International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Why Scousers particularly Whizzers? Sounds like UK is getting under control ....NO?
    We had a phone but I hated it as much at 8 as I hate it now.....BUT...I do remember my best friends phone no. From 55 years ago ...906580!!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all,
      How come you have Harvey Norman over there? I thought that was an Australian old boy's chain just in this country.
      Barry the possum is having some sort of personal meltdown outside the window tonight. He's on notice about it. I will go out and chuck potatoes again if I have to. In my undies as per.

Absolutely hate phones with a burning passion as well. Can't use the touch screens. My fingers seem to be too fat for the task or something. Hate the grubby little smears constantly all over the screen. Massive covid risk they are. Filthy things.

I found a loop hole in our return to work plan that I think I can use to work from home until December. God bless Work Health and safety with it's over - legislated risk aversion.

Would waiting it out in Oslo work [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] ?

What a lovely day on the bike Molls. You never would have done that, or enjoyed it, on a hangover.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Too right Bridge!

We have Harvey Norman all over the gaff..best electrical shop imo...was lined up (in my head) to buy a super duper ice cream machine from them with crimbo vouchers ....seems like a plan that was another life time away
        Listening to my circumstances to be In different branch tomorrow...no WAY is it appropriate for Covid living...so will see how happy I am and if needs be will play the joker ;-)

Comment

Evening everyone. I love Harvey Norman too. Just bought a new tv from them online and got a great deal. It was delivered today. Are there any flights to Oslo from the UK Brit? Only a handful of flights coming into Dublin. My daughter was saying that if she did come later in the summer and there were no direct flights, she might come through Amsterdam. The problem is self isolating, two weeks here and two weeks when she goes back so not worth it.

Working week over and now the real work begins. Lots done but lots more to do.

Comment

Just had a quick look at our local airport and its had two flights today............one to Aberdeen and the other Amsterdam.
            But then you've got the two weeks quarantine on either side Well not in Aberdeen.

I dunno, Molls, it seems like they're making it up as they go along at the moment. Schools back then they're not. Don't need masks and now we do.............. Deaths are down.......not sure if we say yippee or bang our heads of the wall.

Pubs (outisde only) and hairdressers open from 4th July.

But I've got a gazebo ............we tentatively opened the box and its looking rather sturdy and well made. Tomorrow we're getting out of the box.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

All you need is sunshine now Jacks!
              Hi Rusters... I'll be joining you in the world of part time now for a while ...never did work part time so curious how I'll find it!!
              Orf to bed ..night folks xx

Comment

But I've got a gazebo ...........
                :yay: Jacks

I'd love just an awning type yoke over the back door. We're south facing and the sun is so strong sometimes I want something for me & Rosie to hide under.
                Our garden is so small a gazabo would take up the whole place.

Two TV channels and both of them crap.
                No central heating.
                We never passed a phone box to see if there were coins left.
                How did we survive.
                One tv channel - RTE - that started AFTER we got the telly. Four of us spent 3 weeks looking at a vertical line ....... as we waited. -
                My brothers used to stuff the refund slot with newspaper so the money didn't come out when you pressed button B - then they'd go collect their loot:haha:
                No central heating either
                No car till I was about 12 - a Mini Traveller - oh my God - no seats in the back - so we'd all pile in :egad:

I really wouldn't worry [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] & [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - things are changing by the minute and unless we get a resurgence I expect to go on holiday as planned mid-September.

Took a photo of an actual plane in the sky yesterday ...
                Last edited by satz123; June 9, 2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

We never got central heating..and in fact Joe and I only got it bout 20 years ago....FAR too poor!!
                  And my mum never owned a washing machine ..skinny little woman with arm muscles like Popeye!

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                    I found a loop hole in our return to work plan that I think I can use to work from home until December. God bless Work Health and safety with it's over - legislated risk aversion
                    High five to H&S over legislated risk aversion!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Pubs (outisde only) and hairdressers open from 4th July.
                    I wonder how long it would take to swim..

Talking a half day tomorrow, youngest has a birthday. A VERY important day.
                    Night all..
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Happy Birthday Young Mers!

I remember when the wealthy cousins got a colour tele and we'd all pile over to watch Jerry Lewis movies on a Sunday and laugh our bags out. I believe it was 1976?

All hell has broken loose in the workplace, which is now escalating to new levels of super-toxicity. I might take a look at any VR offer that comes my way after all. Although non-voluntary is absolutely on the cards as well. What a treat this year has been.
                      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy Birthday Young Mers!

I remember when the wealthy cousins got a colour tele and we'd all pile over to watch Jerry Lewis movies on a Sunday and laugh our bags out. I believe it was 1976?

All hell has broken loose in the workplace, which is now escalating to new levels of super-toxicity. I might take a look at any VR offer that comes my way after all. Although non-voluntary is absolutely on the cards as well. What a treat this year has been.
                        wouldn't be surprised if VR were floating around a lot of places including my own... far too many people for the predictable future with social distancing I think.

Off to said workplace now -- like a child going on holidays - and I've packed enough to go to the Maldives for a month ;-)
                        Laters gaters xx

Comment

Moening and waves to the world,
                          Nothing gets you out of bed quicker than a text to say................"Your parcel will be delivered between 10 am & 2 pm today".............knowing fine well it'll be delivered at 1:59 pm precisely

Had to think here............1973 we got the colour TV and it was rented. My Dad's moaned all the time about paying 'all this money and there's nothing but black and white to watch'

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]......enoy your day.

Mt. JC's in work for the third day running. They're busy..........his boss is a child advocate and unfortunately this lockdown has has seen a rise in domestic abuse. So with his own work he's helping her out.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Wet one here but got walk in with three dogs. Now house stinks of wet dog! God I remember that JC, we used to rent the tv. Have vague memory of getting first one, sometime in late 60’s, presume it was black and white. Good luck Molly, change is as good as a rest. Difficult to celebrate a birthday at this time. Enjoy your half day Mary.

As it’s raining think I’ll paint today. Hate doing the ceilings so if I get that out of the way I will be flying.

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]'s pancake thingos are next.
                              Recipe should have been: 2 eggs, 1tbspn psyllium, 1tbspn sour cream. Hope it's good Bridge!
                              Things been super toxic at work for me also.. had to walk out the other day but going back tomorrow :toilet:
                              Have had cravings for first time in ages from all the stress.. blerk
                              Did 8.5k walk today that made me feel HEAPS better.. sanity restored
                              Thanks for that L-Glut tip - I shall visit Chemists Warehouse tomorrow to get some

Comment

Evening Army -- long day - busy day - tiring day so need to get myself a cuppa and then bed... janey mac --- forgot what 'busy' does to you:nutso:

night folks - hope all ok xx

Comment

Working...
                                X