International Army April 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Sorry to hear that Satz, hoping she's one of the many who get it, have an easy time and it goes away! Love to all from Vegas
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Covit 19 shoes [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION] are shoes purchased to help us manage the situation. Notice how much 'vodka' clothes Bridge has, the devil.
      '
      Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Morning isolators!
      Is everyone still experiencing crazy sleeping patterns? I'm getting up in the middle of the night for a cuppa because I can get away with it..
      NO, that sounds ridiculous! If I even have to go too the loo at night I do it with my eyes shut (try it), to avoid missing out on a nanosecond of sleep.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      :
      Violet in the same room had a cough which was new - unlike my mothers 'old' raggedy cough. I think they tested both of them for that reason - dunno really.
      Doctor who rang said after 7 days symptoms get worse -
      all very vague regarding the testing. ... they are supposed to have 2 symptoms to qualify for test but doctor said no - no temperature...
      We've decided anyway if she gets very bad that she will not be transferred to lie on a trolly in Hospital corridor. ICU bed will not be priority for a 90 year old.
      She will stay where she is & be treated by the nurses, carers & doctors that she knows.
      Does Violet have it too? Your right about not sending her to hospital. Fingers crossed.
      Your DS's wedding is not until late summer? hard to know. Would they consider a family wedding and put the big party on hold until this blows over?

That Twitter (tweet) is v funny!

Not taking away from the upheaval and devastation of this virus, it is humbling. Everything is stripped back to the basics and keeping an eye on each other.. (I still want my new kitchen and windows though).
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Late for parade,

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..............my sleep is all over the place.............doesn't help that being a raving alkie for years and passing out rather than proper sleep. This extra stress isn't doing much good.............but I've got things to do in the wee small hours. I can't go anywhere.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............I hope there's an amnesty for @@@@@ you.
        Stress of any kind has always gone to my stomach..........I'm not really eating, I'm nibbling. Was talking to our pet scientist, Jenny, and she told me we have two brains.

Interesting articles:
        Nutritionist reveals how the gut is your 'second brain' | Daily Mail Online
        Your gut is directly connected to your brain, by a newly discovered neuron circuit | Science | AAAS

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........Mr JC's ex-work wife...........or his secretary that left last month but they'd been together for 17 years..............her husband was at Cheltenham. She always said depending on his winnings they would either have a couple of weeks abroad or a weekend in a caravan for their summer holidays.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] @@@@away!! Theres a first:congratulatory: far bigger things to worry bout!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Not sleeping well here either but I don't get up..just Audible in my ears

Edit..rude! Hey Jude and Pauly!!:happy2:
            Last edited by mollyka; April 4, 2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

With Mr. JC having to work I creep downstairs..............which at 3am sounds like to me like a rogue elephant in temper.

Miy bad as well, big waves to Jude and Pauly..........always lovely to see you.:hug:
              Last edited by JackieClaire; April 4, 2020, 10:58 AM.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

An early morning hello from me!!

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - please check in and let us know how your Mum is doing. :hug:

Rained cats, dogs and elephants all night here - rust coloured rain. It happens in the spring. Dust clouds blow in from Africa and then it rains and makes a rusty soup that the heavens drop on us.:confusion: Then we get the yellow rain when all the pine trees are in bloom and the pollen from them makes yellow puddles. Anyway, both a change from plain old rain!!:calm:

Wishing us all a day as good as we can make it!!
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

And good morning from me too no rusty coloured ,rain here is absolutely glorious this morning the big question though is will because it's lovely everyone decide that the virus doesn't apply for today ? We shall see take care and stay safe everyone
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning! Yeah Mick was just looking at UK weather..sounds like you'll get a peach of a day...not over here tho so the garden may need to wait another day or two...re-kindling my love of the garden tho..running low on compost unfirtunately...still can't bring myself out to a shop!!
                    Last edited by mollyka; April 5, 2020, 02:27 AM.

Comment

FFS. HAd a big post typed & lost the feckin' thing.

In a nutshell - it took ALL DAY YESTERDAY, emails to HIQA & HSE , Twitter to the Health Minister (DD) to even get a call through. This is to a HSE owned Care Home where my mother is and are paid €1800 a week.
                      No one is manning the phone in there. Families are left high & dry after the news their parent has COVID-19.
                      When we ring we get the bloke on security.
                      I do not expect a nurse to answer the phone - they need to go shaggin' pay someone to communicate to families.
                      This is going on weeks now - so they should have a strategy for communications by now.

Sunday rant complete .....

Comment

FFS. HAd a big post typed & lost the feckin' thing.

In a nutshell - it took ALL DAY YESTERDAY, emails to HIQA & HSE , Twitter to the Health Minister (DD) to even get a call through. This is to a HSE owned Care Home where my mother is and are paid €1800 a week.
                        No one is manning the phone in there. Families are left high & dry after the news their parent has COVID-19.
                        When we ring we get the bloke on security.
                        I do not expect a nurse to answer the phone - they need to go shaggin' pay someone to communicate to families.
                        This is going on weeks now - so they should have a strategy for communications by now.

Sunday rant complete .....
                        Satzy - I'd be flippin' furious if that was happening to me!! Is this place far away? Obviously you would not want to go there yourself because of the restrictions but what about an anonymous call to a local TV or radio station about the lack of communication with the families of the people being cared for there. Somebody has to be made accountable for the lack of information that is being given concerning those with the virus...!!!!

Comment

"Waves" to Molly and Mick and anyone who checks in later....

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                            Morning! Yeah Mick was just looking at UK weather..sounds like you'll get a peach of a day...not over here tho so the garden may need to wait another day or two...re-kindling my love of the garden tho..running low on compost unfirtunately...still can't bring myself out to a shop!!
                            God I like going to the shops Molls. There is a real air of solidarity & 'we're in this together' while Qing to get into Tesco.
                            It's really positive experience - no crowded shop - to see everyone keeping their distance and HSE guidelines being followed by everyone or people tackle them just with one look.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                              Satzy - I'd be flippin' furious if that was happening to me!! Is this place far away? Obviously you would not want to go there yourself because of the restrictions but what about an anonymous call to a local TV or radio station about the lack of communication with the families of the people being cared for there. Somebody has to be made accountable for the lack of information that is being given concerning those with the virus...!!!!
                              All in hand Stirls.:thumbsup:

Edit : I want to stress we are not asking for medical staff to talk to us every time - just take a message & ring nominated next of kin later.
                              When you complain they make you feel guilty that the nurses are busy. I DON'T want to take a nurse away from her job I just want communication with regard to the status of the virus in the care home & promise of a call:rant:
                              Last edited by satz123; April 5, 2020, 04:03 AM.

Comment

God I like going to the shops Molls. There is a real air of solidarity & 'we're in this together' while Qing to get into Tesco.
                                It's really positive experience - no crowded shop - to see everyone keeping their distance and HSE guidelines being followed by everyone or people tackle them just with one look.
                                Not my last experience at all I'm afraid..
                                You should for sure have info and contact with your mum...shocking

Comment

Working...
                                X