Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army garrison - February 2021

Originally posted by starty View Post
    Molly :hug: Brit :hug: Brit, you are amazing for stopping at half a bottle. I cannot be sure I would have done. Molls, my little candle is going on again for tomorrow.
    Thanks Starty...just had another fraught phone call with my eldest...jeez I could ring his neck sometimes!! Thank God I love him or I'd disown him!
    Talking to Joe as well and he sounds okay...anyway.mary ..shocking about the in-laws getting Covid just from shopping...can't take any risks when he comes home so guessing no shopping....hope they're okay.
    Hi to everyone else..hope you okay MrsA?
    Last edited by mollyka; February 3, 2021, 04:42 PM.
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Will be thinking about you and Joe tomorrow too Molly. The waiting is awful. Really hoping you get some answers tomorrow.

Brit, that is some wine collection! Is MrA sleeping a lot? Do you get to chat much?

Inlaws are fine, I think. Hard to know. My sister in law is with them and is in an awful state. They are hardly out of the bed, but in ok form. Lots of talk about not going to hospital under any circumstances.. not sure what day they are on, but Im guessing 8.

Funny about your friend being neg Rustop. Must be the vaccine? My sister in law was also Neg. Which I was so happy about as the finger cant be pointed at her for 'bringing it in', as was the 1st reaction of one sibling..
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh Mary, I missed your inlaws being poorly. I hope that they get over it quickly. What a worry for you all.

Molls my bro used to drive me insane when mum was ill too. Demanding, angry with everything and it was all just worry about the situation but made things much harder to deal with. Now when we talk about it, he is always surprised when he wasnt made aware of half the stuff that happened purely because I couldnt handle the drama so didnt say. Was a lonely time

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
          Oh Mary, I missed your inlaws being poorly. I hope that they get over it quickly. What a worry for you all.

Molls my bro used to drive me insane when mum was ill too. Demanding, angry with everything and it was all just worry about the situation but made things much harder to deal with. Now when we talk about it, he is always surprised when he wasnt made aware of half the stuff that happened purely because I couldnt handle the drama so didnt say. Was a lonely time
          Yes...and my big worry is that my fall out with my sister's sort of started with similar when my mum was ill....but no way will I fall out with my son..I've calmed down this morning..but yeah ..we don't discuss as much as we could or should cos I limit my input to avoid another pompous lecture
          So glad the SIL didn't transmit it Mary.. there's a lot of finger pointing around which is really unpleasant
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning. Molly I can see how families fall out when someone close is dying. I have 3 daughters and although they are brilliant one of them is terrified about looking after Mr A but comes and cleans the house etc. She is scared of the Catheter,Stoma and Tubes--One daughter who was very practical and a nurse has had to go back to Norway, the youngest is brilliant and will do everything. They are ganging up on the one sister who is least helpful in their eyes. None of the three can be here for much time anyway.
            I am writing this in my tiny bit of free time while the carers are here washing him. (They are rubbish!!)
            Anyway I am sober and hangover free

Comment

Good morning everyone. Thinking of you today Molly and fingers crossed that this is the first step to a full recovery. Starty is right it is just worry and their way of dealing with it but that does not make it any easier to be on the receiving end of it.

Just read about a 93 year old who recovered in Galway so again fingers crossed for your in-laws Mary. The blame game is horrendous. Off to the woods with the doggies in a few minutes, it’s my safe haven and is keeping me sane. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Cross posted there with Brit. Glad you got through the night. Probably sibling rivalry with the girls and everyone is different, am sure a clean house is a comfort to you too. Are you managing to get out for even a short run? Pity the army don’t all share a barracks, think of the support we could be to each other.

I am an only child and my cousin always used to tell me how lucky I am and sometimes I think she was right. Animals are much easier, although poor Molly might not agree. The timing with the puppy during all this is not the best or maybe it was sent as a distraction, who knows.

Comment

Quick pop in before bed. I hope Jo goes well Molly.

I'm so glad you've got the home care Brit. Even if they aren't as good as you are at bed baths lol. It's an art, that.

An only child Rustop? I think my life might have been very different if that was the case. Another long story.

OK, short and sweet this eve. Night all.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Very late check in. Phone call and organizing how to get a birthday present to my Aunt before
                    Sunday. Then another call from another cousin. If you think I can yak on the phone you've never met these two.
                    Much love to Molls and Whizzy and their spouses.:hug:

I actually didn't want children..............so Jenny was a surprise..............so okay we'll stick with one.........so 21 months after Jenny arrived the son and age popped out. Another surprise as we were very careful.
                    I have no idea how they'd react.......but I'm pretty sure that Jenny would be the bossy one and the S&H would just do as he's told.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wishing the best outcome for Joe. Have a wonderful day, Army!
                      Last edited by techie; February 4, 2021, 11:04 AM.
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Love to all on here. There are so many very strong women here - inspirational.

Molls : I hope to God that there was a good outcome with Joe today - take care of yourself. I heard just the other day that men find it hard to show the emotion they are feeling. So sadness manifests as anger etc. So Simon probably struggling?:hug:

MsA what can I say ? You are a trooper. You are doing so well. :hug: Your run in with a bottle of wine .... reminded me of an interview with architect off the telly over here & he did exactly the same after 8 years sober. Asked how he felt having had a glass and a half - said "I felt stupid' & poured the remainder down the drain. But he was grateful to get it out of his system and he realised, like you, that alcohol wasn't the answer.
                        'I had a relapse during the first lockdown after eight years sober' - architect Hugh Wallace - Independent.ie

MrS & 'the hip' are doing well - so trivial - so I think I'll kick his arse tomorrow when he starts his ' Victor Meldrew' carry-on waving his crutch at me.

Bridge : My 600lb life - I watched for a long time - but began to feel 'maybe I'm not so bad' - so stopped the watching and eating giant chocolate buttons.

I am officially 'fully vaccinated' against COVID-19 and so grateful for it. So is mother so she'll probably outlive us all.

Mers how did your in-laws get 'it' ... ? Were they outside at all ?
                        Last edited by satz123; February 4, 2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

Mers how did your in-laws get 'it' ... ? Were they outside at all ?
                          They went as far as Tesco. No one was allowed in or out, except 1 daughter who is single and who they really need. She was Negative. We cant figure it out..

Thanks Rustop, good to hear positive stories, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Wonder if they found the root cause with Joe?

Easy to figure out who will be in charge in this house when we are 102 - youngest. The other 2 are horizontal. Shes a boss
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Just checking in to see how the sickies are going.

I think your son's reaction is one of feeling helpless, Molly. It's very common. People want to get control of something that is not within their control. As Satz says, they are frightened. Especially the ones who are usually 'the fixers'. Anyway, I hope your sitch is looking brighter today.

Satz I seem to find myself drawn to 600lb in macabre facination, whispering 'watch out Bridget, this is your future' to myself. They only seem to feature people in the same kind of situations though. I wonder what that's about.

Are the contact tracers on it Mers?

I'm glad you had the S&H and the princess, JC. You've got to have someone to wash yer nighties as you age. And the princess will have someone for the rest of her days as well.

The weekend approaches, folks! It's looking sunny and warm out there. I ripped out a huge swathe of overgrown summer growth yesterday so it's re-planting and seeding this weekend. I love it so much. The only place I really feel at peace any more, when I can get down there.

I have been approved to continue to work from home, after a bit of a stoush. Persistence is key folks! In all things!

Missing:
                            The Fickle one
                            The Stirly one
                            The KTAB one
                            The MissBehaving one
                            The Arsy one

And numerous other legends.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                              They went as far as Tesco. No one was allowed in or out, except 1 daughter who is single and who they really need. She was Negative. We cant figure it out..
                              Mers don't underestimate a trip to Tesco with these new variants on the loose FFS......
                              Just the act of getting in the car, getting the trolly, walking around, the till , other shoppers - I suppose are all fraught with danger. But - my day out is getting dressed & a trip to Tesco, or Aldi, or Super-Value. Without that I'd go nuts - I need to get away from 'Victor'

It's Russian Roulette who gets it and who doesn't
                              But that is so unfair on them & I hope they get well soon.

Positive note : They'll have natural immunity + the jab soon & all will be well .....
                              And many more like them will have the same & soon it will be in the past !!!

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                                Satz I seem to find myself drawn to 600lb in macabre facination, whispering 'watch out Bridget, this is your future' to myself. They only seem to feature people in the same kind of situations though. I wonder what that's about.

The weekend approaches, folks! It's looking sunny and warm out there. I ripped out a huge swathe of overgrown summer growth yesterday so it's re-planting and seeding this weekend. I love it so much. The only place I really feel at peace any more, when I can get down there.
                                Re 600 lb life Bridge - the fascination for me is HOW did their family, friends , doctors etc let them get into that state ? What is the mentality behind it? They are deeply unhappy from what I see. Very sad.
                                I see fat women with fat children I want to cry. HAving been a fat child, teenager & adult I think it's tantamount to child abuse.

Re: : The pottering in the garden sounds idyllic. We are expecting the 'Beast from the East' smaller brother this weekend. Snow & - 8 degrees.
                                I LOVE snow ...... especially as we can't go anywhere.(except work)
                                Brings me right back to Tesco - panic buying as soon as the first flake falls :haha:
                                Last edited by satz123; February 5, 2021, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X