International Army June 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Just think, Molls, I might be able to read tomorrow with both eyes at once. Its optician day tomorrow, more excited than a kid going to a theme park.
    Himself has got the day off as well, although he'll be sitting in the car.

Nighty night lovelies. I must drag through wardrobe for something to wear that isn't jogging bottoms and an oversized sweatshirt. I might even queue to get into M&S, I need some new knickers.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Just think, Molls, I might be able to read tomorrow with both eyes at once. Its optician day tomorrow, more excited than a kid going to a theme park.
      Himself has got the day off as well, although he'll be sitting in the car.

Nighty night lovelies. I must drag through wardrobe for something to wear that isn't jogging bottoms and an oversized sweatshirt. I might even queue to get into M&S, I need some new knickers.
      Family outing for eye test & Posh knickers :thumbsup:

I'm the same Jacks - actually going 2 places over weekend :hyper:
      1 ) 90th outdoor 'party' for the Mammy tomorrow & all family will be there.
      the pressure of what to wear - FFS! What to wear that isn't a grow bag ?

2) DD & BF have hired a boat + driver (?) to bring MrS out for Father's Day. From Dun Laoire to Howth and around Dublin Bay on Saturday - me & Rosie are tagging along.

Just realised no need for "work clothes' any more - until visiting is up & running properly - even then it's the weekend & no-one cares... what a waste.
      Dr Dreamy :heartbeat: has a lot to answer for.
      Last edited by satz123; June 20, 2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Good morning lots of excitement for you lot coming up. Opticians and new knickers for JC. Family gathering/celebration for Satz and a fab boat trip even if you are tagging along!

Not raining but looking grey and miserable outside. I have a few friends(5) coming over for a socially distanced run followed by a picnic in the garden. Feeling very nervous about being out with them in case they don't behave and follow the 2 metre rule. I will lay the law down beforehand!
        Have a great day folks!

Comment

Good morning lots of excitement for you lot coming up. Opticians and new knickers for JC. Family gathering/celebration for Satz and a fab boat trip even if you are tagging along!

Not raining but looking grey and miserable outside. I have a few friends(5) coming over for a socially distanced run followed by a picnic in the garden. Feeling very nervous about being out with them in case they don't behave and follow the 2 metre rule. I will lay the law down beforehand!
          Have a great day folks!

Comment

Tried deleting duplicate but deleted both! So leave them both here

Comment

Good morning everyone. Enjoy your run Brit and your trips JC and Satz. It’s the small things that make us happy now. Off on walk with the doggies and then my crochet group are meeting in one of the ladies gardens. Have to pick something to wear :thumbsup:

Comment

Morning and waves to the world and double posters.............its a cake day. Not only is it the S&H's birthday and Mother of Satz is also 90 and Mr. Jc's got the day off.........I've reached the giddy heights of.......drum roll.........4000 days sober.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Went to the opticians and I've got a cataract in my left eye and the beginning of one in my right eye. The optometrist was astounded that they've come on so quickly as its only 18 months since my last check up.............wheels are in motion to get them both removed. A tad shell-shocked tbh.

I did however see my gorgeous baby boy on his birthday, sat in their back garden, the sun shone, SIL & our niece turned up. I have by and large got a lovely family ...................a lot to be grateful for.

Think some lunch and a bit of a nap. Bacinabit.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well done Jackie - 4k days -- that's something.. there's very few of yiz around in that vintage!!! My mum had cataracts done in her 70's and it was a doddle -- norra bother on her - and she was able to read without glasses for the first time since she was 45 -- so don't even think about it - minor op. that's all!
                    Glad you had a nice afternoon - I think all our little feckers are arriving on Sunday for Father's Day -- jaysus -- when did they make THAT one up???
                    Just heard I'm back full time Monday week -- delighted - but I think I'll DIE of exhaustion:harhar:
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

well done Jacs..4000 days ? thats nearly my age ..Sent you a message on the phone earlier ..before I even saw your message about eyes
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Congratulations, JC! That is a good number for the rest of us to aspire to. Thanks for sticking around and showing us how to do it :hug: NS

Comment

I quite like wearing glasses, hides the bags under my eyes
                          It'll be grand, just a bit of a shock. My Granny was in 90s when she had hers done. I'll be sedated out of gourd which sounds like fun.
                          One major problem is I hate, hate, hate people touching my face.

Ta for the congrats..............I'm amazed. From someone who couldn't go 4K seconds to 4K days is startling.

Saw my little boy (okay he 6' 2" now) and he was waiting for his mates for a few garden gazebo festivities with four of his mates.
                          I've seen more people today than I have in 4 months as when we were leaving SIL & niece turned up.

Oh and I did get some new M&S knickers.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]............that was a quick introduction into going back to work. You'll love it.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all, been reading back and catching up on all the shenanigans
                            WOW JC, CONGRATULATIONS on your Massive 4000 Milestone :sendflowers:

So glad Gazebogate came to a happy ending and a beautiful day. Can understand your trepidation around your eyesight - I had an optition say I'd had a tiny bleed behind my eye and that it was from my becoming pre-diabetic. She was alarmed enough to write to my GP. That put the fear of God into me when I realised I could lose my eyesight quite suddenly from being overweight and put me on a mission to bring it down.

Glad to see everyone's social lives are looking up, it has been ages. I've been vicariously enjoying all the garden parties and adventures.

Comment

Lets see, the mediation went surprisingly well. I am so lucky to have had that opportunity provided. We definitely were able to clear the air. I was right about the danger of him feeling accused if I’d offered feedback myself so very fortunate to be so well supported in them giving that to him. The facilitator was masterly. Part of it was separate meetings beforehand, then a session together. During the beforehand she assessed communication styles and was able to give him feedback on things he’s doing such as talking over, not listening, assumptions he made and the yelling. He kept saying he respects everyone at work with but she showed him he wasn't demonstrating respect. This was a great shock for him as he had no idea what he was doing. She was also very tough on him during the together part and pulled him up each time he did it. It was a breakthrough for him I’m sure. As you know I left that job before because of bad behaviour from former managers and was worried he was being influenced by them. Turns out I was right about that too and was able to tell him what really happened. I could see he was genuinely shocked at what they had done and would never do such a thing himself. We both felt huge relief and there were even a few tears on both sides. I’ve come away with little hand signals I can give him when he’s getting out of line and now that he knows what he’s doing he wants to change it. Things should gradually improve with practice as all the right intentions are there. Glad I can talk about it here as its too confidential to mention to anyone here.

Comment

Evening,
                                Im late to the party again and I think Im all on my own here today :egad:

Great progress made at work [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]. Hope things get better now.

Congratulations Mammy Satz! and [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], WOW, 4000 days, thats an amazing roundie. When are you getting the cataracts done?
                                [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], thats a fabulous present, Id love to do that.
                                No, my family dont ask me anymore, but its the extended lot.. But, I find that people don't notice/care.. plus I'll 'do a Brit' and say Im training.
                                Like Rustop, Im always the driver, but I cant use that excuse when we are all in the same hotel.
                                None of us are supposed to know, but we all do know of 2 (my age) in the family that are alcoholics. Both sober now. Both coping in different ways. Both discussed at length after events (isnt he doing great, looking great, did you ask him if he wanted a beer, you big eejit...). That would drive me to drink!!

It irritates me though when 'soft' drinks are put into a childs glass , all its short of is the straw. I'll drink my sparkling something in a nice big fancy adult glass, on the rocks with a twist of lime, thanks very much.

Anyway, chat tomorrow, good night all, wherever you are!
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X