X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    You're playing a blinder Molls ! :welldone:

My 'patient' is back to normal - he & YS sat from Fri - Sun on their arses while I worked the 3 days. Only moved to eat, walk the dog, feed her rubbish.
    I came home last night shattered at 6.30 and automatically started sorting washing, and tidying the kitchen while still in my coat ........

This morning I was still exhausted but had to walk the dog for an hour, clean the house, then go for big shop, then cook the poxy food.
    Had a lightbulb moment after I heard a woman on the radio ( long story about work done at home is not classed as work) and the husband leaving her after 25 years.

So WTF am I doing ? If the 'breadwinner' is the person who leaves the house to go to work - why isn't he doing what I used to do when I was at home he was 'breadwinner'. FFS !!!

I know he has his new hip - but FFS - he was well able to drive at the weekend..... that's healed in my book.

AND ye know what ? this is the legacy of drinking - guilt and still self doubt - I always assume I'm in the wrong, being selfish and lazy. I'M NOT !!!

This concludes this evening's rant..... :victorious: thanks for listening y'all.
    I have spent 4 years teaching Joe that he's the bosser of the house....FFS...think we've regressed:egad:

Morning all...can't wait to hand this poxy dog back to Joe....and go back to work...
    And go on holidays (don't want much!!!)
    Had to email my big boss yesterday bout something...she replied 5 mins later with a big chatty email...didn't know we were such great friends :welldone: guessing even she's bored!!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning all!
      Molls I'm banking on a Greek holiday in September.

The postponed wedding will go ahead in July with maybe 25 / 50 guests. Suits me fine. The less the merrier - might actually know & get to talk to everyone.

Comment

Here - that Mary wan didn't check in last night. Did she come home at all.
        Did she turn off the lights & put the cat out ????
        Last edited by satz123; February 16, 2021, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Not booking anything this year.. the travel thing is far too controversial .. If it happens well and good..we still have 12 places we want to go that we've never been so need to get a wriggle on...want to see more of the world afore I'm too old

Joe is now finished his painkillers so today could be great!!!

And MrsA? How's it going?

Comment

Morning old biddies and those yet to achieve biddiness,

My Dad was 11/12 years older than my mum and when he retired he took on the shopping and housework. My Mum was still working. I don't know if they had a conversation about it............it was just assumed from what I remember.
            Our house is a tip at the moment after so many lockdowns we've basically not moved from allotted chairs. And our back bedroom has been shoved into the front bedroom.

I got a headache from surfing dog-friendly cottages yesterday so gave up.

Oooh I'm going out again today going to talk to another adult that isn't Mr. JC.............the optician.:thumbsup:

And its Shrove Tuesday..........no need to think of what to eat tonight.........pancakes until we feel sick.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[QUOTE=

And its Shrove Tuesday..........no need to think of what to eat tonight.........pancakes until we feel sick.[/QUOTE]

Same here JC. Afternoon everyone else. I was a stay at home Mom for 20 years and he traveled a lot so everything fell to me. I’m only working part time but I am trying to train them. When I’m told about something that needs doing I say why are you telling not doing. All adults in this house. Get a filthy look but 9 times out of 10 they go off and do it. Have to keep repeating it though, does not seem to stick!

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                Joe is now finished his painkillers so today could be great!!!
                When painkillers ran out here - I was hot-foot to the Chemist for Solpadeine - which when I looked they had EXACTLY the same ingredients as the painkillers on prescription..

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                  Oooh I'm going out again today going to talk to another adult that isn't Mr. JC.............the optician.:thumbsup:
                  How exciting :hyper: tell him I was asking for him ....
                  I have to go somewhere every day...... have to..... went to Dunnes Stores today for residents in NH to buy 3 bras & 6 pairs of joggers - also very exciting to use the owner's credit card & not my own. :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                    When painkillers ran out here - I was hot-foot to the Chemist for Solpadeine - which when I looked they had EXACTLY the same ingredients as the painkillers on prescription..
                    The ones Joe was on were the ones they are all taking in the states -- Oxy..something... mad things.. he's grand without..
                    the real world has kicked back in -- I'm now genuinely WFH -- have to attend a virtual library association author's thingy on Thurs. and a Team meeting tomorrow -- FFS -- as if I haven't enough to do ;-)

C'mere - it's weeks since MrS had his op... is he doing the 'old soldier' routine? He should be fine and healthy by now!! tell him to get up and cook the dinner --- now!! ;-)

Comment

Heard sad news today. If anyone remembers Shambles - he passed away in December '20 from COVID-19 from what I can gather. But possibly not ..... may have been alcohol related.
                      We had some good craic with him here - but I don't think he ever managed to beat alcohol.

Comment

Such a shame. I knew he'd been living on the streets and got his own place then saw nothing.
                        You know with the focus on the virus........mental health and addiction have been sidelined.
                        [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]........read the whole thread and loved you calling him Shampoo.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Pupdate..........I took Mikey out on my own and talked with some real people outside the post office. I've now got one arm longer than the other and every piece of grass has been sniffed and passed as worthy of having a pee on.

Got my reading glasses sorted. Went to the little M&S and bought some lemon juice which will now sit beside the other two bottles of lemon juice (still within use-by date) in the cupboard.

Mr JC in the office (the real one not the back bedroom) so its just me and Mikey tomorrow.:eek-new:
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry to hear that Benji, I do remember him.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Couldnt check in last night, I actually did not have 2 minutes on my own, right up until 1am. Even the loo, I was on pause and timed. (Cant imagine how Id manage it if I was trying to sneak in a few bottles of wine). I love them all dearly, but seriously...

I remember Shambles [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. often wondered if he made it. I remember he had got a place, but dont think he had quit? Was he a teacher? He was just a young fella.

I nodded through all the the moans about housework and juggling. I bark orders here, but no one uses their initiative. :whip:
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Sad news about Shambles, think he was in the army before my time. Delighted you are getting out and about with Mikey JC and he will be great company when Mr JC is out at work.

Nothing new here. Going for a walk in the woods with a friend later and that’s about it. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X