X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army June 2020

Jeez. He's hot.
    Night all. Sleep tight. Malaysian curried chicken in the fridge
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

hi folks - not long in -- need to get food.. feeling uneasy bout this virus -- is that me or is it getting worse again? just 'feels' not good
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        hi folks - not long in -- need to get food.. feeling uneasy bout this virus -- is that me or is it getting worse again? just 'feels' not good
        Bless you, but I know how you feel. I can feel my anxiety creeping back in slightly. Of course, himself is saying stop watching the news. Bit hard to do when most of the time your stuck in the house most of the day. I could not watch the TV, or not listen to the radio or not talk not to the neighbours or go on-line and just sit under the stairs.

Its actually astounding how many eejits there are out there. Once they've settled down perhaps it'll pass. I mean who in their right mind would travel to a beach with no public toilets bu they did in their thousands.
        He's got Monday off for his birthday and talking about going to the covered market in town ................my fave place...............proper fishmonger, greengrocers, butchers and wee stalls that kind of thing......... and I'm not sure.

Might have an early night............ as well as being a tad anxious, I'm as grumpy as all get out............you may have noticed
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hug: [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
          I think at this stage we all just need to have common sense and mind ourselves. I'm consciously not listening to every news bulletin, because I was, and I definitely feel more positive for it. Audible books keep me busy when I need it..

Did the cliff walk in Howth with my sister and the kids today, proper beshoff chips and ice cream. Traffic was grand. Gorgeous day and a good natter.
          Looks like a rain run tomorrow..:cower:
          Last edited by IamMary; June 26, 2020, 05:46 PM.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            And that is exactly what I've done. Ha! Twin powers activate!

It also helps to remind them that you are the only one in the organisation who knows how to do what you do. And you're not talking.
            Btw the other person, who is very nice, was hired at the same time as me at one grade above. They are just shits, that's all.
            Good woman Bridge. Yes, they are shits.. universal shits I think.

Yellow curry still on the hob, beef. Help yourself.

Comment

Its actually astounding how many eejits there are out there. Once they've settled down perhaps it'll pass. I mean who in their right mind would travel to a beach with no public toilets bu they did in their thousands.
              He's got Monday off for his birthday and talking about going to the covered market in town ................my fave place...............proper fishmonger, greengrocers, butchers and wee stalls that kind of thing......... and I'm not sure.
              Wear a mask Jacks : & glare at those not wearing one.

I agree though - I'm bit more nervous now than when it was in full flight. Everyone is now out of their hidey holes and prancing about.
              However I have the safety net of being tested weekly in work.
              Bring back lockdown I say - the peace was great.

People just don't feel the need for them to wear masks etc - especially younger people. From the beginning they have been told that even if they get it - it will be mild. But they should wear a mask to protect others. FFS !!
              Wrong message. Government keep getting it wrong.

THAT message is a waste of time - the teenage years are the most self-centered we will ever be .
              They care how THEY look - and what affects THEM only. They are not worried about an 'ol wan like me.
              Tell them they will contract COVID-19 and maybe get very ill and there would be a different response.......

Truth be told it's human nature for us all to be self-centered to survive. Just somewhere along the line we grow a social conscience.

Liverpool fans all in this house : tears of joy abounded.
              BUT ....... the scenes outside Anfield were disgraceful. Why are they allowed to have mass gatherings like that ?
              It's going to result in more cases & more deaths.
              It may be a big celebration - but nothing is worth even the loss of 1 life .... especially a game of shaggin' football.

Comment

Morning Army! Just thought I'd pop in and say howdy! :hugesmile:

Comment

Well HEY JUDE!!! good to see you -- how you keeping over there?

Fully agree with all ye say - and re. the clowns at the football match... these are the very people who will insist they have a 'right' to go on holidays all over Europe.. well over here it would appear that any potential air corridors we may be creating for 'safe' travelling will probably not include UK -- and that is unprecedented -- we have a common travel zone with the UK because of the Good Friday agreement - so it is a huge shift - and one of the reasons is because of incidents like that and the beaches in Bournemouth -- that social distancing is not being taken seriously. Tbh it IS a generational thing here -- pretty much all over 40's I have seen are compliant - and maybe even down as far as over 30's -- but after that... just absolute nonsense. Where I'm working at the moment there is a little park right beside the library - and GANGS of people hanging around drinking cans hanging out of each other.. this poxy town thinks it's 'above' all that loutish behaviour -- jaysus - wouldn't see it here where I live and we are the 'commoners'!!!

Yes - uneasy - and a bit gloomy - feel like anything I ever liked doing now I can't do -- going out to work not knowing how the day will go -- our job can't be done behind a perspex screen.. and yeah I'll wear a mask when possible - but old people don't understand what we're saying... oh ffs - fed up of it.. really am

Comment

Good morning everyone. Totally agree with you Molly. We all have to wear the mask all the time at work and it is a pain trying to understand what people are saying. Strange strange time, I was feeling very unsettled at the beginning but have relaxed a bit now. The travel restrictions will be interesting. My daughter in Norway is watching and waiting to see how things pan out. Puppy is getting very big, eyes opened and trying to walk. Lashing rain here so I will continue with my painting.

Comment

Fabulous rain Rusters...Really dramatic..cheered me up NO end I love extreme weather ..Well unless I have to drive in it..good woman with the painting you make me feel well guilty!
                      So long since I had a dog..can they not walk and see from the beginning?

Comment

Norway did so well with the virus too...gather Sweden are the bad boys up that neck of the woods...I guess herd immunity doesn't work!!!!

Comment

Well I go off to work - and yiz all disappear.
                          Noice very noice

Molls this is the last I'll say about shaggin masks - arrest the feckers who refuse to wear them - end of.
                          If we are to believe what they say - those who don't wear a face covering have no regard for anyone else's wellbeing.
                          If I was in charge they should be shunned - & made to wear a bell to signal their presence ....

Comment

Why cant they make wearing masks indoors, in public places, mandatory, and just be done with it? are they afraid Gemma and John are going to have another temper tantrum?
                            A few friends still planning on travelling to Spain and France if they can get on the flights. Dont think Id chance it..

Ran in that mad rain this morning. Invigorating in a weird kind of way :egad:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

Ran in that mad rain this morning. Invigorating in a weird kind of way :egad:
                              :egad: Masochistic Mers ...

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Same Molls. Every time restrictions are eased the mentally lame among us read 'it's over' and 'business as usual' Business as usual won't happen this year at all. And maybe for years to come. I'm just glad that the hugging fad is over. Hopefully for good.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X