International Army Mayl 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........just @@@ing you while I get the chance............ Mr JC used to spend hours pruning our roses. One year he was using his electric strimmer to do the hedges and just decided he was fed up with pruning and just lopped of the heads off all the rose bushes...............we had the most beautiful display of roses ever. He's done ever since.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

We interpreted the smalls as 'not people' yesterday - and cos Joey is the baby we catagorized him as 'not people' either -- think that nearly had us down to 4 -- oh feck -- tbh I'm sick to death of the whole lot of it -- it was perfectly ok for me to go into a workplace not in ANY way adapted for virus etc.. with 4 other people who I've no idea where they had been for the last 14 days -- for 8 hours... but somehow 5 people spread out around a big garden is maybe NOT ok -- well sorry -- it's ok for me -- I am now taking responsibility for my own social distancing -- masking - and hand washing.... I will NOT go to the beach with 200 other people - but if I want to go SIX kilometres on the bike at 6am -- I will do so... enough!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
        [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........just @@@ing you while I get the chance............ Mr JC used to spend hours pruning our roses. One year he was using his electric strimmer to do the hedges and just decided he was fed up with pruning and just lopped of the heads off all the rose bushes...............we had the most beautiful display of roses ever. He's done ever since.
        yup -- I've been doing that for years -- WAY better to do than that faffing around - I do like dead heading tho

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
          HAHA -- literally watching some poor politician -- transport secretary apparently according to Joe -- over there trying -- REALLY trying to explain the inexplicable to Andrew Marr on BBC -- sweet latherin heart of jesus -- if he survives THIS??? seriously - I worry that Trump is changing the whole world into thinking if you say something often enough it must be true --- it truly truly frightens me -- and if it's infected Britain it's probably only a hop skip and a jump from happening here....
          Cross-post there, Molls. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

Mr. JC brought up the point how many times did they stop for a toilet break and what kind of car holds enough petrol to do a round trip of over 500 miles. Twice.
          I must get in the garage (its where all the books are 'til we finish the fecking re-furb) and re-read Stephen King's The Stand.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

yup -- I've been doing that for years -- WAY better to do than that faffing around - I do like dead heading tho
            Pa-in-law even asked what his technique was............of course Mr JC. lied through his teeth.

Still blowing gales up north...........so there'll be no seaside for us.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Could not get on early yesterday and then when I did get on I thought I posted but it seems to have disappeared. Think we just have to use our common sense and we are all trying to do our bit, roughly sticking to our 5km. Masks and washing hands etc. Him driving that distance was inexcusable, no wonder Mr JC so angry.

We had the wind, even some rain yesterday but today has turned out glorious. Spent the last two days in the garden, bliss. However it’s a bit like the house, the more I do the more I see that needs doing.

Comment

Hey Rusters -- gorgeous day alright - read in the garden all afternoon - only after coming in... could get used to the lay-about life ;-)

Comment

Hiya Army!

Absolutely gorgeous day here as well. Spent all morning re-potting plants and tidying my garden/patio area. Looks great. Didn't want to come inside. Just felt such contentment all day due to the weather and my surroundings. Over all had a wonderful weekend - totally rested now and ready to face another wicked week at work!!

As for the UK minister traveling by car - a Canadian opposition party leader did even better. Traveling on a private 9-seater plane - himself and two other politicians were going from western Canada to Ottawa, the capital. They stopped to pick up his wife and five kids so his family didn't have to fly commercial as they were relocating til the end of Spring. So - 9-seater plane with three politicians plus the one man's wife and five kids adds us to 9 people. Not much social distancing done on that flight. It was around the 13th of April when regulations were already in place. Like Jackie said - one law for us - another for them...

As for our Mr. Correct - that would be older son. Jaysus - would drive you mental sometimes. Ex-Mr. Stirly is a Mr. Correct as well but only as far as things go for others. Himself, he does whatever suits him and to heck with the rest of the world. Blatantly bends "rules" but always has an excuse as to why it's okay for HIM to do it....

Found a baby praying mantis on one of my plants was only about one centimeter long. Here it's sitting on top of a solar light thingey. So cute...

Praying Mantis.jpg

And my cherry tomato plants - I have two - have 22 little tomatoes on them. I'll have enough for a salad by the end of June!!inkele:

Last edited by stirly-girly; May 24, 2020, 01:22 PM.
                  For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                  AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Oh, and I made two discoveries today with help from my landlady. I knew we have many fruit trees in the garden - orange, lemon, apricot, pear and purple plum. Today she showed me the green-gage plum tree and then picked me some cherries! We have two cherry trees but the leaves are large and the cherries are kind of hidden behind them so I had never noticed it. They were a little hard and not too sweet but heck, they got picked right from our trees!!
                    Last edited by stirly-girly; May 24, 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Oh a cherry tree sounds lovely! We had plum trees when I was growing up - and I have some apple trees - used to have pears - but that was our last house.. I do think there's something romantic about a cherry one tho!

Comment

Oh a cherry tree sounds lovely! We had plum trees when I was growing up - and I have some apple trees - used to have pears - but that was our last house.. I do think there's something romantic about a cherry one tho!
                        They are so pretty when they blossom, Molls. Just beautiful. And the orange trees fill the air with the most gorgeous scent when they are in bloom. Love being so close to nature. Glad you have a garden and one big enough to hold your whole brood. Fantastic!

Off to bed in a bit. Wishing you all a restful sleep and a really good week ahead. Nighters!!

Comment

Needless to say, there's an uproar.............the slimy toad is keeping his job. Remember the days when their were gentlemen who did the right thing...and there are still many................... but he's not one.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...I did a little squeal of delight at your praying mantras. Don't see many of them round here.

I'll say night, night now. :hug:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

NO he isn't.. and the so called upper class public school toffs who in the 'old days' were reared to be better than the great unwashed by having principles......
                            Right

Comment

it was perfectly ok for me to go into a workplace not in ANY way adapted for virus etc.. with 4 other people who I've no idea where they had been for the last 14 days -- for 8 hours... but somehow 5 people spread out around a big garden is maybe NOT ok -- well sorry -- it's ok for me -- I am now taking responsibility for my own social distancing -- masking - and hand washing.... I will NOT go to the beach with 200 other people - but if I want to go SIX kilometres on the bike at 6am -- I will do so... enough!
                              Here Here Ms Molly - asked myself the exact question many times.
                              So many nonsensical blanket rules aimed no doubt at stupid people - and they are not listening anyway. I'm sorry 'one size fits all' does not work in this case.
                              We will use our common sense to keep ourselves & those close to us safe.
                              If EVERYONE did that we'd be fine.
                              Last edited by satz123; May 25, 2020, 03:42 AM. Reason: I was tired & cranky

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
                                They are so pretty when they blossom, Molls. Just beautiful. And the orange trees fill the air with the most gorgeous scent when they are in bloom.
                                I want to be in Greece. NOW :rant:

Comment

Working...
                                X