Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    I get dressed EVERY day...out of pyjamas...into my grown up daytime pyjamas:welldone:
    Such a treat to slum around at the mo.and yeah I'll prob get sick of that but for now I'm not going past basic hygiene still waiting for re-deployment
    Hope all feeling better today xx
    I'm wearing the new clothes I bought to go on holiday (which would have been two weeks tomorrow).

We're playing a waiting game with the company (Sykes Holidies btw) .. We're not going but if we cancel we loose £450. Its not huge in the great scheme of things, but the company has to cancel before we can claim on our insurance.

I still haven't cut my fringe.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army!!!

Ah, on the subject of dressing up or down during all of this. I called my Mom on Skype yesterday and she appeared on the screen wearing a lovely turquoise scarf and fancy earrings. So I asked - Where are you off to? (she and her partner have been self-isolated for 3 weeks now but they do go for the occasional drive in the car). She answered that she wasn't going anywhere, just cleaning her oven. Well, I said, you look lovely! She replied that we have to be careful not to let ourselves go and turn into slobs during all of this. That from a woman who will be 90 in July. She is my superstar. Always positive, always ready for whatever life throws at her!

I agree with what [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] said about being kind to each other and also that we need to take care of ourselves. We are all super fragile. Younger son came by the store with his boy a while ago. It kills me not to be able to scoop him up and hug him tight but I can't risk getting this damn virus and we don't know how careful former DIL is as far as him coming into contact with others. Then I was thinking about Easter in a few weeks. I'll most likely be by myself at home - Skype call with my family but that's about it. Not the best circumstances but we have to do these things and get through this the best we can. So yeah - gentle with ourselves and others. :hug:

And a thought occurred to me earlier. The USA had their Jackie O -admired and loved by many. MWO has their own Jackie LO and the same thing goes for her. :heartbeat:!!

Course yers all luved.... :smile:
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]..............Love it Jackie Lo............mind you does that mean I have to be dressed up every day.
        I'm going to wear my wedding hat to the Zoom on Sunday.
        Yep, the oldies could teach us a thing or two. My MIL is immaculate every single day.

We reckon there'll be a baby boom this Christmas. Hope one of the little beggars is my grand-child.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].
          We reckon there'll be a baby boom this Christmas. Hope one of the little beggars is my grand-child.
          Gawd, I hope so!!! Can't wait to see you and Mr. JC as grandparents. Tears and more tears and babbling!! It's really quite overwhelming seeing your child become a parent. So you get to enjoy it double. And you get to send the little one home when he/she acts up .... inkele:

Comment

Good morning everyone and what a beautiful morning it is. Did lovely walk with doggies and now am going out into the garden for a while. Taking it day by day.

Comment

Good afternoon. Someone (I think it was Rusty) asked yesterday about what happens here in the UK for us oldies. As I am 73 I am supposed to stay at home. As my husband is having Chemo. He is medically critically vulnerable so the government are giving us a weekly food parcel. Also he must stay indoors for 12 weeks and I have to do the same to keep him safe.

He is in a great deal of pain but we are getting enough medication to help.

On the positive side I am feeling well and managing to run 5k around my little garden. I do have to feed my replacement but healthy addiction.

Funnily enough I used to have big drinking thoughts when I came on here!

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]:tenten: on the running. That's the thing they're doing with my Aunt, she's 78 looks about 60 and would you believe worried about her fringe.
                Do you get a phone call from your parish council as well? Sending Mr Brit a very, very gentle :hug:

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............I've just finished my ninth knitted teddy......they'll be going in the window first .............Coronavirus outbreak: Teddy bear hunt helps distract kids under lockdown - BBC News
                Then on to the Children's Heart Unit up the road.

We have to do Bess twice a day, she's a very old lady so no long treks..........she 'owns' the big field..........no other dogs dare go near her.

Now its tapestry time :happy2:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Throwback Friday - WHAT were we thinking
                  This is 250,000 mingling at Cheltenham - MrS being one of them.

They reckon now this may account for a lot of cases. We've learned so much since...
                  But ye know those thousands who out of it in one piece has to be another positive !
                  'Cos 250,000 X 20 ( which was the multiplier then) = 5 million - so we're all doing well :applause2:

Comment

My mother has COVID-19
                    But I will not panic. She is not sick at all. She is in great form & yapping on the phone today...... I dunno

Comment

Don't panic..you said yourself the old people in your care home are recovering..really hoping she'll be ok Benjy xx
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Sending hugs and strength your way Satzy. Just today read of a girl who had it - her only symptoms were a runny nose and a scratchy throat. She was over it in a couple of days. So, what Molls said - don't panic - lots of older people, too, have just a mild case.....

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]:tenten: on the running. That's the thing they're doing with my Aunt, she's 78 looks about 60 and would you believe worried about her fringe.
                          Do you get a phone call from your parish council as well? Sending Mr Brit a very, very gentle :hug:

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............I've just finished my ninth knitted teddy......they'll be going in the window first .............Coronavirus outbreak: Teddy bear hunt helps distract kids under lockdown - BBC News
                          Then on to the Children's Heart Unit up the road.
                          What a great idea! This reminded me of Rags from he Undies thread. She and Mr. Rags traveled a lot an they always took their teddies with them! Dog, that seems like half a lifetime ago that there was an Undies thread. Great read, it was. Amazing humour!!!

I wonder if we should find the MWO World Tour and bump it. Damn, that was fun. And we got to see so many places. And so many wonderful Tigger hosts -just amazing....!!! :heartbeat:

Comment

So sorry to hear about your mum Satz. I hope she kicks it to the curb very soon

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............a long distant ........:hug:.............for you and your mum.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hug: same here Satz, thinking of you xx

Comment

Working...
                                X