Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

Back at last.
    You obviously loved your Dad lots and lots JC. He must have been a lovely man.
    Can't believe the weekend is over. Moving furniture and cleaning out sheds is such a joy.

Molly remember to check your blood pressure as well as your sinuses if you haven't already. Although if it is a frustration headache I can certainly understand that too. Hells Bells.
    You know KTAB, any time you are ready to have a chat, if or when, we're all here.

Mary I think I will interview them yes :harhar: I've pretty much already been offered one of them.

I thought Eddie Charlton was a snooker player in the 70s. A real crack shot too.

Mr G, you seem to have left bits of your heart in many and sundry places, love.
    You and Fickle must be having an awful lot of fun 'liking' every single post Mr G.

Right I'm off to grapple with my instantaneous hot water system (in the middle of winter, in the rain)
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]................i adored him. Followed him round like a shadow.
      There's some left over pasta carbanara left in the fridge with a bit of garlic bread in the fridge...............should see you through breakkfast.

Apologies for tyrade earlier but I'm tired.........think I'm immune to the sominex/nytol. I've even to told my downloaded relaxation thing to push off. I'd started to argue with it.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just a quick pop in from the west.. rained most of the day, but sure we had rain gear.
        If Jenny can survive camping in the rain [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], shes ready for anything!

Last night was a balmy evening and Galway was hopping, people spilling out from the pubs, all over the seafront. Social distancing, masks... zero evidence (although during the day, there was some efforts being made). We Dubs will probably get the blame from bringing it over.. Lots of Northern Ireland accents too.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........was wondered how your Mum is doing. Must have been an almighty shock.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...................just been whatsapping with Jenny and she's saying the fierce anti-histamines are doing a splendid job. They've been out most of the day with Ads kids and she's feeling a 100 times better.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]........the rain on the tent. Did Leeds festival three years running and it hissed down twice. We got used to it. But there again I had pink wellies with yellow spots and I was hammered for 72 hours so it really was like water off a ducks back.

Night night.:hug:
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hoop de doooooooooooooooooooo 100 days to me! :sohappy:
            May as well carry on and make it 365. I am so grateful for this thread and the help I received from Mr G in the beginning. If not for him giving me my little pep-talk, I may not have found the oomph to embark on my new life. I am also extremely grateful to have the kind souls of the army to share my thoughts with. My thinking on addiction has been revolutionized by reading a number of books but two stand-outs for me on the issue of relapse were The Biology of Desire: Why Addiction is not a Disease by Marc Lewis and The Upward Spiral by Alex Korb. Essentially the difference it made for me is that I view my addiction as a habit that I can change. It removed the stigma and the shame (both extremely damaging and counterproductive). The substance is irrelevant. The neural pathway I laid down by repeating behaviour was and is the key. The old pathways are still there, even after you lay down new ones, thus relapse is shockingly easy, but so is the way back so don’t despair. Another key for me was acknowledging what I was seeking from the old behaviour. One was euphoria, the other was relief from grief and stress. Now I access those things with other behaviours. Nowadays if I think about drinking, I think to myself, what would it give me? And I can’t think of anything that I don’t already have so the thought is fleeting.
            Last edited by fickle; July 12, 2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Morning and well done Fickle..lovely hitting the milestones...
              Just flying out..talk later!
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I was trying to look for an image for 100 days and came up with this [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]:

The ears on it!

Everyone is blaming everyone else, Mers. Don't worry about it. We're blaming the Victorians for everything at the moment. Just because it's convenient. It'll be NSW's turn again next.

Thanks for the pasta JC. I've left you a packet of chips and a glass of lemonade because that's what I'm having for dinner. I think you need a bed day. It's when you don't get out of bed. For a whole day. Except to go for a wee. You have to make a thermos of coffee and bring lollies and food, books, laptop, pen and pad to write letters to people and tell them what you think of them, construct lists of things and set goals that you may or may not follow up on. You should do it.

Right I'm off. Got an interview tomorrow.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Is it still morning...........then morning andwaves to the world.

Well done our Fickle.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Thanks for the pasta JC. I've left you a packet of chips and a glass of lemonade because that's what I'm having for dinner. I think you need a bed day. It's when you don't get out of bed. For a whole day. Except to go for a wee. You have to make a thermos of coffee and bring lollies and food, books, laptop, pen and pad to write letters to people and tell them what you think of them, construct lists of things and set goals that you may or may not follow up on. You should do it.
                  Sounds bliss but with an aging Bess with.............how shall I put this .............a very active bladder...........but I suppose running up and downstairs would count as exercise .

Would you belive I bought a new note book with an emboldened title 'THINGS TO DO TODAY'...............I've already tickd three 1) get up 2) make coffee 3) sign in to MWO...............think that's enough for today.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                  Right I'm off. Got an interview tomorrow.
                  Best of luck, you know you can always come to me for a reference. I'd pilfer some of Mr. JC's headed work note paper and make sure all the words are spelt right.

Ta for the crisps and pop. Somedays are just that kind of day............there's some pulled pork for your supper.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..................sorry there's a second wave of @@@@@ . Spoke to Jenny and just two days after seeing her GP.....while she's tired feels a mound better. and sounds less downcast.
                  Last edited by JackieClaire; July 13, 2020, 05:54 AM.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Congrats on 100 days [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] !!
                    Last edited by paulywogg; July 13, 2020, 08:29 AM.
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations Fickle
                      Last edited by techie; July 13, 2020, 03:49 PM.
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS Ms FICKLE inkele:inkele:inkele:

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...........was wondered how your Mum is doing. Must have been an almighty shock.
                        She's doing well Jacks - no symptoms still just her usual cough from COPD.
                        Not so much a shock Jacks as an annoyance.
                        It's scary they still know so little about this virus - but I do believe we will have a vaccine before Christmas. Every team of scientists in the world are working on it.

Comment

Night everyone. Posted from my phone during the day but it does not seem to have gone through. Can’t remember the half of it but wanted to congratulate Fickle, well well done.

Comment

Evening all,
                            Interview done and dusted this morning. A very strange one it was too. But they phoned my referees this arvo so mustn't have done too badly.
                            If I told you what the job is you would laugh your head off but it's a bit identifying so I won't. Don't love the hours they offered me so I will have to have a big woman think about it.
                            There is an announcement due tomorrow about the future of my current job so hopefully that will lead the way a bit.
                            The work is still out there though.
                            Looks like the virus is spreading through Sydney now. And all international flights cancelled until next year, I think I saw flash up today. What fun. Better go catch some news.
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                              First gripe...........14h July and I've got the heating on.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]..................mind goes into over drive. Front page of Playboy??? President of the USA????

Tired again but with good reason..........Bess decided to go walk about in the garden, decided she wanted to play and not come in..........ended up giving her one of her xanax. Bless her her heart she's 16 on 12th of August and I know we have just months even weeks left with her so every minute is prescious.

Second gripe.............its hissing time.

Masks now mandatory from 24th of July with a fine of £100. Mr JC and I have been wearing them since day dot.............I've even got us a couple of posh, washable ones.

Third and final gripe...............why wait 'til the 24th. You can buy the buggers in the local paper shop.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]............I heard early next year for the vaccine but that could be 2nd January. As long as your Mum is happy in herself.

My brother is definitely moving back to England, he's using Mr. JC to to his conveyance ..............that was a shock in itself. He's blabbed on for the last 7 years about how bloody fantastic living in Scotland is so I'm wondering whats up.

Anyway got a long phone call to make............which will cheer me up. Friend I haven't spoken to for an age.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Haha I just read my last post and what a smug wee insect I am :hahaha:
                                Thank you all for being so supportive, not one of you even called me out on it hehe
                                Best of Luck Bridget I hope you get both jobs!
                                The ears were indeed hysterical
                                Last edited by fickle; July 14, 2020, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X