Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army Mayl 2020

CAme across this while mooching around the Interweb :

Julia Gillard misogyny speech voted most unforgettable Australian TV moment: watch in full - YouTube

Bloody marvellous to be able to speak like that - she doesn't even flinch or miss a beat when they are trying to interrupt her !

Comment

Good morning to the bestest bunch of peeps!!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
      I want to be in Greece. NOW :rant:
      It is truly a joy to live in this country right now. I can't say enough about the weather. And the food. And the beaches. And the food. And the weather.... :smile:

Hopefully you will get here late summer. September, to me, is the perfect month to spend time in Greece. The weather is still warm, but not hot, the sea is warm and it is heaven! But I guess you already know that.

Anyway - nuff about my adopted country. I read something on another thread the other day that really resonated with me and I thought Chancers ( [MENTION=24493]outofchances[/MENTION]) and many others of us, could benefit from it. It said

"No amount of regret can change the past - no amount of anxiety can change the future."

All of us have made mistakes and done things we regret (especially when drunkl). However, we can't change that and eating ourselves up about what we did serves no purpose. We need to leave the past where it belongs - in the past - and continue to show ourselves and those close to us that we are now different people than we were when AL ruled our lives. We have taken control. We make our own decisions, we care for ourselves. What does the future hold?" We can't know. The best we can do is stay sober and use our inner strength to deal with whatever life throws us. Worrying about what may or may not happen is again fruitless. So many times we get ourselves in a dither about something and when the time comes, we find we have worried ourselves sick for no reason at all. Personally, I'm not going to worry about something til it gets here and then I will deal with it in the best way I can. Another saying I saw was this

"We can't always chose what music life plays for us but we can chose how we dance to it!"

Wishing you all a great week with sunshine, cherry blossoms and the feeling of contentment.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning all.
        OFF TODAY :yay:
        It's settled down & I am now working just weekends. This suits me for now 'cos there's nowhere to go and no management on site to irritate me.
        The less irritation the better oommmmmmm.

"We can't always chose what music life plays for us but we can chose how we dance to it!"
        That's it Stirls - it's how we react to something that makes us either happy or unhappy. We choose. ( not always easy when irritants abound )

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] has the right idea - think of listening to work irritants as a means to getting your next lovely plant, pair of mad shoes, new bathroom ( insert as desired).
        Last edited by satz123; May 25, 2020, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
          [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] has the right idea - think of listening to work irritants as a means to getting your next lovely plant, pair of mad shoes, new bathroom ( insert as desired).
          Well our one work irritant decided to go home today. Younger son and he were on their way to do a job and younger son asked him to pull up his socks and perform his job better. He said he felt that younger son is pressuring him and said he wanted to go home. So younger son said to him - "go and I expect your resignation." So he left. This is a man 45 years old, married with two children. He frankly has not contributed much since he started working 1-1/2 years ago and he gets 400 euros a month OVER the basic pay. Hmmmm. So now we're left with the smelly thick one.... :egad:
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,

I've now forgotten what I was going to say after watching the PM from Australia. :welldone: Then I had to do a bit of googling.
            Actually just saw the NZ on TV..........another woman.

BTW its 7 months 'til Christmas Day.

Bank Holiday today and after the debacle at the weekend (the shit has hit the fan.......there's more to come)............we won't be going far.

S&H back to work tomorrow. He's in for a deep clean tomorrow and then will follow orders. Although how do you sell posh sofas and chairs without sitting on them is beyond me but he's happy to be going back.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all -- another lovely day - went to the garden centre and bought myself a lovely huge terracotta pot for my patio - my treat to myself for no online shopping - no spending for months!! so crammed it full of plants and hope it's gonna be gorgeous in a few weeks. Love this time of the year -- everything is vivid green but the colours beginning to go rampant all over the place -- lovely.
              My baby's birthday today -- he's 26 -- holy shit!!
              Yeah - lots going back to work here too Jacks -- Joey will be back Monday - I'm back Monday week...
              Right -- fed up watching Michael Jordan on the tele - so going to bed to catch up on Corrie etc... nighters if I don't pop in later xx
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

OH -- Stirly -- just re-read your post -- presumed it was the smelly one you got rid of -- it's the other lad?? sheee---iite!!!!

Comment

Evening everyone. Oh pain Stirly, not easy running a business. I love this time of year too, we went to a few garden centres on Friday but still need more. Trying to catch up on my tv programmes that I have taped before they all descend on me.

Comment

Mornin all,
                    Crisp autumn morning here, very jealous of Stirly with her blossoming orchard. Was planning an overseas trip before Covid.. now thinking I will plan for Sept 2021.
                    Julia Gillard was wonderful. Don't know what to think about current lot. Kids all want to emigrate.
                    Excited because my weight on the app thingy has gone from red to orange to green! also found research last night that fibromyalgia is also related to blood sugar and insulin resistance .. thrilling to think if I can cure my insulin resistance life might also be less painful!
                    Might go into work early since i'm awake.
                    everyone have a beautiful day :flowersglow:

Comment

Just a quickie again,
                      Spent the afternoon in the front garden of my bezzie mate I met at infant school ..........57 years ago. :eek-new: It was her birthday today.
                      It was all very, very lovely. Scorcher of a day.Then her daughter & grandson turned up, honestly, its like to the hokey cokey trying to keep social distancing............so we came home.
                      See you on the flip side. :hug:
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Evening all -- another lovely day - went to the garden centre and bought myself a lovely huge terracotta pot for my patio - my treat to myself for no online shopping - no spending for months!! so crammed it full of plants and hope it's gonna be gorgeous in a few weeks. Love this time of the year -- everything is vivid green but the colours beginning to go rampant all over the place -- lovely.
                        My baby's birthday today -- he's 26 -- holy shit!!
                        Jesus Molls I can remember when he was a 20 year old - having parties in your garage & driving you nuts :egad:

I love this time of year too April/ May - everything new & still so fresh.
                        Still cool enough from a human to function when the sun shines & everything blooming .... lully.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          honestly, its like to the hokey cokey trying to keep social distancing............so we came home.
                          I had to go into work today to see a contractor. Lovely guy, but I think he thought it was 2cm not 2m. Then he shook my hand when he was leaving :egad: It happened so quickly, I just shock back, then went straight to the bathroom. I still felt bad about doing that.
                          [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], my 'karen' finally arrived today. :heartbeat:
                          Last edited by IamMary; May 25, 2020, 05:56 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning! - I'da done that too Mary (shook the hand) -- it would have been done and all and then I'd be thinkin --- WHAT HAVE I JUST DONE!!! I remember right back at the beginning - before the complete lockdown but we were all very much social distancing - the 2nd little granddaughter arrived for a wee visit -- the two girls saw each other and says I 'go on - have a hug' -- which of course they did -- waited with a bit of bated breath that neither would get the virus!! one of their mammies is a dental nurse - still working so deffo in an at risk group -- felt like such a muppet!!

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] is Karen your robot? I am loving mine, she sleeps in my room with me :belchha:
                              Last edited by fickle; May 26, 2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Morning all - beautiful day - off for a walk soon 'cos Rosie has me demented to get out. She loves the wide open spaces & a swim in the River Liffey at Castletown House.

Comment

Working...
                                X