International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Sooooooo, the secondary schools (years 7 to 12) are opening on Monday. God help us! Mainly so kids who will be writing college/uni entrance exams won't lose their year. IMVHO, they have already lost it. I doubt there was much serious studying done while we've been in lockdown - lessons supposedly done online - simply because there was no incentive for them to study and they have probably been bored to tears. Also some of the shops will open - hair salons being one category. However, I heard that they will not be allowed to use hair blowers for fear of blowing germs to the client seated in the next chair. And if you want yer nails done, it has to be behind a plexiglass screen that only has a small slit for you to shove yer one hand through at a time. Jaysus. Might better just leave everything shut down for another month and then let things go back to normal. I'm very much afraid that when the restrictions are lifted that people will go a little wild and we will be right back where we started 2 months ago withing a very short time.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Very late check in! Rusty my daughter also in Norway and working in the hospital (unit)where the first virus started. Sounds all ok over there. Just glad she got back to Norway instead of the UK.
      Hoping Cancer treatment for Mr A will start again soon. Uk sounds such a dangerous place.
      Just seen the telling off on the forum from admin! Straight talking is often misheard!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
        Just seen the telling off on the forum from admin! Straight talking is often misheard!
        Yeah Ms I'm not happy with that. I've been doing nothing put supporting Kev all along - and that really was a serious question. I don't understand what he wants to discuss.
        But if free speech is now restricted - so be it .. it's very disppointing.

Comment

I think if the context of the whole thread had been taken into account it would have been clear that he had been given more support than most of us were given or gave in our day - but look -- it is what it is.. I lost my temper with him - and felt it was quite a normal reaction under the circumstances.. but -- so be it... it's not what it was round here... I hated the abuse that was doled out daily in the old days - but a wee bit of spirit?? nah -- PC it shall be.... we can discuss the weather ;-)

Hi MrsA -- didn't realise his cancer treatment was completely halted -- that's terrible.. I believe the 'normal' hospitals over here are empty -- so everyone who had cancer.. heart problems... tumours... etc etc… all afraid to present in case the hospitals are dangerous places... or are the doctors and consultants not available... ?
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Agreed, he's never lacked support before. We're all in a time of great anxiety and we're tired of it all and things get heated.
            Got my pneumonia jab, and my temperature is 97.1...........which is normal. Murse in all her glory with her full kit on. Rather weird like getting an inhection from a cyberman.
            Went to Asda (poor mans Tesco) after.............it was all very safe and full of stuff but the queuing outside in the vile almost winter-like weather (and I'd lost a glove).
            God knows what we bought as I couldn't get out quick enough...........think its raspberry trifle sandwiches for dinner tomorrow
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              I couldn't get out quick enough...........think its raspberry trifle sandwiches for dinner tomorrow
              & chips ?

Comment

Evening folks, quick check in, all good here. Spent half an hour reading back and still haven’t caught up but I need to sleep right now, been busy digging in between heavy showers most of the day. Nice to see the army this busy again.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Evening all,

I'm hungry again, for a bit of broccoli.
                  Rustop, Mr M barbecues all year round. No fire alarm for steaks either :happy2:
                  Good to see places starting to get back to a bit of normality, although I cant imagine anything being the same as before for a while yet. But it will.

Weather is changing, but I suppose it will stop people moving about over the bank holiday this weekend. I like a bit of rain.
                  I got stopped by the guards this morning, coming home from the butchers. Such excitement.
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all. Hope you all ok. I haven't had much time to read through everything. My laptop is my TV until Friday, and TV is my current distraction. Currently stuck into The Last Kingdom, Giri/Haji and Sex Education on Netflix.

I received a phone call from the Inspector today to receive my formal caution - this is were Covid-19 is an advantage, otherwise I would have had to go to the station, so I was more than happy to do it over the phone. That chapter is closed now.

Called down home to collect the rest of my stuff. It was weird - first time being back in 3 weeks. The kids were there. I sorted some practical things out with my wife and then we all sat down as a family. I made my apologies to the kids and then spoke as honestly as I could about what had happened i.e. getting drunk, getting loud and then shouting at them and trying to trash the house, then getting arrested for ebing drunk and a danger too myself.
                    They were respectful. They expressed their anger, hurt and frustration. My son is still very angry, but he said there was no point in not being polite about it - it would do no one any good. He's 17 and seems more worldly wise than me.
                    They spoke of there anxiety and caution when I was in "a mood", or even just in general. Staying awake so they could here what I was like going to bed. I had no idea. This is even if I wasn't drinking. So they need space away from me. Ouch. That hurts to type that. I've spent my life thinking I was their protector, ready to go to war with anyone that hurt them, yet I'm the one that has hurt them the most.
                    But I think there is hope though. I'm much more hopeful than I was before today. All in all I spent 3 hours there talking to everyone.

I'm still worried about my marriage. I feel like I'm getting mixed messages, but I'm unsure if that's just me reading the situation incorrectly. For now it feels like I'm circling the airport in a holding position. I don't like uncertainty. But I'm going to have to learn to live with it.

Comment

Chances - :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I will never be hungry for broccoli.
                        [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] Ouch indeed. I spent a lot of time convinced that I was only hurting myself by drinking. The truth is we either don't remember or are numbed to the effects we have on those around us. It's devastating to them and also us, when we finally realise what arseholes we've been to them, even if by default/neglect rather than active abuse. I've still never had the conversations that I should have had years ago because I can't stand the thought of it. I'm glad you have. You are way ahead of the game in so many ways.

At one point I used to wonder what it would be like to see a video of myself drunk with other people's reactions that I was previously unaware of. Like an episode of The Office. God...

Anyway, Hi Mr G and reading back!
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning all!!

Originally posted by brit View Post
                          Hoping Cancer treatment for Mr A will start again soon. Uk sounds such a dangerous place.
                          Mrs. A - hope things get started ASAP. And that they take the necessary precautions to keep him safe from any and all germs/viruses, etc. Sending you hugs.

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - my sister told me of a neighbour's child who eats his mac and cheese between two slices of bread so I guess your meal won't be far off. Dinner and dessert in one mouthful! Hope you don't have any reaction from the pneu jab. Can't believe your weather is so foul. Woke up to 18C here today. Bliss. Supposed to go up to 24 by 2pm. It's a long weekend starting tomorrow. The weather forecast says 25 tomorrow, 26 on Saturday and 24 on Sunday but with thunder storms. Planning to spend a great deal of time outside on my patio tomorrow and Saturday then huddled up in front of the TV on Sunday with home-made pizza for lunch!

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] - good to see you. I wish I had a real garden to work in instead of just potted plants to fiddle with!!

[MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION] - you are making great strides and I am in awe that you are taking such positive steps so soon. Personally, I'm like [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - I have never had a conversation with my children about my drinking. I need to at some point but it is truly a difficult thing for me to do.

Must get back to the books - will catch up with you all later. Hope you all have a satisfying day!!
                          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Hope Mr A gets his treatment sorted, such a worrying time. Lucky you Stirly, it’s grey and wet here this morning but in fairness we have had a few lovely weeks. On the plus side I got my food cupboard cleaned out yesterday when it was raining.

Very brave Chancy to have that conversation, you are meeting this head on. Like Bridget I have never had that conversation with my family. Maybe things never came to a head with guards called etc but also because it is too uncomfortable. Feel with my girls I am leading by example. My excitement for today is grocery shopping. Catch you all later.

Comment

I found it essential (for me) to talk openly to my family about what was 'then' and what is 'now' ..it improved our relationships tenfold tbh..and instead of a ' bit of a muddle' in the past....the way my parents dealt with things..it was fully discussable.. but as I say always...just me!! My kids ALL come openly to me with their own probs and worries...mind you..that's a mixed blessing!

Edit... having said all that -- my two younger kids were pretty young at the time and it was definitely more to them I felt it was necessary - the older boys were in their 30's and well able to make up their own minds.. it's more with teens and young 20's I was referring to... I think any 'hidden' secrets can cause untold damage - I know that first hand from my own family of origin
                              Last edited by mollyka; April 30, 2020, 03:42 AM.
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Waves ro Chancer, bridgeee, KTabbers, Bridgeeee, G-man, Satzuma, Mollymoo, Cirlywirlystirlycirly, Brit (aka Whizzy), Rustletops and if I missed you please shout out.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                & chips ?
                                Of course.

Wondering why I've got itchy eyes and realised its about 200 years since I wore mascara.

I'm honest with my kids..........they lived through it. They're very proud of me now. The awful thing is I never realised that sometimes they dreaded bringing mates home because they weren't sure what state I'd be in. That was hard to hear but we've talked about it. The relationship we have now is open and honest and my biggest cheerleaders.
                                They know about my friends from MWO..........some I've met in real life some who are thousands of miles away and only seen on screen.
                                Mind you the S&H did ask why is my FB page full of alkies
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X