International Army August 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army August 2020

Afternoon Jackie and Rusters...how right that is ..the quote..put much clearer than my mutterings..and yeah I have always said from the get go that MWO is not enough for me..certainly not to make me happily sober..I find it too hard to completely trust what people are saying online..and there have been many cases of people letting on to be off the drink and not telling the truth..I just have a trust issue really..there's something about looking into a person's eyes..and that's just me..phones and Zooms would be my worst nightmare at the best of times!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

None of the above was aimed at any in the Army..or for that matter not anyone really still posting nowadays..it's a completely different ballgame these days..most very serious about trying to get sober and deal with alcohol..and FFS neither is it a comment on anyone who relapsed.. just lying about relapsing!!!

Comment

AND -- 3 in a row ;-) I is home!! and tbh now I'm glad to be - it was a wonderful holiday but it's very tiring - up early every day and literally all day exploring and navigating and even just sitting on the bike! We drove over 2000 kilometres - but yeah -- wonderful exhausting!!

I remember getting your card when I was down there Jackie - I remember it so well - and even tho I was so happy to be there - it was lovely to feel not alone. Wasn't really sure what I was going home to - Joe and I were very far apart at that stage - and Jilly was cross and even young Joey -- yeah - those gestures can mean an awful lot! And of course when I got home I was gonna solve the problems of the world -- ffs - it's hard to get out of bed most days!!!

Interesting topics I think - for anyone at any stage of sobriety really... cos it is always there.....
        Now to dinner -- crispy duck in plum and garlic sauce and beef in black bean - and yes I AM cooking it myself - and no packets!! gagging for something cooked at home really - this virus is making hotels not just quite as nice - having to give times for everything - and you can't touch this and they can't touch that.... ah go on -- just give me my dinner!!!

Back in a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          I put that first drink in the ‘illicit sex’ category. It would be a rush but accompanied by so much guilt, worry, and ultimately, regrets and self-hatred, that it’s just not worth risking what I have now - contentment and peace.
          [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]
          Good grief NS - I need a lie down after thinking about that !!
          I'm a good Irish Catholic girl & know nothing of this ‘illicit sex’ of which you talk :egad:

Attached Files
          Last edited by satz123; August 3, 2020, 01:29 PM. Reason: Half asleep

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            A
            Now to dinner -- crispy duck in plum and garlic sauce and beef in black bean - and yes I AM cooking it myself - and no packets!! gagging for something cooked at home really
            !
            Pleaeeeese tell me there was a jar of something ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Pleaeeeese tell me there was a jar of something ?
              nope

Comment

Just finished work & fecked - finding it hard to even think straight.
                Shock today as my boss's brother age 48 ... was found dead this mrning.

He was an alcoholic & we'd share experiences of how to deal with a loved one.
                She said her siblings had distanced themselves and given up long ago.
                They said she was enabling him - maybe that's true.
                She did help him with money etc.and looked out for him.

He was remembered as a lovely, gentle man by some staff. So very sad - a waste of a life.

Comment

He was remembered as a lovely, gentle man by some staff. So very sad - a waste of a life.
                  oh that is so sad... fecking drink -- such a dangerous substance given out to all and sundry if you have the money to pay for it! poxy stuff - if she was giving him money I call that enabling alright - first thing they tell you not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                    Still reading, occasionally posting and never giving up hope.
                    Tabbers, have you ever thought about rebab? I feel like you are close to kicking this, you can touch it. Or have you ever considered AA?
                    My brother hardly misses an AA day, but MWO was enough for me - although AA was my next move, and I'll never say never.. What ever keeps you accountable and motivated.

I had a lie in too Rustop, 10.30!!
                    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Very sad Satz. Sorry to hear that.
                      Hard not to enable someone, Im sure she was trying to help him as best as she could.

Hows the man who went to Spain Molly?
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Very sad Satz. Sorry to hear that.
                        Hard not to enable someone, Im sure she was trying to help him as best as she could.

Hows the man who went to Spain Molly?
                        He's in a shocking state Mary...Joe couldn't contact him before we went away..he left it in the other pals hands but he was worried so he rang him when we were away. He didn't seem sure where he was but seemed to think he was in Beaumont hospital ..he said for 5 weeks. Now we know he wasn't there 5 weeks cos Joe had seen him..he doesn't know why he's there..he thinks he fell and remembers neighbours and an ambulance...what a mess..and the family have given up on him and more or less told Joe and the other lad to mind their own business..yeah...Anyway he's going to find out more tomorrow but he won't be allowed visit anyway...so sad and he also was a lovely lovely man..he's not 'there' anymore tho

Comment

nope
                          ffs !!

Comment

oh that is so sad... fecking drink -- such a dangerous substance given out to all and sundry if you have the money to pay for it! poxy stuff - if she was giving him money I call that enabling alright - first thing they tell you not to do.
                            I know Molls.
                            Quite easy for people to say - when it's not their flesh & blood.
                            She looked out for him. He knew he had at least one person who believed he could quit eventually and it was starting to happen slowly.
                            He had opened his home to a new nurse who had to quarantine, cooked for him and showed him 'round the city & outskirts.

I think she'd stopped giving him actual cash but she tolerated his antics & looked out for him in other ways. help with accommodation, jobs etc.
                            It was she who found him and at least he had some semblance of a life with her watching out for him - and he didn't suffer the brain hemorrhage in a homeless shelter....

I fear it's what's down the road for us some day.

Comment

He's in a shocking state Mary...Joe couldn't contact him before we went away..he left it in the other pals hands but he was worried so he rang him when we were away. He didn't seem sure where he was but seemed to think he was in Beaumont hospital ..he said for 5 weeks. Now we know he wasn't there 5 weeks cos Joe had seen him..he doesn't know why he's there..he thinks he fell and remembers neighbours and an ambulance...what a mess..and the family have given up on him and more or less told Joe and the other lad to mind their own business..yeah...Anyway he's going to find out more tomorrow but he won't be allowed visit anyway...so sad and he also was a lovely lovely man..he's not 'there' anymore tho
                              So very sad Molls - has he anyone close in his life to 'mind' him?
                              Everyone deserves to have someone on their side.

I'm coming to the conclusion that some will never be saved from self-destruction no matter what we do. So we have to learn to accept them as they are.

Comment

No ..now the only ones doing anything is Joe and R...and that's against the wishes of the family.
                                It was only money I was talking about you know..of course no one would leave people without help..you wouldn't do it to a dog..but give them meals etc..not drinking money..that's all I meant..and I'm sure that's how everyone would see it!

Comment

Working...
                                X