Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Our latest worry here in Republic is the cross border traffic from Norn Iron... they have different rules to us.. but we can't make them obey ours so they wandering around all the border counties and figures are going up by the day anywhere that borders the 6 counties... jeez.. where's the 'hard border' when you need it!!!
    )
    Hey Molls that's shocking. Why the hell can't we make them follow our rules ? Come into our jurisdiction - follow our rules ?
    I'm sure if I went New Zealand for instance I'd be made follow their guidelines or be fecked out !! and rightly so !

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      I can put nice clothes on and a bit of make-up...........the excitement ofit all. Should I wear my wedding hat.
      Most deffo Jacks. Wear the dress too..... :haha:

If my DD's wedding is postponed - I'll be wearing the dress to put out the bins .....

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
        Afterlife Two is on and I am also watching Black Orchid.
        LOVED Afterlife ......

Comment

Havn't watched the new season of Afterlife yet.. its next up.

Well done [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] and congratulations on your new place.:balloons: Everything will feel a bit weird for a while..
          'The Planning' used to wreck my head, so much secrecy.. You still need 'a plan' for when those thoughts try to take hold. Lots of threads on these boards..good food, treats, interesting drinks, can-not-stop-watching series, books, etc.. Your playing a blinder.

X-post earlier [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].

Enjoy the day out tomorrow [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].. Ive fallen into Wednesday as shopping day, delivery to my folks then, so Im thinking heels, bodycon, full make up and shades, even if its raining.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            I think as you said the nursing homes were not kept in the loop. Everyone was taken by surprise - but it was the delay in PPE for Nursing Homes that caused the issues.
            I remember PPE consisted of a flimsy mask & plastic apron in the first few weeks.
            Now - after the horse has bolted - we took delivery of 2 huge pallets from HSE of Masks, Goggles, face shields & gowns this morning.

A change since the first 2 weeks when a consignment of PPE destined for Nursing Homes was taken by HSE for the 'Frontline'.
            Also in the beginning we were told that no point transferring over 70's to hospital because they wouldn't get an ICU bed .....
            Good morning everyone. Absolutely disgraceful Satz, bolting the door after the horse has bolted. My daughter in Norway went back to work yesterday, they were a few weeks ahead of us but had few deaths compared to this country. Lots of precautions being taken so will be interesting to see how they get on. Think masks are going to be compulsory in my work place after this week. I’ll be digging out the wedding hats and outfits for work before too long.

Weather seems to have broken which is a shame. Pulled the bbq out last week and was planning to bbq a few times. Anyone else fed up of trying to think of what to eat. Trying to keep the diet super healthy with loads of veg etc and have variety. Getting fed up of it at this stage.

Comment

Morning Rusty.
              Veg I find a challenge. Tasteless.
              So I usually end up with a latge salad. Even in winter. LOVING freshly cooked beetroot at the moment. ( pink pee)
              I keep buying brocolli and not knowing what to do with it - any tips for green veg that doesn't involve just boiling would be welcome.

Comment

Love broccoli stir fried in olive oil with dash of soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds..takes bout 30 seconds in hot pan
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I have even taken to throwing it into a tray bake (loads of veg and baby potatoes roasted in olive oil and seasoning). Bake salmon or other fish in foil beside it. Half hour and tasty.

Comment

I love bake tray dinners [MENTION=22365]rus[/MENTION]top Such an easy way to cook.
                    I'm settling into such a lovely little routine here. I 'watch' the midday movie by text with a friend then do the afternoon shift with the dog as my EA.
                    We've got a lovely soft rain happening tonight. Couldn't be more relaxing.

Afterlife Season 2 is even more out there than season one. Hysterical.

Off to cook some dinner.
                    Hope you are finding ways to amuse yourself while you set up shop there [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just back from the shops -- morning Bridge and Rusters…. loads of face masks gloves hand sanitizer -- and FLOUR!!! At last we are catching up with where we should be.. also got an email from the 'big boss' -- thanking us all individually for the work we are putting in behind the scenes... and there's me mocking the twitterers and bloggers and competition makers and ALL the staff who are 'working in the virtual space' --- errrmmm -- I've done nothin… neither have any of me pals -- so I think I need to be thanking all the young enthusiastic wannabe promoted wans --- NO MORE GIVING OUT FROM ME --- they are insuring that I'm doing a GREAT JOB:welldone:
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning, Mollymoo, Satzuma,Mers, Rustletops, Chancer, Cirly Wirly Stirly Girly, Our Whizzy (aka Brit), Mers, Bridgeeeeeeee, Fickle and all those who fancy a chat and if I've missed anyone please tell me.

This border thing...........if I was going to France...........I wouldn't drive left when they drive on the right. Cross a border and its your rules............its that simple.

Do roast potatoes count as veg...........I have grown to like sprouts, hate carrots and love cherry tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce. I hate, hate carrots. I love runner beans.

Oh Molls, we'll have to give you the clap tomorrow as well as

I'm toying between my leopard patterned trousers with tan fluffy jumper or my Eyyore pyjamas.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Rusty.
                          So I usually end up with a latge salad. Even in winter. LOVING freshly cooked beetroot at the moment. ( pink pee)
                          I keep buying brocolli and not knowing what to do with it - any tips for green veg that doesn't involve just boiling would be welcome.
                          Morning Army!!

Ah, Satzy - you have touched on one of my favourite topics. Here in GREECE :smile: we do beetroots two ways - one is simply EVOO, oregano, grated fresh garlic (if you want it) and red wine vinegar. Toss together, let sit for a bit and enjoy. The other is beetroot, Greek yoghurt, grated fresh garlic and vinegar to taste. Also needs to sit a bit. Very tasty.

As for the green veggies - my sister told me about broccoli. You boil it until still al dente then toss it with EVOO and grated fresh garlic put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and roast at fairly high temp until it starts to brown a bit. Remove, let cool and toss with some balsamic vinegar. You can also roast veggies such as eggplant, zucchini, green bell peppers and onions together with some EVOO, canned diced tomatoes, basil, salt and garlic. And cayenne pepper if you want to spice it up a bit. Just before the veggies come out of the oven, put chunks of feta cheese on top and leave til they melt a bit. Very yummy as well. And easy. If I want to make a meal of it, I put boneless, skinless chicken thighs in among the veggies and it's a meal in one.

Molly's recipe sounds fantastic. Will give that a try.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - go with the leopard trousers. Just in case....
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Evening folks,
                            The outfits are boggling my mind JC!
                            I'm getting that lovely rain at last too Bridget
                            How about roasted brussel sprouts.. YUM Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Garlic Recipe - NYT Cooking
                            I love roasted veg.. carrots, onions, garlic, pumpkin, beetroot, sweet potato etc.. and if its green beans or broccoli, I steam them and sometimes slice a bit of mushroom & zucchini with salt on top. V tasty. I think boiling loses half the vitamins in the water. Beetroot is also very good liver detox if you can grate it into your salad raw or juice it.
                            Congratulations Chancer on your new pad, hope you are feeling at home and enjoying some reading and soon some lovely sleeeeeeep. Sounds like you are making all the right choices.. Well done you!
                            Nothing mutch to say for myself tonight so settling in with a book. I think counting the days is a big help right now because it reminds me I haven't been doing this for that long and I'm feeling soooo much better already.
                            Nighters all and be well

Comment

Originally posted by outofchances View Post
                              Evening all. Hope everyone is ok. So I moved into my new place. I'm a bit bored now so I ordered a take away. Remember I said I had cravings? Well I was unpacking, putting away the shopping and that and I found 3 cans left in at the back of the press. I had to laugh. This was a test alright. I dropped them up to my neighbours upstairs. Yay me! I've no telly yet so I'm watching TV on the laptop. It's a bit quiet and lonely so far. I'll have a lot of time on my hands so I aim to get stuck into recovery now that I have my own space to think and write etc.
                              Chance, my lad - you should be extremely proud of yourself for passing that test. Well done. As for having time on your hands, that can be a problem but as you know, there is an immense world right in front of you on your lappie. And writing is good therapy. Helps get your thoughts in order an it's something you can go back to if you need to remember what you're going through now. Anyway, you are doing a smashing job and it's wonderful to see you moving ahead.
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning Rusty.
                                I like to roast broccoli in butter and a sprinkle of salt in the oven til it gets charred around the edges,so good! Waves to all and enjoy your day all
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X