International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Just popping into say nighty night as well then assume my TV position on the settee.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........when you said painting I had an image of you doing a gentle oil painting of the scenery out of your window but you prolly mean the stairs.

Update on Gazebogate.........we were going to give a trial assembly this evening but its hissing down and we didn't want to get it wet.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      All hell has broken loose in the workplace, which is now escalating to new levels of super-toxicity. I might take a look at any VR offer that comes my way after all. Although non-voluntary is absolutely on the cards as well. What a treat this year has been.
      Oh Bridge - take it when it comes - that place is stressing you out. You're a very smart woman and will have no problem landing something else.
      Think of all the Summer plants you can buy with the 'irritant $$$'.

My job & the irritants that came with it eventually bought me a new car and I was able to live the lifestyle I was used to for 4 years - spent every penny and enjoyed it.
      I could have set it aside for a rainy day - but I said f*ck it may never rain and I might die & leave it behind me :egad:
      I'm not into worrying about the future .... go with the flow ....
      Downside is I have to work part-time now - but I'd prefer that tbh.

We lose confidence when down the pit of alcohol - and settle for shite in our lives - but don't take it any more - that toxicity will make you ill.
      Last edited by satz123; June 10, 2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I'm going to 'Like and 'thank' for that one satzy It's so true - we set our expectations so low for ourselves as drunks. We'll out up with any sort of shite as long as we can drink our feelings about it afterwards. And we do get what we settle for in life! Never a truer word said.

God I hope this gazebo doesn't come out of the box a not-so-subtle lolly pink colour.

I'm so happy that you stormed out [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] How did you do it? Looking for inspiration. May I have a blow by blow?

I'd think I'd rather have my nails pulled than paint ceilings Rusters.

Sleep well Molls. Every morning when I wake up at 8 and start work at 5 past I thank my stars and wonder how return to work is going to pan out for the likes of me.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning!! Slept like a baby Bridge...think the natural exercise we get by just going out to work wore me out...aching legs and feet!!!
          Late shift today so lazy morning and hopefully bit quieter evening than yesterday!!
          How's the gazebo jacks? It'd well have blown away in Ireland last night...blew up a grand wee storm!!
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Update on Gazebogate.........we were going to give a trial assembly this evening but its hissing down and we didn't want to get it wet.
            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] may I ask where did you buy the Gazabo ? I'm sure I could get a small one for over the door?
            Send us a photo when the erection is complete. :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
              May I have a blow by blow?
              Lets see, not exactly storming but… No social distancing going on at my desk by order of my boss. Even though my entire organisation is working from home by default and anyone wanting to work in the office needs permission, I am not allowed to work at home without permission. I had been told we were meeting Tuesday morning to discuss some questions I had about how to run 'a report'. Had been told repeatedly I could ask as many questions as I needed to document how to do a very fiddly task involving multiple data downloads and about 20 pivot tables in a workbook that was coming up full of error messages thanks to the minimal instructions he gave on how to update it. When we sat down and I started asking the questions, he grabbed my mouse and started clicking away irritably. I said 'that's not helping me, I can't follow what you are doing. You need to explain while I do it so I don't miss a step and I’ll take notes.' He got very irate and started saying how I should already know the answers and got very rude, saying very loudly 'it's a really simple report' so that everyone else in the room turned around to see what's the commotion. I said 'I need to go for a walk now and I'll talk to you about this when I get back" and went off for 20 mins to cool my jets. Figured keeping my cool was the best option and hoped he would reset himself. Came back and worked for a bit as he rescheduled for the afternoon. I was trying to follow his instructions and got different results every time. Saved 6 versions of the outcome. Next try at asking my questions, he got even more angry and shouty, so I was truly mortified and embarrassed in front of everyone. Was very hard to keep my cool this time so shot out an 'I'm not stupid' to which I got 'HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME..' and 'I WILL BE REPORTING THIS' to which I retorted 'so will I don't you worry'. Then when he was about to say more I said "Nope, not doing this now, NO. I'm going home." I have figured once I'm shaking and freaking out it's not good to remain at work. I took yesterday off then tried to go back in this morning. Unfortunately he decided to pick up where he left off so I lasted approximately 10 minutes before the shaking and thumping heart told me I'd better be out of there again. I rang the big boss after that and got permission to work from home tomorrow. Lord knows what will happen next week. At least I have a few days before I have to deal with it.
              Last edited by fickle; June 11, 2020, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.

As the newly appointed head of gazebos, awnings, pergolas and wind breaks.............I will be here to take questions anytime.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..........we peaked in the box and its racing green. It comes with a carrying case......but as it weighs a ton I doubt we'll be lugging it anywhere

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] may I ask where did you buy the Gazabo ? I'm sure I could get a small one for over the door?
                Send us a photo when the erection is complete. :happy2:
                Erection.........tee hee (inner 12 year old coming there)

Amazon..............the first disaster came from Wayfair. Hand on heart I really was trying to spend my (well Mr. JC's money) anywhere but up the Amazon.

Satzuma, I think what you're looking for is an awning.............you can go posh and get one drilled into the wall

Yep you can get small gazebos and pergola...........prolly at Tesco. Ours isn't a big garden......the one we got was 3m x 3m and believe me there's not much space left
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Oh you poor thing Fickle, working with an assh.... like that can’t be good for your mental health. Nobody should have to put up with that. You too Bridget, not good working in a toxic environment. Hope all works out for both of you. Glad you had a good first day back Molly.

Weather more like winter here. We have been spoiled with such good weather for so long. Hope it improves so you get your gazebo up JC. Dogs walked so off now to do the grocery shop.

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION].........cross-post.

His behaviour is no way to have to work even in 'normal' times if you get my drift. Cannot stand people invading my space and grabbing your mouse would send me into a full blown out melt-down. I cannot stand that.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Fickle -- without ANY hesitation I would very loudly verbalise the 'B' word --- bullying --- it scares the living bejaysus out of organisations nowadays... and make no mistake -- that IS bullying.. if there's something you can't understand... that is HIS problem -- not yours -- providing you are doing your utmost to understand - which you obviously are -- he is a 'boss' for a reason - and the reason is to make sure HIS staff are working well and doing their job well -- and if one of HIS staff doesn't understand something it is HIS job to sort that out in a professional pleasant manner -- END OF..... do NOT put up with that -- straight to big boss with bullying accusation... it will and should be dealt with then

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. If you read your Contract of Employment or Employee Handbook so that you can quote THEIR regulations around training for a job & how they treat bullying.
                        They will also have a Company Policy on bullying or Conflict Resolution - read it and arm yourself.
                        He is basically preventing you from doing your job .......

I read our employee Handbook properly the other day & laughed out loud at what was said v what really happens. (Treat everyone with respect - a joke.)
                        But if it's down in black & white in a policy they have to do it.

Comment

Just calling in to say nighty night,
                          11th June and feels like summer is never ever going to arrive.
                          You know, I was just thinking one thing I do miss is just popping up to the shops. .........you know, just for a loaf and some milk kind of thing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                            Just calling in to say nighty night,
                            11th June and feels like summer is never ever going to arrive.
                            You know, I was just thinking one thing I do miss is just popping up to the shops. .........you know, just for a loaf and some milk kind of thing.
                            Are you not allowed to do that Jacks?
                            Wear a mask .... wash your hands the minute you get back and you should be fine?

I'm so bored sometimes I go to Tesco for any bargains - then I'll give Aldi a go next day.
                            Then Boots
                            Then Maxi-Zoo
                            Oh and Woodies with Mr S for MORE plants.

I think I may have gone slightly like a mad eccentric ........
                            I emailed Odlums and told them my husband was introduced to home - made brown bread during lockdown.
                            That now I can't get the flour etc ANYWHERE and what's the story ?

That he is insatiable now and I need their help to satisfy him... could I buy on-line?
                            They replied immediately - a lovely email - and said they'll see what they can do to let me know the next delivery to my local Super-Value :haha:
                            Last edited by satz123; June 11, 2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Loads and loads of flour of ALL sorts Supervalu balbriggan Benjy! Had none till about 2 weeks ago and then.....it was like DIAMONDS!!!!
                              Night folks I'm bollixed!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Loads and loads of flour of ALL sorts Supervalu balbriggan Benjy! Had none till about 2 weeks ago and then.....it was like DIAMONDS!!!!
                                Night folks I'm bollixed!
                                REALLY ? I may have to take a trip if Odlum's don't come up with the goods. It's feckin' ridiculous - they only had bags of Plain flour and then only one per customer :haha:
                                At least it's a step up from Brennans Sliced Pan - during the snow - Jesus :egad:
                                And I thought I was the only one new to this .baking lark ....

Comment

Working...
                                X