Army garrison - February 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

No way would you cut the grass here...gardens like a quagmire!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]
      Was it this one?
      Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Morning and waves to the world,
      English Writer was the author.............remember he got a lass pregnant after knowing her for just a few weeks and was beside himself....... they're still together and now got two children. Looking at their FB page they look so happy.
      Handy hint for doing skirting boards...........a pair of bed socks. I put them on and just go round and dust them with my foot and no bending.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]........you do sound a tad better. You know you're never far from our thoughts.
      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].....when are they carting Joe back in?

Pupdate............we're exhausted. He's so placid, rarely barks, the strength of an elephant and costing us a fortune. The men to put the new fence between us and next door...........and they've just arrived. Oh and no little 'accidents' inside.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon all. Delighted things even a little bit easier Brit. Mr Satz must be feeling much better if he is looking for his fish and chips even if he has a death wish asking for it, lol. Our lawn is like Mollys, quagmire. Himself does all the grass cutting etc outside. I’m left with the weeding though :egad:

Big dog, big appetite, lots of clean up. Daughter has to feed the lab and is always complaining about her bills but as I pointed out I did not ask for him, I exercise him but am not feeding him. Looks like he is getting you out and about JC so that’s good.

Miss RC, wonder how he is doing. So many people pass through and then disappear. Funny reading the thread from 2015 and seeing all the familiar faces who are still here. Going to stay with your regiment of the army, it is obviously working.

Comment

Yes it seems to work Rusters...it feels like folks here have a great understanding of addiction...makes life easier for all of us...no one in denial

Just had a 'team meeting' with my colleagues...oh Jesus wept it was boring...not missing that outside world as much as I thought I was...and then in the work group WhatsApp afterwards....there were 32 posts about what they were going off to drink...I honestly don't believe ONE of them is anything more than a completely normal drinker....but the fixation with it....just don't get it...mind you..back in the day I wouldn't have got involved in that chat anyway in case anyone might rumble me:welldone:

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......bless ya, pet. The very word 'team meeting' churns my stomach. I do hope you were all very politically correct.

I don't know if its because I was obsessed/fascinated with space travel as a young 'un but I've just clapped the probe that's just landed on Mars. :applouse:

And talking of zooming my brother's banging on about having one on Sunday.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry, It was JC's storys about Author English! Thats the one JC.
              Hows Mr Mikey doing?

Regiment of the army works for me too Rustop. WHo knows whats around the corner - but hopefully we will all still be here :heartbeat:

No other craic. Glimmer of hope that the schools are starting to return in March, the young kids anyway.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

G'day Troopers.

Sorry to hear the sad news that Shambles has passed away. Condolences to family. May he rest in peace. I think many of us know how easy it can be to cross back over that line into the old lifestyle. And how quickly it can happen.

Take care out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                  [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......bless ya, pet. The very word 'team meeting' churns my stomach. I do hope you were all very politically correct.

I don't know if its because I was obsessed/fascinated with space travel as a young 'un but I've just clapped the probe that's just landed on Mars. :applouse:

And talking of zooming my brother's banging on about having one on Sunday.
                  Like WHY??? My experience of men ( husband and 3 sons) is that that'd be their worst nightmare...none of them talk much unless they've got something to say...couldn't think of anything worse!!!

Comment

Loved the mars landing...so tense! Like you Jackie I was fixated with stars and planets and anything space related...if they were looking for volunteers to get a one way trip to Mars...I'd be gone!!!!! My name is on something on that lander!!!

Comment

Morning all..boss just on to say we won't be back to work till April or May....omg!! At least I'm getting paid

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                        [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION].....don't be a stranger

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]
                        Don't know why he's suddenly come of all family.......there's nigh on six years between us and I was quite happy being an only child. His missus has got a job doing the vaccine jabs (she's a retired nurse) so I think he may be bored.......so who better to bother than his big sister.
                        The zoom meeting has turned into a socially distanced walk with my brother and his two collies tomorrow.

We're similar ages so watching I'm wondering if that's why the fascination with space and rockets has just stuck.

Pupdate.......seems he's a man's dog. I am just his servant. He spends a lot of time under the dining room table unless Mr JC's working from home and Mikey's under his chair in the office. Of course, I've over thought, fretted and reckoned it was all to do with his crating on his way from Romania...........luckily talked to my cousin and my Aunt and their dogs do it all the time..........he's now on the settee.
                        Today he's going to disappointed as Mr. JC is in the real office.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone. Horrible morning here but braved it with the lab/retriever. He does not care and I just wore all the rain gear. Feel much better for being out. Shower and now coffee and then the dreaded grocery shop.

Looks like we will definitely be in lockdown until May apart from the schools. Am becoming more accepting of it. This pandemic is teaching us all to live in the moment and become more self sufficient. One of our dogs is a complete Daddy’s girl. Could be he favours her more. The rescue will go to anyone as long as she gets attention and himself is just interested in food.

Comment

I went out in the rain too, around lunch time, was actually lovely, it eased a bit. Your right Rustop, nothing we can do except roll with the lockdown.

Man dog Mikey sounds like he is settling in nicely :happy2:

Molly, great they are still paying you. Probably good timing right now. Hows Joe doing?
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                              You & Rusters know more than I do about dogs. But I believe being pack animals they need to decide who is the leader of the JC pack.
                              He's decided MrJC but he'll learn :haha:
                              He won't like MrJC going out & leaving him so you swoop in and show him you are the leader......

Comment

All talked out ..............

- adios

:horse:

Comment

Working...
                                X