International Army August 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army August 2020

Great posts over the last few days I am looking at the posts but cannot write anything myself.
    Situation at home is worsening as Mr A now keeps collapsing and I am not sure whether it is due to his recent chemo or the infection. Booked for an urgent MRI Brain scan.
    As we are still shielded I have no support and am feeling so scared.
    I was again tempted to drink but because of your recent timeline posts etc. I was able to see the ridiculous thoughts for what they were.
    I will keep reading !
    BTW I have Virgin which is expensive but seems to work well.
    So glad to have you lot!!

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
      Great posts over the last few days I am looking at the posts but cannot write anything myself.
      Situation at home is worsening as Mr A now keeps collapsing and I am not sure whether it is due to his recent chemo or the infection. Booked for an urgent MRI Brain scan.
      As we are still shielded I have no support and am feeling so scared.
      I was again tempted to drink but because of your recent timeline posts etc. I was able to see the ridiculous thoughts for what they were.
      I will keep reading !
      BTW I have Virgin which is expensive but seems to work well.
      So glad to have you lot!!
      Oh you poor love...you sound very alone..is there anyone nearby you could reach out to? Even a support organisation for people who are shielding? I'm sure all that can be done for himself will be done but crikey you need support right now:hug:
      So glad that anything we may have said staved off those thoughts...couldn't possibly help but I'm sure an hour or two of oblivion sounds lovely..but you know where that goes...not the solution ..ever.
      Don't feel you have to post ..if anything we say helps in amongst the daily moans and drivel (ME!!!) helps..that's all that matters...always here tho sweetheart ..you know that xxxx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
        [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug:.........you've got my number.............call me or text me any time, any day apart from between 6,30pm and 7pm tonight. We're at the vets with Bess. She's getting her booster jab and her xanax.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all,
          I am totally zorsted from all my spreadsheeting. End of and beginning of each month is my crazy time. One more day of it then I will have the blessed weekend and hopefully a normal week next week.
          So lovely reading back on all your August posts. [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] stay strong my dear and stay reading with us. You can get through this but will be better if you can find some more support somehow.
          I was up at 2am last night, couldn't sleep with worrying about work so was back into the spreadsheets. Intend to sleep tonight but will post on Saturday.
          Take care everyone:heartbeat:

Comment

Afternoon all.:hug: Brit, what a horrible horrible time for you. Wish there was more we could do to help. Glad that you found the recent discussions helpful. Have a good sleep Fickle. Did not have a great sleep last night either. Nodded off reading and then took ages to get back to sleep. There was the most amazing moon.

Had my crochet friends out here today. We did a walk and then had lunch outside. Lovely to catch up. Feet up now reading.

Comment

Evening folks -- thought you'd be off West by now Rusters but sounds like you well laid back for the minute anyways!!

Just a thought - just when you say you were awake at 2am Fickle worrying about your job - and I know Bridge is having her hassles -- I'm wondering -- and this is NOT asking what level you are in your company or how much you earn - it's a legitimate question without a detailed answer required!! -- Do you stay in a job that makes you so uncomfortable because you've achieved a decent grade or a lot of money in your job? My previous career many moons ago - I was under a lot of pressure but I earned a lot and got a few promotions along the way - but pressure got to me and I quit - and I always said I wouldn't put myself there again.. so where I work now - I'm the bottom of the pile - I never went for any promotions over the years hence got no pay rises bar normal yearly increments -- and I DO feel it now - everyone is passing me out (well not EVERYONE - there's a heap of us in the same boat ) young ones in their 30's whooshing up the grades and genuinely most of them aren't much use... where am I going with this --

well yeah - do you have the option to downgrade yourselves or would you want to? Just a question really - cos at the end of the day - I don't want any responsibility outside of my family -- there's enough of it there!!!

Comment

Back from the vets with another six months of her medication for Bess and an empty wallet.............she 16 next Wednesday :egad:
                We've plodded in there for the last 18 months thinking this might be her last trip (if you get my drift) and I feel sick all day.............. out she bounces like a puppy another :egad:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Delighted jacks! Let's hope she has years left!

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] :hug:
                    Ms A don't feel alone.
                    What does shielding involve ? Can you go out at all ? Have you no support at all from the Health system ?

Come here & read around the boards & chat to us if you feel like it. The Army has been the one constant we've had all these years and we've seen each other though all sorts.
                    Plan a trip over here when you feel low. This COVID malarkey won't be like this forever - this too will pass.
                    So something to look forward to ? Arsing around Dublin with us like the last time :haha:
                    We'll make sure there's a race you can do somewhere ..

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                      Evening folks -- thought you'd be off West by now Rusters but sounds like you well laid back for the minute anyways!!

Just a thought - just when you say you were awake at 2am Fickle worrying about your job - and I know Bridge is having her hassles -- I'm wondering -- and this is NOT asking what level you are in your company or how much you earn - it's a legitimate question without a detailed answer required!! -- Do you stay in a job that makes you so uncomfortable because you've achieved a decent grade or a lot of money in your job? My previous career many moons ago - I was under a lot of pressure but I earned a lot and got a few promotions along the way - but pressure got to me and I quit - and I always said I wouldn't put myself there again.. so where I work now - I'm the bottom of the pile - I never went for any promotions over the years hence got no pay rises bar normal yearly increments -- and I DO feel it now - everyone is passing me out (well not EVERYONE - there's a heap of us in the same boat ) young ones in their 30's whooshing up the grades and genuinely most of them aren't much use... where am I going with this --

well yeah - do you have the option to downgrade yourselves or would you want to? Just a question really - cos at the end of the day - I don't want any responsibility outside of my family -- there's enough of it there!!!
                      Exactly what drove me mad in my last job. When I left & started looking for a job the criteria was no responsibility - no deadlines no pushing me towards next grade - just in do a good job & out.
                      Last edited by satz123; August 6, 2020, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                        Did ALL that...and then some!! The ignorance of customer support both online and on phone was incredible and absolute refusal to give us any access to contact a supervisor...shocking customer 'care' I was appalled tbh but no other company seems to do multi-room which I love...might just do what Rusters said ..get Saorview on bedroom Tele and move to someone else...sick of them!!
                        !
                        Jesus !

Comment

Excellent question Molly. [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], my mothers mantra (stolen from when she volunteered for a pregnancy crisis agency in the 80s) is always, Whats the worst that can happen? And follow that through.. its calmed me over the years many times.
                          [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION], so sorry to hear that. Did you get an appointment time/day yet? Prob feels like your on your own there, but I bet your kids are just a call away and really worried. Keep posting, call JC.. Hows the ankle? Can you maybe do a brisk walk early in the morning?

Really enjoyed those timeline stories too :heart:
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

On SKY - Every single time I try to cancel them, they give me a load of freebees and and discounts. Go straight to the cancellation department, they will talk you out of it.
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              On SKY - Every single time I try to cancel them, they give me a load of freebees and and discounts. Go straight to the cancellation department, they will talk you out of it.
                              You can't get onto ANY dept. That's the problem...just some Karen on a couch who has access to nothing and refuses to put you onto anyone else..after holding on the line for an hour to speak to her....OR ANYONE!!
                              Yes Mary..we've always been begged to stay (with them 25 years ffs!!)...but they have everyone over a barrel at the moment..the mantra is 'times are different .....' Yeah!!!
                              Morning all!

Comment

Morning, just. Ended up sleeping on the sofa as poor auld Bess had the trots. Mr JC was up and down out of bed 'til about 2 am so thought it was only fair to come downstairs so he could get some kip.
                                Think it may be a reaction to the booster...........the joys of owning a dog.

The woman up the road's daighter has got a new pupper..............cross between a spaniel and a lurcher..............therefore a Splurcher.

My conversations are getting very limited these days.................its either the virus, dogs or what's for dinner..........sigh.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X