of course, actually make eye contact, smile and say good morning! That rarely happened before the virus. People would trudge past with eyes averted and woebegone look about them. So if nothing else, at least people are appreciating the social contact.
                              Good luck with the house hunting Chancer
                              Stay well everyone, Nightski :heartbeat:

Comment

Quick hello! from me!

Had a very enjoyable Easter weekend with a few visitors after all but we were outside and kept our distance.

Surprisingly busy day at work today.

Mrs. A - glad things are better for you and Mr. A.!

Tabbers - good to see you.

Chancer - good to hear you sounding so positive!

"Waves" to everyone else. Will try to check in again later. Want to go sit on my patio in the sun. Got nicely used to it on the weekend.

Zoooommmmmm...........

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X