X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army April 2020

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    All in hand Stirls.:thumbsup:

Edit : I want to stress we are not asking for medical staff to talk to us every time - just take a message & ring nominated net of kin later.
    When you complain they make you feel guilty that the nurses are busy. I DON'T want to take a nurse away from her job I just want communication with regard to the status of the virus in the care home & promise of a call:rant:
    Originally posted by mollyka View Post
    Not my last experience at all I'm afraid..
    You should for sure have info and contact with your mum...shocking
    What Molls said!! Of course you don't want to take medical staff away from their job but is their no secretarial staff or someone who could, as you say - call the next of kin once a day and update them on the status of the people who have the virus. Good God - your Mum has it and you have no info??????????????!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't bear thinking about!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning everyone. God that is so hard Satz and as you say all they need is someone to communicate with you. Nice morning over this side Molly. Did my walk and it’s weird no cars or people. Did see one car with a bike on the back heading to the woods. He will be lucky if it’s there when he gets back. Guards towed away and impounded cars yesterday in the village near here, blocking the entrance to a wood. Idiots.

Comment

Hi Rusters!
        I have two sons who are only a year apart - both late 30's and hard to believe that they are in any way related... #1 is 'the good lad' -- in fairness to him - he genuinely always has been. Keeps in touch - worries about us - did school/college/good job all in the right order - has a lovely GF - on and on and on #2 is/was a nightmare... can't even begin to tell the stories of the scrapes he's gotten into over the years - refused college and sailed off to Oz to work - travelled the world god knows what went on.. etc etc etc...…
        Talking to both yesterday -- #1 regaling us about how he is looking after neighbours and generally 'doing all the right things' --- and THEN.... he says - 'oh and we had a lovely walk today' - 'so where was that?' says I -- up around the Phoenix Park and all the way back along the canal -- says I 'that's more than 2k?' (that's our distance from our home that we are allowed) -- 'ah yeah -- it was 25k but we socially distanced from everyone' --------like WHAT THE FUCK? -- you're s'posed to abide by the governments rules --- not YOUR rules --- #2 (MrNotsoperfect) had spent the day doing arts and crafts with his wee sons..... --- sorry -- just amused me
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

So sorry to hear all the kerfuffle about your Mum Satz. Hope everyone is Ok. Funny world we live in Molly those boys!!

Did you hear about the 3000 people in the park in London??

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
            So sorry to hear all the kerfuffle about your Mum Satz. Hope everyone is Ok. Funny world we live in Molly those boys!!

good god no! but sure -- look my MrWonderful could have been with 2,999 others in the Phoenix Park - so not going to point fingers outside my own family!
            How are you and MrA doing? Sanity intact?

Comment

nearly 6 years off the smokes THANKS Stirly!--- had NO idea -- genuinely -- my quit date for the grog is clear in my head - but once I got through that first 3 weeks of not smoking I knew if I went back on them it would be a conscious 'choice' -(have never said 'never' re. cigarettes - sorry!) whereas with the drink --- NAH --- that can DEFINITELY never happen!!!!
              Last edited by mollyka; April 5, 2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Mrs. A - hope you and Mr. A are coping. Good for you on getting some running in!!

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Well, since it's a quiet day - here's something to give us a bit of a laugh. Subject - "that's how the fight started....."

One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot
                  as a Christmas gift...

The next year, I didn't buy her a gift.
                  When she asked me why, I replied,
                  "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

And that's how the fight started.
                  __________________________________________________ ___________________

I took my wife to a restaurant.

The waiter, for some reason, took my order first.

"I'll have the rump steak, rare, please."
                  He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"
                  "Nah, she can order for herself."

And that's when the fight started.....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school
                  reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his
                  drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

I asked her, "Do you know him?"
                  "Yes", she sighed,
                  "He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking
                  right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he
                  hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on
                  celebrating that long?"

And then the fight started...

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed.
                  But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat,
                  making beer.. Always something more important to me.

Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.
                  When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing
                  scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into
                  the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again
                  I handed her a toothbrush.

I said, "When you finish cutting the
                  grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.
                  She asked, "What's on TV?"
                  I said, "Dust."

Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the
                  boat up to the van and proceeded to back out into a torrential
                  downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather
                  would be bad all day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my wife's back;
                  now with a different anticipation,
                  and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And, can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"

And that's how the fight started...

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary.
                  She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds."

I bought her a bathroom scale.

And then the fight started......

After retiring, I went to the Social Security office to apply
                  for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me

for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets

and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that

I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.
                  So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.

She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.

She said, 'You should have dropped
                  your pants. You might have gotten disability too.'

My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.

She was not happy with what she saw and said to me,
                  "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you
                  to pay me a compliment.'

I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

And then the fight started........

Comment

Hola Army. Just want to say stay healthy and safe. Things have nosed dived here in the past several days. I’ve had to cancel my oncology appointments as I’m considered high risk, age, cancer, and hx of asthma. While I maintain excellent physical shape (I’ve done the work) this virus is still a huge danger. Fortunately, I live on a golf course and can run & walk daily. It’s rare to see someone else on the paths. However, just outside my community things are extremely bad. There is a triage center set up in town. It’s full.

So, my message to you all is take every precaution you can. We’ll all get through this together. Life has thrown us all so many challenges, this is just one more. I believe, there is not a stronger, more resilient group then us MWOers.

Thanks for the humor, Stirls!
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Just a quickie..............been having awful probs with the laptop or in fact anything attached to the with ................just what you fecking need.:sad:

They closed the car parks at all our beaches. So it was only local people for local beaches and seeing how it freezing to start with up north..........there's no bugger about.

Just noticed I've lost spell check as well. I'm going to have to carry a dictionary with me at all times.............I'll add that to my sanitiser bag.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well we have a result. Got a phone call from NH from the : 'new person appointed to contact families and give them updates...' Mother is still well - no change & in good form. :yay:

Went to Lidl in the afternoon - needed some things.
                        God it was awful. I almost had a panic attack...

I know how I waxed lyrical the other day about shopping in Tesco - well this trip today was horrendous.
                        No restrictions on how many went in - people everywhere. No social distancing - Everything felt dirty I dunno what it was.
                        I felt my skin crawl as I was going around & I ran to the till after 10 minutes.

At the till the guy had a face like a slapped arse & wore gloves.
                        I thought I might send him over the edge if I were to tell him : 'The latest information on gloves is they should be discarded after one used and not worn continuously - because that defeats the purpose. Germs on gloves is the same as germs on your hands - if you touch your face. They give a false sense of security. Just wash yer hands'. So I didn't ....

Will not be going there again any time soon.

Comment

Also I'm tired of people moaning about being cooped up - all we've been asked to do is STAY IN - to STAY SAFE !!! Don't go too far but it's ok to exercise by walking..
                          How hard is that ?
                          We all have a roof, a house - enough food ........ We have phones, Skype, video calls on WhatApp , Netflix etc.
                          We need to cop the feck on.

Comment

London park forced to close after 3, ignore coronavirus lockdown and cops break up 18th birthday party – The Sun

Oh MsA. They'll mess it up for everyone. They'll clamp down even more now ?
                            Whatever about Molly's boy & GF just walking the canal - i think that's ok - really - kinda minding their own business. Not sure what the 2k limit will do ?
                            But that closeness of ALL those people in one area is scary :egad:

See a lad over here is running a full marathon 'round a patch of grass for charity - :haha:
                            Last edited by satz123; April 5, 2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Ok 3 in a row - night night .....
                              Bridge Jacks asked me to leave some overnight oats for you in the fridge - enjoy......
                              Put the padlock back on the fridge in case [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] decides to raid the barracks.

And that Mers one is out after curfew ...... dirty stop-out !!!!
                              Last edited by satz123; April 5, 2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

HaHa, Im here, sure where would I be going!!
                                Glad they got back to you on your mam and shes doing well. Did they commit to another quick call tomorrow?

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], mind yourself :hug: You're doing all the right things. So lucky you have the space to run/cycle.. good for the head.

We're all adhering to the 2k limit - (Mr M mapped me out a 10k route yesterday, which I never ran before, so that was interesting) - that said, i think the 2m social distance is much more important and not everyone has a decent stroll near them. Mind you, theres no excuse out your way Molly!

Supervalu in skerries was horrendous yesterday too.. Lidl in Balbriggan is excellent Molly, especially close to closing.

Keep them coming Stirls!!
                                Last edited by IamMary; April 5, 2020, 05:52 PM.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X